University of Wyoming

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Laramie, WY

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at University of Wyoming in February 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online

Interview Question – People are supposed to explored their own view on the research topic. Not just rely on the PI.   Answer Question

College Advisor Interview

Laramie, WY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Wyoming in October 2012.

Interview Details – Submit resume and cover letter, panel interview, review process, job offer.

Interview Question – Name a time that your authority was questioned. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Laramie, WY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Wyoming in February 2011.

Interview Details – You sign up and read the survey. If you can enunciate your words to where they understand them you will be hired. It is not very difficult to get hired here. You need to be able to handle answers that are not exactly like the answer responses. Normally just ask again but sometimes can read between the lines.

Interview Question – Handling answers that are not exactly the same as the answer responses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None it is given before you apply

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant
Laramie, WY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Wyoming in June 2010.

Interview Details – We met, and discussed our interests. We decided that we could work well together.

Interview Question – What are your interests?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I have no power to negotiate

PROGRAM DIRECTOR Interview

Laramie, WY

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at University of Wyoming in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was a basic phone interview with four people asking questions. I was flattered to get the interview but in the back of my mind I am a city boy and I really do not think I could adapt to living in Wyoming.

In this economy if you are unemployed you may start applying for positions which you are adept and qualified for but the opportunity is in a local, region or country which you may not have considered if you were not in financial hardship or anxious to return to your career. Make sure before you start the application process that the position is located in a community, region or country where you want to live. I understand we have to be adaptable to our environment but in my opinion you spend 40 hours a week at your job. You spend 128 hours in the community which you will be living. Make sure that the job which you take is in a place where you want to live. It doesn't make sense to be unhappy, bored or not interested with the community, and its culture and your only respite is when you are at work.

Interview Question – Your supevisory skills are very weak. Why are they so after all these years in this profession?   View Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Laramie, WY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Wyoming in October 2009.

Interview Details – There were six professors asking some intense research and teaching questions in a short duration of 20 minutes.

Interview Question – Differentiate lower level teaching from upper level   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Wyoming? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Wyoming interview questions and advice in Laramie, WY. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Wyoming employees and interview candidates.