Update Legal

Relevance Date Difficulty

Contract Attorney Interview

Contract Attorney
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Update Legal in March 2014.

Interview Details – 30 minute interview highlighting relevant education & experience - paperwork had been previously forwarded & completed

Interview Question – asked about nature of some projects involving trade secrets and pending patents   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Update Legal in January 2014.

Interview Details – I sent in my resume for a position in San Francisco that seemed to fit me perfectly - I live in LA, so I would have had to relocate. I spoke to Daniela, she was really cool, had a great English accent, which I am a sucker for - besides that, she was very professional, and knew what she was doing.

I went to the LA office to submit the paperwork, and unfortunately did not get the position, as they filled it, probably with someone local, no big deal. They said they would let me know if something comes up that would be a good fit.

Interview Question – Why am I working as a paralegal when I could be doing something else?   View Answer

Contract Attorney for Document Review Interview

Contract Attorney for Document Review
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Update Legal in July 2013.

Interview Details – I responded to an ad on Craigslist, which sought recent law school graduates for document review. I did not realize that it was posted by a recruiting firm specializing in the legal industry. After they determined that I possessed the minimum prerequisites for the opportunity, they called me to set up an interview. I was e-mailed a job application, which I filled out prior to the interview, and I was instructed to bring my social security card, along with my driver's license with me to the interview. The interview took place in their New York City offices, which was easy to reach via public transportation. The reception area of their office was spacious with comfortable couches. After filling out the required tax forms and contact information for my references, I waited for 10 or so minutes in their reception area. The woman who interviewed me was extremely warm, very welcoming, and easy to talk to. She asked standard interview questions about my credentials, including my education, work experience, and various other technical skills listed on my resume. I got the impression that they really sought to place candidates in the best possible work environment. They seemed to really care about whether the opportunity would be a good fit for the candidate, as opposed to just whether the candidate was qualified for the position. After the interview, my interviewer thanked me for coming, and promised to keep in contact with me via phone. They were extremely prompt, and I felt as though I was an active participant throughout the entire process. Very few recruiting firms have ever made me feel as though they really cared, but Update Legal and its employees truly did. As someone who had just graduated from law school, Update Legal's unassuming, service-oriented attitude about my application really made me feel less anxious about the whole process. While most interviews are borderline nerve-wracking, the entire process with Update Legal was nothing short of extremely pleasant.

Interview Question – The interview questions could not be classified as either difficult or unexpected. The interview questions were pretty standard. One of the questions the interviewer asked was: Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received another offer for a document review position from another firm that was willing to pay a little bit more.

Document Review Interview

Document Review
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Update Legal in July 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was very quick. Went over resume with recruiter. Asked about availabiliy.

Interview Questions

Worked for Update Legal? Contribute to the Community!