University of Wisconsin-Madison Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2014
Updated Jun 23, 2014

2.5

Security Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

It is a long process, but it is a police department and want to know who they are hiring. Sometimes it does take them a while to make a decision. Most people do not make it through the background check because they are not honest about their past.

Interview Questions
    They tell you up front what you will be paid. No negotiation.

Senior Student Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison in January 2013.

a 2-stage interview process including a phone interview, and a 1/2 day in-person interview. The 1/2 day in-person interview involves a 1 hour Q&A with a search and screen committee, a 1 hour presentation, a written assignment (i.e., demonstrate how you would respond to a series of emails), and a 1 hour interview with the director or an asst director.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a couple examples of how you have persuaded others to go along with a project or initiative.   Answer Question
    The offer was not open for negotiation.

Economics Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison in March 2012.

Applied online through UW-Madison website. Need to include cover letter, resume, and avaibility. Once you got selected, they will call you for an interview. Some behavioral questions and economics related problems were asked during the interview session. Just review your basic Econs 101 and 102 before going to the interview. Good luck.

Student Technical Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Obviously a lot of technical questions about hardware.
    Character evaluation, hobbies and interests

Interview Questions
    • What's the reason behind BSOD? (Blue screen of death)   View Answer

Supervisor Position Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Applied through student job center, got an email inviting to interview within two weeks. Interviewed the next week and got a response the week after. The process was relax and the interviewers did not make me feel uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
    • How would you manage a group of college students when you, yourself is a college student?   Answer Question

Student Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison in September 2012.

Quick informal interview to gauge skills and knowledge

Student Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

There was a two step interview process. The first round was with two administrative staff and the department chair. The second interview was with two program-affiliated faculty.

Associate Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison in April 2009.

Job listings are on the University of Wisconsin Madison web site. Typical process: submit cover letter and resume to the contact for the job. Called back for one interview after review of submission.

Mobile Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison in March 2013.

The interview process was pretty simple, given by two lead developers. My interview questions were pretty basic, ranging from a simple search problem, to a recursive function call. I ended up getting the position, and couldn't complain. The pay was decent for a summer job.

Assistant Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison in July 2010.

I was originally interviewed as a undergraduate student hourly, and then promoted to Research Assistant (50%) during grad school and Assistant Researcher (100%) after graduation. I did not re-interview for the later positions, so I'm noting my interview for the undergraduate position.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite organ of the body and why?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate anything.

Worked for University of Wisconsin-Madison? Contribute to the Community!