Urban Outfitters
www.urbanoutfitters.com Philadelphia, PA 5000+ Employees

Urban Outfitters Anthropologie Merchant Leadership Program Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Anthropologie Merchant Leadership Program Interview

Anthropologie Merchant Leadership Program

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview Details – The process from beginning to end included: Online Application, Phone interview, Video interview, then interview at the headquarters.

Basic questions about the applicant (what are your strengths/ weaknesses ect.) were rarely asked, it was more about your knowledge of Anthro, having an outgoing personality, and not being intimated by people high up in the company. The final 2 day interview included a math test (formulas given), two 30 minute interviews by buyers, and a mock buying presentation in front of a group of buyers.

Interview Question – Who are anthro's competitors? Why didn't you fight for your top choice (mock buying related)?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Anthropologie Merchant Leadership Program Interview

Anthropologie Merchant Leadership Program

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview Details – The worst interview process ever. Very confusing. I applied through my school's recruiting program, and was told to also apply online through their system. I could not find the page they linked us - turned out that the position was closed to outside applicants, and they had to reopen a page for us to do the process.
During the interview, there was an HR representative as well as an assistant merchant present. Although the HR representative was very friendly, the assistant merchant (who has the position I'm applying) was very hostile. She frequently glared at me as if superficially judging me. I kept on wondering whether I had something on my face or if my outfit was not perfect. When she asked me questions, she did not look like she was listening to my answer.
Overall, the worst interview I have ever had. And I have had many interviews.

Interview Question – What is your favorite fashion blog?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Urban Outfitters

Worked for Urban Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Urban Outfitters Anthropologie Merchant Leadership Program interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Urban Outfitters employees and interview candidates.