Unwired Planet

Very Easy Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Unwired Planet in May 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through a staffing agency. The first round consisted on phone interview.

After this, they invited me for an on-site interview. I was interviewed by two managers for the first hour. It was nothing but going through my resume and previous experience. I guess they did not like me then. When I was with two other managers in the second hour, one of the managers was called off (May be by one of the two people from the first hour).

That was it.

First thing is, they had my resume and background before, so not sure what they were smoking when they called me for an on-site if they did not like my background.

Second, for a company whose stock is a penny stock at $2.00, they seem to have lot of attitude.

Interview Question – previous experience   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Unwired Planet in September 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted by seven people and 45 minutes by each people.

At first Hiring manager asked about my background, work experiences. Then he started asking about C++ questions - couple of questions are on how to implement a Singleton class, and write the code. How does the Virtual functions work and write a small program.

The next person was one of the principal Engineer, he drilled down on basic C and C++. Asked me on Linked List implementation, how does ++, -- operator work. Wrote some code and show the outcome.

The next candidate was again one of the principal Engineer, he was asking about basic C/C++ questions -
a. ListA has some elements and ListB has another/common set of elements - find the common ones between these two lists. What are the algorithms can be used??
b. String class implementations

The next person was asking about my work experiences and walk through my resume.

Several other Senior Managers from QE, PAC was asking high level questions.

Interview Question – Write a Singleton class and explain.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes I was able to negotiate with Hiring Manager

Worked for Unwired Planet? Contribute to the Community!