University of the Rockies

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Admissions Counselor Interview

Admissions Counselor

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of the Rockies in September 2012.

Interview Details – You are interviewed by managers, they are mostly new to their leadership roles. You can tell they aren't experienced at interviewing, they just read questions from sheets they have in their hands.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary, they will of course have you discuss difficult service situations from previous work experiences, your strengths / weaknesses, etc.
They should have another department handling the interviews. Once I was hired I realized I must have done ok in my interview because the manager who interviewed me said he and another manager were fighting for me for their individual admissions teams…. I have managed in other work situations but this was unprofessional to me, instead of making me feel excited about my new job offer, it made me question what is going on in this place?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating, they said it had to do with the education you earned. I was given the maximum amount they said b/c I had earned a Master's degree.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Admissions Counselor
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of the Rockies in February 2010.

Interview Details – Initial intro phone call that last about 10 minutes. If they determine that you could be a good fit for the job, they will schedule you for another phone interview that is more in depth. If you get a call back from that, they schedule you to come in and meet with an HR person for a face to face interview with role play. If you pass the third interview, and they like you, you will get a call back with an offer.

Interview Question – I wasn't prepared for the role play. In this scenario, you are an admissions councelor trying to enroll a potential student over the phone.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They intially had mentioned a salary of $38,000, but later came back with an offer of $44,000 they said because i had a Master's degree

Worked for University of the Rockies? Contribute to the Community!