Upstream Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

3.2

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Upstream.

Interview

Two weeks after applying online I was contacted by HR, we had a phone interview and almost the first question was whether I would relocate, which I found quite awkward at this stage.

After this interview I was contacted through Skype messages to complete two different tests, that took something like another two weeks. Is this a new thing? Setting up such formal process through Skype messages?

After completing those two tests, I was contacted again via Skype messages to schedule an interview with other person. When asking for confirmation the day before the interview I was told that the person in question was busy and will have to reschedule. When following up on the suitable date I never got an answer back, and I tried formally (by email) and informally (through Skype).

Not really impressed by their human resources politics.

Interview Questions

• Media test, with different campaign ROI to be calculated.   Answer Question

Finance Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Upstream (Athens (Greece)) in February 2015.

Interview

Brief, fast effective. Met a number of people, on time, scheduled no delays. Two very well thought out tests. One excel and one math test. Excel was more job focused, math was general.

Interview Questions

• Job-related behaviors, each interviewer asked approx the same questions which were predetermined (e.g., knowledge, skills and abilities) - prompting/follow-up questions a lot
      Detailed notes are taken

Answer Question

Human Resources Analytics & Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Upstream (Athens (Greece)) in February 2015.

Interview

Overall a very good process. It included interviews with HR and hiring manager to verify that the interviewee possesses the technical skills and knowledge for the specific position, as well as with managers from other departments to verify that the interviewee fits into the culture and the climate of the company. It also included written tests, English, numerical and excel to verify interviewee's level of knowledge. Resourcing dept. was quick, precise and to the point throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Questions were relevant to the position I applied for and to the point. I did not find any question difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Upstream (Athens (Greece)) in November 2011.

Interview

Had a series of meetings with senior executives, up to and including the Group CEO. Started from a consultant, then HR, then the Group CFO and then the CEO. Not all meeting were face to face, as senior executives are traveling.

All in all met with them 5 times and spoke on the phone (at lentgh) on another 2 occasions. Generaly well managed process, even though there were a couple of last minute changes, with the company apologising. No hard feelings.

Very bright group of people, know their stuff and have a very clear communication style. Not the most interested to sell the company to a potential employee, but very determined to not screw the process up. Detail oriented, would not leave anything unquestioned, from why I chose a specific business school, to testing my English, even though I lived in Anglosaxon countries for close to a decade. Did not mind that.

Interview Questions

• Many situational oriented questions. Like, we need to grow our workforce by 50% in x months. What do you do? How do you do it? They want well thought out answers, but give you ample time to think.

At no point did it feel like an interview, rather like a meeting of two parties interested to know each other better.

Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Upstream in July 2011.

Interview

They took me through months of interviewing talking to over 9 people and some of these people multiple times wasting a lot of time on the phone and in person. I even had to take half week off for an onsite interview flying to Europe.

Eventually, the offered me the position but managed to keep dragging on the process and lying quite frequently along the process. What a waste of time and energy

Very unprofessional and unethical company.

Interview Questions

Too many warning signs and lack of integrity from management. Void this company