University of the Rockies Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2015

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of the Rockies

Admissions Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of the Rockies.

The interview process was pretty easy. Phone interview with the recruiter in San Diego and then you have the face to face with a Manager in Denver. The interview went really well and I received a call within 24 hours from the interview.

No negotiation.

Admissions Counselor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of the Rockies in September 2012.

You are interviewed by managers, they are mostly new to their leadership roles. You can tell they aren't experienced at interviewing, they just read questions from sheets they have in their hands.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary, they will of course have you discuss difficult service situations from previous work experiences, your strengths / weaknesses, etc.
      They should have another department handling the interviews. Once I was hired I realized I must have done ok in my interview because the manager who interviewed me said he and another manager were fighting for me for their individual admissions teams…. I have managed in other work situations but this was unprofessional to me, instead of making me feel excited about my new job offer, it made me question what is going on in this place?

View Answer
    No negotiating, they said it had to do with the education you earned. I was given the maximum amount they said b/c I had earned a Master's degree.

Student Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of the Rockies in October 2011.

Initial phone screen. Then interview with director, manager and one team member. Questions are all very generic and they're looking more for fit with the team than your qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • Questions in the interview are all your generic interview questions, "what do you know about the student advisor position" what are your three strongest characteristics...etc.   Answer Question
    no option to negotiate. very corporate.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of the Rockies in February 2010.

Initial intro phone call that last about 10 minutes. If they determine that you could be a good fit for the job, they will schedule you for another phone interview that is more in depth. If you get a call back from that, they schedule you to come in and meet with an HR person for a face to face interview with role play. If you pass the third interview, and they like you, you will get a call back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't prepared for the role play. In this scenario, you are an admissions councelor trying to enroll a potential student over the phone.   Answer Question
    They intially had mentioned a salary of $38,000, but later came back with an offer of $44,000 they said because i had a Master's degree

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of the Rockies in January 2010.

Set up a phone interview, then the next day had a 1 on 1 interview and was made a contingent offer on passing the background check. I told them that I would wait until the background check cleared prior to officially starting. They also want to do a degree verification, which took about 2 weeks, but you do not need this to start your position. However, if your degree does not get verified or is found incorrect they will give you 5 days to fix it and if it is not resolved you are let go.

Interview Questions
    • They did more of a behavioral style interview where they ask you questions like tell me about a time when you had a diffcult customer, how did you deal with it, and what actions did you take.   View Answer
    Take it or leave it mentality.