Uppsala University

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Uppsala University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Uppsala University in May 2012.

I was interviewed by my potential supervisors through Skype and it was a very pleasant experience. I was hired in 6 months time after my application. So, it is takes some time and you should allow yourself to have ample time before you can be hired.

Interview Questions
    • That I had to have at least one face to face meeting before they can hire me.   View Answer
    I just asked about salary and how it works.

PhD Student Interview

One needs an interview with the professor and if he/she agrees to hire you and it is done.

Interview Questions
    • If it goes to technical details and one sometimes can't answer   Answer Question

Professor Interview

Very transparent review and selection process, candiate list is distributed to all applicants, 2 reviewers whose name are known to all applicants, reviews and rankings are sent to all applicants. The process is very transparent and seems to be quite fair. The external reviews have a lot of weights. Candiates are invited based on the reviews.

Diploma Research/Master Thesis Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Uppsala University in February 2012.

I wrote an email to a Professor of Department of Engineering Sciences about my interest to work under his group. After few weeks he repailded and invite me for an interview.

Master Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uppsala, Uppsala (Sweden)

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Uppsala University in May 2010.

Centralized process done by Swedish association of universities (higher education)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uppsala, Uppsala (Sweden)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Uppsala University in April 2009.

Interview was a group interview with a presentation and technical questions.