Unwired Planet

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Unwired Planet in January 2009.

The engineering team seems to be smart. The recruiter contacted me out of the blue. He was prepared and had a good pitch. I first spoke to an engineering director via phone. It lasted about 50minutes, lots of technical and situational type of questions. The recruiter got back to me a few days later and invited me for an onsite. I met 4 engineers and a manager. They asked appropriate level of questions and the interview ran smoothly. Everyone was on time. I had to white board a number of questions. I sensed some attitude from one of the engineers. Not sure what that was about. But overall, it seemed like a good team. Not a great environment, it was pretty stale and bland. Overall though, it was okay. Nothing incredible and nothing horrible.

Side note. Too bad they are not doing well now. It was a good place while it lasted.

Interview Questions
  • Memory mapping in C. It had been a while and I was going in for a mgr role.   Answer Question
Recruiter was very good. He negotiated well.