University of Wisconsin-Madison Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions

2.0

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Pretty smooth. Our department is small. It's hard to get funding for a PhD Student. We don't have undergraduates, so no TA position available. Sometimes we need to look for fundings from another department.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Wisconsin-Madison

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI).

Interview

Contacted PI directly to determine if they had a position open and had funding. Submitted application after verifying funding. Visited the campus and lab before accepting the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, set rates for graduate assistants.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Interview was scheduled which was not much of an interview in fact.It was to know what kind of work has been done by me in the past and it is upto you to convince the interviewer that you are good enough for the position.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions during the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in June 2010.

Interview

I knew about this opening before most people did, so I was able to indicate my interest to the PI for the project in advance. I suspect that this, and the fact that I was in the same department, gave me a leg up on some of the other candidates.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. The 50% FTE rate was fixed for the position.