University of Wyoming Interview Questions in Laramie, WY

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laramie, WY

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Wyoming in March 2012.

I am an international student therefore I didnt have change to have in person interview. After my application, two of the professors arranged a skype meeting. We have talked about my resume and qualifications. In addition to that, there were some basic HR quastions.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laramie, WY

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at University of Wyoming in February 2010.

Applied online

Interview Questions
    • People are supposed to explored their own view on the research topic. Not just rely on the PI.   Answer Question

College Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laramie, WY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Wyoming in October 2012.

Submit resume and cover letter, panel interview, review process, job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that your authority was questioned. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laramie, WY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Wyoming in February 2011.

You sign up and read the survey. If you can enunciate your words to where they understand them you will be hired. It is not very difficult to get hired here. You need to be able to handle answers that are not exactly like the answer responses. Normally just ask again but sometimes can read between the lines.

Interview Questions
    • Handling answers that are not exactly the same as the answer responses.   Answer Question
    None it is given before you apply

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laramie, WY

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Wyoming in June 2010.

We met, and discussed our interests. We decided that we could work well together.

Interview Questions
    I have no power to negotiate

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laramie, WY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at University of Wyoming in August 2011.

The interview was a basic phone interview with four people asking questions. I was flattered to get the interview but in the back of my mind I am a city boy and I really do not think I could adapt to living in Wyoming.

In this economy if you are unemployed you may start applying for positions which you are adept and qualified for but the opportunity is in a local, region or country which you may not have considered if you were not in financial hardship or anxious to return to your career. Make sure before you start the application process that the position is located in a community, region or country where you want to live. I understand we have to be adaptable to our environment but in my opinion you spend 40 hours a week at your job. You spend 128 hours in the community which you will be living. Make sure that the job which you take is in a place where you want to live. It doesn't make sense to be unhappy, bored or not interested with the community, and its culture and your only respite is when you are at work.

Interview Questions
    • Your supevisory skills are very weak. Why are they so after all these years in this profession?   View Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laramie, WY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Wyoming in October 2009.

There were six professors asking some intense research and teaching questions in a short duration of 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

Worked for University of Wyoming? Contribute to the Community!