University of Wisconsin Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.7

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in May 2009.

Interview

Short and to the point, offered lots of insight into what the position would entail. Interviewer proctored a skills test prior to beginning a 1:1 interview. After the interview, we toured the facility.

Interview Questions

• Which is more important in a leader: listening to others or accepting responsibility -- and maybe blame?   Answer Question

Dining Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Wisconsin (Oshkosh, WI) in January 2009.

Interview

Phone interview

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest failure?   Answer Question
    • Tell us of a time when you failed to complete a project or task on time, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2009.

Interview

phone interview, then onsite, then offer

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in January 2008.

Interview

Questions about future research plan, interested area, interested professors.

Web Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2007.

Interview

First interviewed with Bookstore manger, then IMT manger.
    Very quick, and simple interviews since the job was designed for a student working park time hours with no Benfits. Had to call many times to get the first interview, the Bookstore director is always busy. Was asked why I want this job, what do I hope to get out of it, past experience etc.. I did not bring a portfolio. I did mention my classes in webdesign. The IMT manger was more silent, and ackward.. I felt like I had to carry the interview, and do the talking. The bookstore was very busy, while the IMT department want slow and quiet. The bookstore depends on the IMT department to keep their site up and running.

Interview Questions

• why did you quit your last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by 6 to 7 people. Two as a group. The entire process was relaxed and friendly. They asked about experience I had in the field. Very few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What project have you done in this field? What's your find-out?   Answer Question

Service Desk Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Wisconsin in September 2011.

Interview

Quick and easy interview with basic situational questions asked. The interviewers were a bit unproffesional, but otherwise it was fairly friendly.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your co-worker was doing something wrong?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Wisconsin in August 2011.

Interview

First had a phone interview, then was called back for an in person interview. Offered position next day, started the next week.

Career Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Wisconsin in July 2011.

Interview

They first interviewed my references. Each of my references were interviewed by phone for at least one hour. It is their process to filter candidates out this way but I felt it was a burden on my references, though I understand-as they don't want to waste time with candidates and poor references. I was accepted as one of the finalists and invited onto campus. It was a wonderful interview, lots of joking and serious conversation about the future possibilities of the department. In all, it took three hours. I was sure I was going to get an offer but was rejected. The reason I am a little sour from the experience is that they hired internally-sort of. Departments were merging and the director hired someone they had worked with before. Looking back, the director was the least interested in me throughout the interview. Others on the panel spoke of me having the best references and work experience than others who had applied for the position.

House Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Wisconsin in November 2010.

Interview

House Fellows (RAs) function as advisers, program planners, and enforcers for students living in residence halls at UW-Madison. For this job, I had to write several essays and have two professional references fill out reference forms. The interview process was 3:1, taking about 45 minutes. There was also a shorter group interview where you were observed working with a team of other candidates on a task. The 3:1 interview was quite lengthy and featured behavioral questions. The questions focused heavily on the values of Housing (diversity, academics, involvement, and community) and experiences pertaining to them. It took about a month to hear back from Housing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience working with a diversity group that made you feel uncomfortable.   Answer Question