University of the Pacific Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2015

2.4

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

There are two interviews, one with a faculty member and one with a student. There is also a writing portion and a tour of the campus.

The questions seemed were very typical. They seemed to be picking a few from a list they had.

The entire staff was friendly and helpful. The school presented itself in a very warm manner as opposed to a colder and dry approach that is expected in the professional world.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of the Pacific.

Interview

Multiple panel interviews spread over 3.5 hours. Very fair questions, but the delve into every area of the job description, and you need to be detailed in answers. Had a 1-1 interview with my boss, a 1-1 with someone in a similar position in another department, and a large 5 person panel of other people influential with my boss.

Interview Questions

• There was a question about some small job description detail that I had forget about - don't do that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for me, but I was very happy with offer.

Information Commons Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of the Pacific.

Interview

It was a group interview, mainly asked situation based questions. For example, describe a situation where you've had a conflict with another team member. How did you handle the situation? How well is your knowledge with technology (Mainly Windows and Mac)? Describe software you are proficient in. Describe a challenge you face at another job, school, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you've had a conflict with another team member,   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA).

Interview

General interview reviewing initial application. There was a description of the department given as well as the expectations of the position. Pretty basic and easy.

Negotiation

Once the initial offer was made, discussions regarding commute, child care and comparison of current job.

Systems Administrator I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of the Pacific.

Interview

Usually starts wiht a review of the resume and then a phone interview. If you qualify then moves on to the in person and could be a couple of these before a decision is made.

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate but I know of people that have and they are open to some negotiation but not much.

Biology Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Interview

Virtually all incoming graduate students into the Masters of Biological Sciences program get the option to receive a Teaching Assistant position. There is no interview for this process. There was also no interview for me to get into the program, but I was already an undergraduate at the university. I hear now that there is an interview to get into the program, but I have no details about the questions asked.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

My initial interview was with a panel of five. I was very surprised by this and felt a little nervous. However, the interview went extremely well and I quickly felt very comfortable with everyone in the room. Most everyone was very nice, however, there was one person in the interview who I felt uncomfortable with. Either way, I left the interview feeling confident that I had done well and knew that I would accept an offer if they gave it. Within the same week, I was called to meet with the head of the department for a second interview, 1:1. I was much more nervous in this interview. Unfortunately, the person I interviewed with did a lot of talking, but not very much listening. By the time I was done with the interview, I knew all about them, but they knew very little about me. Wait, who was interviewing who?! After that meeting, I was so unclear about the interview that I left feeling unsure about whether or not I still wanted the position. I was called the following day and offered the position, so I ultimately accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate slightly. I asked them to increase the salary offered by a small amount

Student Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Very easy and you only needed good grades.

Negotiation

No, I was not.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Apply via the University's job site on main page (www.pacific.edu). Most jobs are reviewed by a committee who will then call applicant for an interview. Not required that applicants are notified that they will not be called in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Know what you are worth prior to going in and also get a feel for what they can pay you at starting (range is okay). Pay raises occur but are always small (2-4% range), so try and start at as high of a salary as you can. If the job only pays in th 40-60K range and you feel you are already at 60K, I probably wouldn't even bother applying. The job probably wouldn't challenge you anyhow.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Hiring process was pretty straight forward I expressed my interest in the position to the supervisor and handed him my résumé.. Since my position was a student job I got a call before the semester started and was asked a few simple it related questions like what is SATA

Interview Questions

• How do you remove hard drive from a computer without touching it   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation