Urban Outfitters Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2014

1.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in August 2014.

I have a friend who works in the call center and put in a good word for me with the hiring manager. She sent me a link to fill out an online application and a few days later I received an email with a date to come in for an interview.
The actual job fair interview process was a little different than what I am used to. They told us to come any time between 9 and 12, but on a first come first served basis. I showed up a few minutes before 9 and there were about five other people waiting. They called us back one by one and interviewed us for about ten minutes.
I received an email about a week later notifying me of my hire and further instructions (reading employee policies, filling out W-4, etc.). I can't wait to start!

Interview Questions
  • "Tell me about yourself."
    Why this was a difficult question: It's the icebreaker question at every interview. I have been in countless job interviews and this one still manages to throw me for a loop.
      View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I applied online. They were impressed with my resume and contacted me via email for a mass interview day. The day of the interview, when my name was called I had an one on one interview with one of the managers. She was very nice, bubbly and laid back. She asked a little info about me and gave a brief description on what kind of work I would be doing. Then she asked if I was still interested and told me when to come back to start training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in August 2012.

I first applied online, and was contacted via email for an interview. I arrived at the call center, and realized it was a mass interview day, as there were several other people there for an interview as well. I was given an application to fill out again, and was called back to speak with Scott the HR manager. He was very friendly and laid-back, even though I was pretty nervous. It went great, and the environment from what I could see was a place I knew I would love to be.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot remember a difficult question, as I prepped myself before hand in answering interview questions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. In call centers, you usually train with a normal schedule and then you are given a schedule not per your request. At Urban your schedule is determined by your statistics with call time, resolution, etc. So, if you do your job exceptionally well, HOPEFULLY pray, wish, whatever that you get the schedule you need or want.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Very straight forward. Come and answer basic questions regarding work history, hobbies etc... It will be a very laid back interview where it's more like a conversation between friends.

Interview Questions
    • There's not really a "difficult" question. All are very basic. You will be answering phones and speaking with customers who want to place an order or complain about how the shipping department messed up their order.   Answer Question
    No negotiation available. If you don't want the job they will find another person to fill the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Trenton, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, SC

I applied online - interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

The interview process was really easy. The interviewing manager was kinda hippie-ish, it wasn't your normal interview process. We just talked about random things and he asked me a few questions about my work history then explained the job and hired me on the spot. The interview was just two people chilling and talking about random stuff. It was sorta like hanging out with a new friend getting to know each other. Just be relax because it's a super relaxed experience. Training was simple enough. It's only 1 week however and your last two days you'll be on the phone for a couple of ours. The first day on the phone we shared calls with a seniored associate and it was simple, no pressure, easy, and quick. The last day we took calls for about 3 hours with about 3 floor walkers. That was a little bit more hectic because there wasn't 1 person for each trainee so you had to adlib with the customers and do your own research while you waited for help. The training area was so much cleaner than your actual seats. Before you take calls you take a test if you pass they show you your new seats (which mine was dirty, chair was missing, and programs weren't working) if you fail the test they walk you out the front door. Don't worry the test is super easy and open book. Unfortunately on the last day they give you your schedule without consulting what days you need off and they will be the worst schedules available. Be sure to tell your interviewer if you need specific days off. Don't expect to work mornings or keep a regular schedule. Also, no drug test.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate. He just told me about the job, what they pay was, offered it to me and I took it. $9.50/hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Trenton, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, SC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in August 2011.

Applied online, Was called in for an interview quickly as I have Call Center experience. Sat in director's office and basically shot the sh*t, He is an awesome guy. Asked the standard where do you see yourself in such and such years, why do you want to work here etc. We discussed his background as well as mine and I was offered the job right then and there

Interview Questions
    • During employment I applied for a different position and was asked to provide step by step directions on how to make a ham and cheese sandwich, This job is creative and loves thinking outside of the box.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in January 2008.

Typical one on one interview. Questions were asked about my previous work experience and references were also requested. At the end of the interview I was asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you provided good customer service.   Answer Question

Worked for Urban Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!