Urban Outfitters Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

1.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Augusta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Basically like a conversation very relaxed Scott was very down to earth very comfortable so wear what you like hopefully it will be a great job manager discussed pay benefits and how everything works for new hires

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company. When would you be ready to start   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Augusta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed for a seasonal csr position with the possibility of going full time if chosen by management once the holiday and returns season was over, which was to be mid January. I was chosen to stay with the company at the end of the two month seasonal time period and was offered a full time csr position with the company, but due to my s.o. relocation for a new job, I had to turn down the permanent position. The interview process is a little different, not as in depth as most. The interview was a very casual, come as you are interview where you can feel each other out to make sure the job is going to be a good fit for you.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Augusta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online after a friend sent me the link to the application website. They contacted me 2-3 weeks later and informed me that my interview would be on the 1st of October. I arrived as early as possible and had a short wait for my interview. Joannah interviewed me and informed me that 2 things are important at the URBN call center: 1) arrive on time/ show up and 2) be NICE to our customers. That's it. It doesn't matter what you look like or how you choose to set up your work space. She then asked me why I liked the company and if I knew anything about Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People, Without Walls, BHLDN, and Terrain. I informed her of what I knew (DO YOUR RESEARCH, PEOPLE-- it makes you stand out at any interview). We then discussed my work history and education. I recently completed my bachelors degree and my brief stint as a customer service rep helped me stand out. Honestly, though, even if you didn't have relevant education/work experience, as long as you have a positive attitude (smiling and dressing as nice as you can for a casual interview) and knew something about the company you were more than likely to be hired. At the end of the interview, I was told that I would start training on the 20th and that my seasonal pay would be $9 an hour [with .50 cents for every hour in case I am not hired full time in mid-January]. I was then told I should receive an e-mail with final details to fill out. I did not receive that e-mail 3 days later, so I wrote Scott (the other employee in charge of hiring) and he sent me the link. I then started training on the 20th. (Note: The only down side of training was that they did not tell us how to handle "creeper calls." They are thorough with training-- lasting 7 days-- but because they did not tell us that we could transfer those calls, I was stuck on the phone with someone who made me feel uncomfortable for THREE hours and missed my first break and part of my lunch. [We are told NEVER to hang up on anyone, so that's why I did not hang up.I did not want to be fired.] The Quality Assurance representative, Casey, watched me take this call and waited a good while until saying, "You do realize he's getting off to the sound of your voice, right?" Her comment made me feel naive and stupid because I didn't realize that's what the customer was doing and the way she said it was rude and with a know-it-all attitude. I am still waiting on my apology from the company for that incident. Other than that, so far, so good at my new job.)

Interview Questions

• N/A -- I knew about the company and I was happy to discuss my background in school & work   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Augusta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

I have a friend who works in the call center and put in a good word for me with the hiring manager. She sent me a link to fill out an online application and a few days later I received an email with a date to come in for an interview. The actual job fair interview process was a little different than what I am used to. They told us to come any time between 9 and 12, but on a first come first served basis. I showed up a few minutes before 9 and there were about five other people waiting. They called us back one by one and interviewed us for about ten minutes. I received an email about a week later notifying me of my hire and further instructions (reading employee policies, filling out W-4, etc.). I can't wait to start!

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself." Why this was a difficult question: It's the icebreaker question at every interview. I have been in countless job interviews and this one still manages to throw me for a loop.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Augusta, GA).

Interview

I applied online. They were impressed with my resume and contacted me via email for a mass interview day. The day of the interview, when my name was called I had an one on one interview with one of the managers. She was very nice, bubbly and laid back. She asked a little info about me and gave a brief description on what kind of work I would be doing. Then she asked if I was still interested and told me when to come back to start training.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Very straight forward. Come and answer basic questions regarding work history, hobbies etc... It will be a very laid back interview where it's more like a conversation between friends.

Interview Questions

• There's not really a "difficult" question. All are very basic. You will be answering phones and speaking with customers who want to place an order or complain about how the shipping department messed up their order.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation available. If you don't want the job they will find another person to fill the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Trenton, SC).

Interview

The interview process was really easy. The interviewing manager was kinda hippie-ish, it wasn't your normal interview process. We just talked about random things and he asked me a few questions about my work history then explained the job and hired me on the spot. The interview was just two people chilling and talking about random stuff. It was sorta like hanging out with a new friend getting to know each other. Just be relax because it's a super relaxed experience. Training was simple enough. It's only 1 week however and your last two days you'll be on the phone for a couple of ours. The first day on the phone we shared calls with a seniored associate and it was simple, no pressure, easy, and quick. The last day we took calls for about 3 hours with about 3 floor walkers. That was a little bit more hectic because there wasn't 1 person for each trainee so you had to adlib with the customers and do your own research while you waited for help. The training area was so much cleaner than your actual seats. Before you take calls you take a test if you pass they show you your new seats (which mine was dirty, chair was missing, and programs weren't working) if you fail the test they walk you out the front door. Don't worry the test is super easy and open book. Unfortunately on the last day they give you your schedule without consulting what days you need off and they will be the worst schedules available. Be sure to tell your interviewer if you need specific days off. Don't expect to work mornings or keep a regular schedule. Also, no drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. He just told me about the job, what they pay was, offered it to me and I took it. $9.50/hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Augusta, GA) in August 2012.

Interview

I first applied online, and was contacted via email for an interview. I arrived at the call center, and realized it was a mass interview day, as there were several other people there for an interview as well. I was given an application to fill out again, and was called back to speak with Scott the HR manager. He was very friendly and laid-back, even though I was pretty nervous. It went great, and the environment from what I could see was a place I knew I would love to be.

Interview Questions

• I cannot remember a difficult question, as I prepped myself before hand in answering interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. In call centers, you usually train with a normal schedule and then you are given a schedule not per your request. At Urban your schedule is determined by your statistics with call time, resolution, etc. So, if you do your job exceptionally well, HOPEFULLY pray, wish, whatever that you get the schedule you need or want.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Trenton, SC) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied online, Was called in for an interview quickly as I have Call Center experience. Sat in director's office and basically shot the sh*t, He is an awesome guy. Asked the standard where do you see yourself in such and such years, why do you want to work here etc. We discussed his background as well as mine and I was offered the job right then and there

Interview Questions

• During employment I applied for a different position and was asked to provide step by step directions on how to make a ham and cheese sandwich, This job is creative and loves thinking outside of the box.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in January 2008.

Interview

Typical one on one interview. Questions were asked about my previous work experience and references were also requested. At the end of the interview I was asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you provided good customer service.   Answer Question