Urban Outfitters

Urban Outfitters Interview Questions in Boston, MA

2.0

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Worst interview process I've ever been through.

I applied online and received an invitation to a group interview the next week. As I was unable to attend the interview, I asked if I could attend the next scheduled interview. They said that was fine and they would contact me. Two weeks passed without contact. I called. They said they had one scheduled for the next week but they weren't sure what time yet. The week passed. I went in and spoke with the manager. He said he would have the hiring manager call me that day. No call. So I called the next week and spoke to the manager again. He said he would have the hiring manager call...again. But of course, I never received a call. So I let it go.

Horribly unprofessional. If they weren't interested in hiring me, I would have preferred to be told up front rather than ignored for weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in November 2013.

I happened to be shopping on Newbury Street when I saw an ad on the window stating that they were hiring. I believe they had open calls but I applied online instead. A couple hours later I filled out a questionnaire that on average takes 20 minutes but I finished in under 10. The next day or maybe 2 days after that, I got a call from one of the managers to come in for a group interview. Three days after the interview I was called and hired for the job!

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. The manager was very conversational.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate as I don't have retail experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in April 2013.

I interviewed in the spring for a sales associate position at a large store in an area of Boston that saw a lot of tourist traffic in the warmer months. I applied to all all four Boston/Cambridge stores, but this was the only store to get back to me. I applied online, via the URBN website, got an email for the initial group interview with the operations manager, and got a callback for a second interview with the store's general manager.

Interview Questions
    • I knew they needed employees and I had previously checked out other Glassdoor interview reviews. I knew that I needed to know about good and bad customer service experiences, and I needed to have a solid answer to "Why Urban Outfitters?" Many other interviewees dressed the part, but it was those who answered quickly, confidently, and succinctly who ended up working at the stores.   View Answer
    I was offered $8.50/hour and I accepted.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in April 2009.

I submitted my resume and was contacted to set up an interview. When I walked in, they asked me to fill out an application and a statement of my availability. When I finished, the manager sat me down and started the interview. Everyone was dressed casually and in the style of Free People clothes. It was important for me to convey the authenticity and to get their target customer.