Urban Outfitters

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Knoxville, TN

I applied online and interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview Details – Very short interview process with two different people. Basic questions regarding your experience in retail.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were pretty basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and talked to a recruiter via email about a job fair for the new louisville store opening in July 2012. First applied in March, then had the group interview in late April. They really stressed they you should wear what you would wear if you worked for UO. This was to get a feel for your fashion sense and all around personality. I talked 1 on 1 with several different UO recruiters about my management style, confrontations with employees and customers and how i would act in the situations, my skills and goals, etc. I felt like all they cared about during the interview was my personal style sense and retail experience. I have 1 year retail management and 7 years customer service experience, but they didn't offer me any position whatsoever and not even an explanation as to why i didn't meet their expectations. They also led me on for many months with the possibility of a position, and finally just sent me an automated email saying i don't have a position.

Interview Questions

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2007.

Interview Details – Attended a group interview, then an interview with two store managers, followed by a 1 on 1 interview with a district manager.

Interview Question – you have asked an employee three times to complete a project, and they are still being distracted and have not completed it in a timely manner. how do you deal with this situation?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in May 2009.

Interview Details – i applied online. got call back within a week. she already knew i had retail experience, so she scheduled an interview. sat down 1:1 and just boasting about my experience. i used to work for hollister so we had similar systems. she asked what i learned from the company. what my role was.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – the commute was 60 miles away and i finally decided not to do retail anymore.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Urban Outfitters

Worked for Urban Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Urban Outfitters Department Manager interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Urban Outfitters employees and interview candidates.