Unwired Planet

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Product Marketing Manager
Redwood City, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Unwired Planet in June 2010.

Interview Details – Friendly and polite HR and hiring managers who took the time to describe the position and the skills needed for the role. After first phone interviews I was asked to fly over for an on-site interview with all of the senior leaders of the particular group. Flight was paid for and hotel/car rental was supposed to be paid for but weren't. I ended up with that part of the bill and they didn't even bother checking. The building and surrounding facilities are nice but the overall location is not so good. People were polite and on time for the interviews. Since my flight back wasn't until late that day, I was given a room to stay and do some work for the rest of the day after my last interview. No particular interview format, the usual questions but nothing very structured. The bad: they never got back to me, even to say "no thanks, you don't meet the requirements of the position". So my entire perception of that being a decent company went down the drain.

Interview Question – You seem overqualified for the position. Why are you interested in it?   Answer Question

Worked for Unwired Planet? Contribute to the Community!