Urban Behavior

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed at Urban Behavior in September 2010.

Interview Details – My roommate at the time worked there and got me the interview. In-person interview with an assistant manager. Very short interview and typical interview questions for retail. No call back so I went back and spoke with the General Manager of the store and was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – "Can you sell?"   View Answer

Windsor, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Urban Behavior in September 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for a seasonal position. Manager called me three days after I submitted my resume, and called me in for a 1:1 interview, which took about 15 minutes. It was simple, straight-forward questions such as "Why do you want to work here?" , "What specifically can you bring to our company?" , "Tell me about your previous responsibilities and what roles you played in our previous retail job" , etc. I found the interview was also pretty easy because the manager seemed pretty chill and laid back. At the end, she asked me for my availability, and gave me a role-play situation as if she were a customer looking for a specific outfit, and I was the sales associate. I put together 3 outfits that were based on her original specifications, and after she looked at them, she asked me why I chose those specifically, and I told her that those clothes would suit her body shape and complexion better. She seemed impressed by my knowledge on that matter. A few days later she gave me a call back and offered me the job! After the seasonal time ended, she offered me a permanent position because she was really impressed with my work and customer interaction skills!

Interview Question – Pretending that I'm just another customer here, I want you to pick out three outfits that you think I would like. I want one business casual, one for a cocktail party, and one of your own choice.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at Urban Behavior in October 2011.

Interview Details – the way i came in contact with urban behavior was through a friend that reffered me. at first when you get there, you get a sense that every one is doing nothing at all and they seemed almost unprofessional (thats how retail is i guess). as soon i got there though to do the interview, it ended almost right away, it was like 1 minute. it leaves you worried but in the end i got the job.

Interview Questions

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Urban Behavior in May 2011.

Interview Details – Everything was very easy, the manager called me about 3 days after I applied and offered me an interview date. He was a bit insistent on the date even though it wasn't very convenient for me. The interview was a simple one on one interview held during the week. I went in and asked for the manager, after introducing myself and everything, we went for the interview. The interview itself was very casual, questions were thrown back and forth and he said he would call me a few days later. I did find that I had to call him myself since he was bad at making calls, this put me on edge because it did not seem very professional to me.

Interview Question – Name five good things and five bad things about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations involved, but this was probably due to my lack of experience overall.

Very Easy Interview

Key Holder Interview

Key Holder
Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Urban Behavior in February 2010.

Interview Details – Initially applied for their posting for an assistant manager. When i visited the store i was told they the assistant wasn't leaving but they had a part time key holder position open. Okay i thought i need a job.Met with store manager for an in mall interview for part time position. She wanted to bring me in on the following Wednesday. Initially said there was no need to call my references and to tell her staff because she didn't want to shake things up too much??? what? After she talked with her DM
She requested my references and said the job was now for only 9 hours a week. Also, the DM wanted me to complete an online test. I was told they would call back after i did the test to confirm my status. The next day i called and was told they couldn't hire me because i failed the online test. End of story?

Interview Questions

• Companys set policies and standards knowing their employess are not going to follow them?   Answer Question
  • If you were caught shoplifting would you tell on your friends who helped you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Well, i said it was okay that they couldn't bring me on board. The entire situation was bad.

Worked for Urban Behavior? Contribute to the Community!