University of Wisconsin

Very Easy Interview

Tutor Interview

Tutor
Madison, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Wisconsin in September 2011.

Interview Details – I knew a UW athlete, who recommended I tutor part time when I needed a job. The process was pretty simple, and I started a few weeks later. Other than a single compliance meeting, there were no steps between the interview and working.

Interview Question – There were no particularly hard questions; they just wanted to know how you would go about tutoring an athlete. The interview didn't last more than a half hour.   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Program Assistant
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Wisconsin.

Interview Details – Very easy interview process, it was more personal questions to see if I was a good fit as opposed to business related questions.

Interview Question – What are 5 of your biggest flaws   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Wisconsin in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was very quick.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They made an offer.

Assistant Scientist Interview

Assistant Scientist
Madison, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at University of Wisconsin in April 2010.

Interview Details – I first give a 45 min presentation and then meet with about 8 peoples individually, I had lunch with the group.
it is very extensive interview, you better have a really good sleep at the night before the interview. The peoples are very cold and you get be used to no smile situation.

Interview Question – why you want to work here, what is your goal in the next five years.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant
Madison, WI

The process took a day - interviewed at University of Wisconsin in February 2012.

Interview Details – go through resume, why you apply for chemistry library, what you want to get from this position

Interview Question – what are you proud of?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – flexibility of work time

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of Wisconsin in January 2010.

Interview Details – Nothing much to tell

Interview Question – Why do you want to join our research lab   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Wisconsin in November 2011.

Interview Details – The panel interview was as expected for University of Wisconsin - a "round up" of employees available to serve, some of which have no concept of what would (or wouldn't) make an applicant successful in the position. I was surprised however, with such a large institution, of some of the comments made during the process. Although I am no HR expert, they seem to have bordered on the illegal.
I earned one of two finalist spots and when I finally met with the ultimate hiring manager, he couldn't be bothered talking to me. Mostly spoke about himself and then cut us off at the half hour mark. It was apparent that the hiring decision was made prior to my interview and he was just going through the motions. It was disappointing that I took time off of work (two separate days, over two hours) to go through the interview process when, prepared my references, completed a background check, come to find out, the job went to an internal candidate that was earmarked from the beginning (based on a reliable internal source). The processes and procedures of University of Wisconsin require the protocol of a search and screen committee and panel interview. Although I feel I was the more qualified applicant, I regret I was simply used as a requirement fulfillment for this department to hire the person they had in mind from the beginning. My advice to future applicants is to verify if there is an internal applicant applying for the same position you are considering. If there is, I would suggest withdrawing your application as I have seen this very thing happen again and again at UW. It is a flaw in the system that unfortunately I fell victim to.

Interview Question – How good of writer are you?   View Answer

Dining Interview

Dining
Oshkosh, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Wisconsin in January 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Madison, WI

The process took 5 days - interviewed at University of Wisconsin in May 2009.

Interview Details – Short and to the point, offered lots of insight into what the position would entail. Interviewer proctored a skills test prior to beginning a 1:1 interview. After the interview, we toured the facility.

Interview Question – Which is more important in a leader: listening to others or accepting responsibility -- and maybe blame?   Answer Question

Student Services Associate Interview

Student Services Associate
Kenosha, WI

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Wisconsin in October 2010.

Interview Details – Confirmation letter acknowledging application received. Phone call offering to schedule initial phone screening. Phone screening interview with three people lasting about 1 hour. Letter offering second in person interview. Second interview consisted of 1) Panel of students, faculty, staff 2) Independent interview with program director 3) 15 minute presentation open to all members of campus community followed by Q&A. Offer by email. Negotiation by phone and email.

Reason for Declining – Salary proposition too low.

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Wisconsin