University of Wisconsin-Madison Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.5

Security Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview

It is a long process, but it is a police department and want to know who they are hiring. Sometimes it does take them a while to make a decision. Most people do not make it through the background check because they are not honest about their past.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your Ahha Momnet.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They tell you up front what you will be paid. No negotiation.

Senior Student Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in January 2013.

Interview

a 2-stage interview process including a phone interview, and a 1/2 day in-person interview. The 1/2 day in-person interview involves a 1 hour Q&A with a search and screen committee, a 1 hour presentation, a written assignment (i.e., demonstrate how you would respond to a series of emails), and a 1 hour interview with the director or an asst director.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a couple examples of how you have persuaded others to go along with a project or initiative.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was not open for negotiation.

Supervisor Position Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview

Applied through student job center, got an email inviting to interview within two weeks. Interviewed the next week and got a response the week after. The process was relax and the interviewers did not make me feel uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a group of college students when you, yourself is a college student?   Answer Question

Assistant Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in February 2011.

Interview

phone interview for some background question and then onsite interview for presentation for the communication skills, talk with each group members test the personality, communication skills and to see whether you are a person to work with others easily. what's your expect salary?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background? collaboration experience do you want to move to madison   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Interview

I had 2 panel interviews: one with peers and manager, second with physicians. All contact was made through HR. There was about a month turn around from when the application was submitted to when I started. I believe that the process has changed from when I was hired. Most contact seems to come through the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - was told where I would be starting.

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

They advertised the open position online. I then submitted my application with references to them electronically. A few weeks later, they contacted me to set up an interview. The interview was a phone interview with a committee of 3 members who were professors. It lasted about 25 minutes. They asked basic questions and there were no real surprises.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have? Describe your teaching methods.   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI).

Interview

Responded to ad with job application letter and resume. Called to come for personal interview. Three on One interview with program director and two staff members. Background check. Reference check. Offered job. Accepted and began two weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered 25% appointment for one year.

Student Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in September 2012.

Interview

Quick informal interview to gauge skills and knowledge

Student Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI).

Interview

There was a two step interview process. The first round was with two administrative staff and the department chair. The second interview was with two program-affiliated faculty.

Mobile Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple, given by two lead developers. My interview questions were pretty basic, ranging from a simple search problem, to a recursive function call. I ended up getting the position, and couldn't complain. The pay was decent for a summer job.