University of the Pacific

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Director Interview

Assistant Director
Stockton, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of the Pacific in October 2010.

Interview Details – Apply via the University's job site on main page (www.pacific.edu). Most jobs are reviewed by a committee who will then call applicant for an interview. Not required that applicants are notified that they will not be called in.

Interview Question – Questions on support for diversity.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Know what you are worth prior to going in and also get a feel for what they can pay you at starting (range is okay). Pay raises occur but are always small (2-4% range), so try and start at as high of a salary as you can. If the job only pays in th 40-60K range and you feel you are already at 60K, I probably wouldn't even bother applying. The job probably wouldn't challenge you anyhow.

Information Commons Assistant Interview

Information Commons Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at University of the Pacific.

Interview Details – It was a group interview, mainly asked situation based questions. For example, describe a situation where you've had a conflict with another team member. How did you handle the situation? How well is your knowledge with technology (Mainly Windows and Mac)? Describe software you are proficient in. Describe a challenge you face at another job, school, etc.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you've had a conflict with another team member,   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant I Interview

Administrative Assistant I
Stockton, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of the Pacific.

Interview Details – General interview reviewing initial application. There was a description of the department given as well as the expectations of the position. Pretty basic and easy.

Negotiation Details – Once the initial offer was made, discussions regarding commute, child care and comparison of current job.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Technical Support Specialist
Stockton, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at University of the Pacific in April 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process was pretty straight forward I expressed my interest in the position to the supervisor and handed him my résumé.. Since my position was a student job I got a call before the semester started and was asked a few simple it related questions like what is SATA

Interview Question – How do you remove hard drive from a computer without touching it   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Systems Administrator I Interview

Systems Administrator I

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of the Pacific.

Interview Details – Usually starts wiht a review of the resume and then a phone interview. If you qualify then moves on to the in person and could be a couple of these before a decision is made.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate but I know of people that have and they are open to some negotiation but not much.

Biology Teaching Assistant Interview

Biology Teaching Assistant

Interviewed at University of the Pacific

Interview Details – Virtually all incoming graduate students into the Masters of Biological Sciences program get the option to receive a Teaching Assistant position. There is no interview for this process. There was also no interview for me to get into the program, but I was already an undergraduate at the university. I hear now that there is an interview to get into the program, but I have no details about the questions asked.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Administrative Assistant II
Stockton, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of the Pacific in April 2012.

Interview Details – My initial interview was with a panel of five. I was very surprised by this and felt a little nervous. However, the interview went extremely well and I quickly felt very comfortable with everyone in the room. Most everyone was very nice, however, there was one person in the interview who I felt uncomfortable with. Either way, I left the interview feeling confident that I had done well and knew that I would accept an offer if they gave it. Within the same week, I was called to meet with the head of the department for a second interview, 1:1. I was much more nervous in this interview. Unfortunately, the person I interviewed with did a lot of talking, but not very much listening. By the time I was done with the interview, I knew all about them, but they knew very little about me. Wait, who was interviewing who?! After that meeting, I was so unclear about the interview that I left feeling unsure about whether or not I still wanted the position. I was called the following day and offered the position, so I ultimately accepted.

Interview Question – Tell us something about you that we may not know.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate slightly. I asked them to increase the salary offered by a small amount

Very Easy Interview

Student Tutor Interview

Student Tutor
Stockton, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of the Pacific in August 2011.

Interview Details – Very easy and you only needed good grades.

Negotiation Details – No, I was not.

Very Easy Interview

Student Interview

Student

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of the Pacific in August 2008.

Interview Details – They mainly told me how I was part of the few to get called back to do an on campus interview to be a student. I accepted and now am a student here.

Interview Question – Why do you want to go here?   Answer Question

Worked for University of the Pacific? Contribute to the Community!