University of Wisconsin-Madison

29 candidate interviews

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

Interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison

Interview Details – Pretty smooth. Our department is small. It's hard to get funding for a PhD Student. We don't have undergraduates, so no TA position available. Sometimes we need to look for fundings from another department.

Interview Question – Building a profile of real project   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Instructor
Madison, WI

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview Details – Responded to ad with job application letter and resume. Called to come for personal interview. Three on One interview with program director and two staff members. Background check. Reference check. Offered job. Accepted and began two weeks later.

Interview Question – Have you had any experience in technical fields?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered 25% appointment for one year.

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Program Specialist Interview

Administrative Program Specialist
Madison, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview Details – Long delays in communication between initial application and interview process. Though I expected a two-step process, there was only one interview held over a half-day with various groups and individuals.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected or creative interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was convinced that there were no negotiations possible, as the hiring manager offered the maximum allowed by the ruling College's HR official. I later learned that this was all a fiction.

Supervisor Position Interview

Supervisor Position

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview Details – Applied through student job center, got an email inviting to interview within two weeks. Interviewed the next week and got a response the week after. The process was relax and the interviewers did not make me feel uncomfortable.

Interview Question – How would you manage a group of college students when you, yourself is a college student?   Answer Question

Security Interview

Security

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview Details – It is a long process, but it is a police department and want to know who they are hiring. Sometimes it does take them a while to make a decision. Most people do not make it through the background check because they are not honest about their past.

Interview Question – Tell me about your Ahha Momnet.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They tell you up front what you will be paid. No negotiation.

Student Intern Interview

Student Intern
Madison, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison in September 2012.

Interview Details – Quick informal interview to gauge skills and knowledge

Interview Question – No difficult questions, just basic resume questions   Answer Question

Student Services Coordinator Interview

Student Services Coordinator
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview Details – There was a two step interview process. The first round was with two administrative staff and the department chair. The second interview was with two program-affiliated faculty.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Madison, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison in June 2010.

Interview Details – I knew about this opening before most people did, so I was able to indicate my interest to the PI for the project in advance. I suspect that this, and the fact that I was in the same department, gave me a leg up on some of the other candidates.

Interview Question – General questions about my interests.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. The 50% FTE rate was fixed for the position.

Student Interview

Student

Interview Details – Great

Interview Question – No questions asked, I am a student.   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Project Assistant

Interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison

Interview Details – Professors want to know your background, your academic history, most importantly, your past projects and academic research. Choosing a right area that has something to do with your past experience is important. Also, your interests will earn you some credits. Professors need to work with in projects you before they hire you.

Interview Question – No questions, just do project with him.   Answer Question

Worked for University of Wisconsin-Madison? Contribute to the Community!