Uptown Consulting

Updated Oct 27, 2014

3.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Uptown Consulting.

The first interview is a brief meeting, which is more like a meeting for general information exchanging. Lasted about 15 minutes. A hard copy of resume is required. It is said everyone will be put at the same level to start and will get comprehensive training. I got the call for the second training a few hours later after the first interview and was told that the second one will be an 8 hour interview which will have several candidates working together in the real field. I haven't attended the second yet, but hope I can get the chance to work with them.

Interview Questions
  • This is my first interview, so I don't have an idea bout the difficulty level or if there is any unexpected question.   Answer Question
Didn't negotiate, because I need a job.

Other Interview Reviews for Uptown Consulting

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Uptown Consulting.

Company had a relatively nice office, the woman at the front desk was great to chat with, and interview conversation was good as well. Interviewer clearly explained that the position was a lot of work, which I welcome, but the second interview is what discouraged me as well. There's something disconcerting about an 8 hour "interview" - seems more like unpaid training. I thought the initial interview was handled very professionally but nothing else about the company comes off as professional. The website is a joke, it's impossible to get a good idea of what the company does. They say they have offices all over the world, yet their logo and website is all simply based around Charlotte. Overall, everything post the initial interview kept me from making Uptown Consulting a career option.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions: strengths & weaknesses, free-time, motivators, etc.   Answer Question

I want to work for a company that I believe in and doesn't seem like a scheme from the second interview on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Uptown Consulting in March 2013.

Three rounds all happen quickly and have their unique challenges. Round one is communication and presentation test, it's all about how you represent yourself. Round two is work ethic and information retention. Expect to get lots of odd questions, challenges and problems in the second round. Round three is all about retention of information. There will a series of questions about the information that you gather at the beginning of round 2 so PAY ATTENTION.

Interview Questions
    • How I would figure out the population of Canada without the use of the internet.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Uptown Consulting in January 2013.

I was given all the information I needed to know in order to be prepared. I also was greatly informed about the position and after interviewing I was extremely excited and hopeful to get the position. They were very structured, on time, professional, and extremely friendly! While the president of the company was talking to you, I truly felt like he was listening and engaged in the conversation.

Interview Questions
    They work with you on all levels.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Uptown Consulting in November 2012.

Very extensive. Round one is all about communication skills and ability to build rapport. Round two is a test of train ability, so bring a notebook (they allow you to reference the notes during the quiz). The final round is about confidence and knowledge, so if you pay attention and know you can excel, make the manager believe it!

Interview Questions
    • Was at the end of the second round. The woman asked me to analyze all the little skills that are developed inside of the customer consultation experience.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Uptown Consulting.

I did two interviews with Uptown Consulting. The first one was very brief only about 20 minutes with the Manager basic first interview questions. The second round interview was fun hands on and I got to really see what the position was. I was called back a few days later and excepted the position.

Interview Questions
    • The all day interview was unlike anything else I have ever interviewed for and I was asked a lot of different questions. No overly difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Uptown Consulting in February 2011.

The interview process is extensive for a good reason. They need top notch talent. In the first round it's about professionalism and communication skills. From there a more thorough second interview gives the candidate a chance to see what is expected in a typical day.

Interview Questions
    • How I'd spend 1,000,000 if I couldn't invest it in companies or retirement, give it to charity or save in any way.   View Answer