University of Wyoming Interview Questions

Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.9

Assistant Professor Interview

Interview

As with most academic position, submitted a application package prior to the posted deadline. Was contacted about four weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Was invited for a 3 day visit/interview. Was flown into Denver which is a two hour drive from Laramie. Picked up by a potential faculty member. While the formal interview doesn't start until you're on campus, expect lots of questions during the long drive from and back to the airport.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Wyoming in December 2014.

Interview

1st step is to fill out the HR forms fields and then add resume. They never asked for samples of work. 2nd step is to get a call asking to do a Skype.
     Skype interview - "what is your editing workflow", "how long does it take you to edit a 1 min video",
    3rd step is to create a video with stills suitable for magazine front cover. Length of video 1-3 min including 5 transitions from outside to inside.
    4th step is the in person interview.

College Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY) in October 2012.

Interview

Submit resume and cover letter, panel interview, review process, job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that your authority was questioned. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY) in March 2012.

Interview

I am an international student therefore I didnt have change to have in person interview. After my application, two of the professors arranged a skype meeting. We have talked about my resume and qualifications. In addition to that, there were some basic HR quastions.

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview was a basic phone interview with four people asking questions. I was flattered to get the interview but in the back of my mind I am a city boy and I really do not think I could adapt to living in Wyoming.

In this economy if you are unemployed you may start applying for positions which you are adept and qualified for but the opportunity is in a local, region or country which you may not have considered if you were not in financial hardship or anxious to return to your career. Make sure before you start the application process that the position is located in a community, region or country where you want to live. I understand we have to be adaptable to our environment but in my opinion you spend 40 hours a week at your job. You spend 128 hours in the community which you will be living. Make sure that the job which you take is in a place where you want to live. It doesn't make sense to be unhappy, bored or not interested with the community, and its culture and your only respite is when you are at work.

Interview Questions

• Your supevisory skills are very weak. Why are they so after all these years in this profession?   1 Answer

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY) in February 2011.

Interview

You sign up and read the survey. If you can enunciate your words to where they understand them you will be hired. It is not very difficult to get hired here. You need to be able to handle answers that are not exactly like the answer responses. Normally just ask again but sometimes can read between the lines.

Interview Questions

• Handling answers that are not exactly the same as the answer responses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None it is given before you apply

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY) in June 2010.

Interview

We met, and discussed our interests. We decided that we could work well together.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I have no power to negotiate

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY) in February 2010.

Interview

Applied online

Interview Questions

• People are supposed to explored their own view on the research topic. Not just rely on the PI.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY) in October 2009.

Interview

There were six professors asking some intense research and teaching questions in a short duration of 20 minutes.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Wyoming in January 2010.

Interview

I was asked about technical problems and very detailed ones. There was only one interviewer talked with me. Get prepared for questions from fundamental courses in your research area. The graduate program I enrolled is kicking people out very hard.

Interview Questions

• What is the structure of H2O? Does it change under 32F?   Answer Question