University of Wisconsin Marketing Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Wisconsin in November 2011.

The panel interview was as expected for University of Wisconsin - a "round up" of employees available to serve, some of which have no concept of what would (or wouldn't) make an applicant successful in the position. I was surprised however, with such a large institution, of some of the comments made during the process. Although I am no HR expert, they seem to have bordered on the illegal.
I earned one of two finalist spots and when I finally met with the ultimate hiring manager, he couldn't be bothered talking to me. Mostly spoke about himself and then cut us off at the half hour mark. It was apparent that the hiring decision was made prior to my interview and he was just going through the motions. It was disappointing that I took time off of work (two separate days, over two hours) to go through the interview process when, prepared my references, completed a background check, come to find out, the job went to an internal candidate that was earmarked from the beginning (based on a reliable internal source). The processes and procedures of University of Wisconsin require the protocol of a search and screen committee and panel interview. Although I feel I was the more qualified applicant, I regret I was simply used as a requirement fulfillment for this department to hire the person they had in mind from the beginning. My advice to future applicants is to verify if there is an internal applicant applying for the same position you are considering. If there is, I would suggest withdrawing your application as I have seen this very thing happen again and again at UW. It is a flaw in the system that unfortunately I fell victim to.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Wisconsin

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Wisconsin in April 2010.

Good interview process that allowed for insite into the position through meeting with multiple staff members. Campus tour was also part of the review process.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think of the current Univ. logo and how it applies to our department?   Answer Question

Worked for University of Wisconsin? Contribute to the Community!