Urban Outfitters Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Orlando, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

first you have to apply online, then fill out an ethics questionnaire. Then you will have to do a video interview. 4 questions. Then a one-on-one or group interview. I got one-on-one. He asked about my past work and school experiences, what I like about urban outfitters, if I've had retails experience (I haven't) and what I like to do in my free time. I got hired on the spot basically. He was really chill, not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave great customer service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

idk

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Group interview then brought in for a one on one to scope you out but you most likely got the job by then. Invitation on the same day through the phone to come in for a paid training day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Irvine, CA).

Interview

It was very casual, but be prepared for professional questions. I expected fun and creative questions, but I did not get any like that. I think they look for people that look like models (facially and skinniness) so if you look like the models on their website then you'd be a shoe-in no matter your work experience.

Interview Questions

• Name an experience where you gave or received great customer service?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online. I was sent a request for a video interview. After passing that, I did an in-store interview with the store manager and another department manager. My final interview was on the phone with the area manager. Overall, the process was friendly, professional and very positive. The questions were always relevant and probing. I found the process to be very simple and straight forward. I ended up declining the offer, but if it were a higher offer I would've gladly taken it.

Interview Questions

• Draw a picture that represents who you are.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Assistant manager came in and interviewed a group of us - asked us questions about our experience with customer service and why we wanted to work at urban outfitters. very friendly. we were also asked what our favorite trends at urban outfitters were. a few days later, the manager called to start the following week.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

took a very long time, i met with 5 different managers over the span of 4 months and 5 different locations. First i applied online then got an email back with an online survey, you must do this and pass before you can continue onto the interview process

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in August 2015.

Interview

After the initial video interview there was a group interview with 3 other girls, we ended up just hanging out in the store waiting to it to begin for 20 minutes and the interview itself took about 30 to 45 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online from the Urban website. I received a video interview request a day later, and completed in two days. About an hour after my video interview I was asked to take an ethics survey. Four days later I was contacted by the store manager asking for a interview. I went in and it was 1-on-1, super casual and welcoming. The video interview were just questions wanting to know more about you, and the in person interview was a bit more about the job and Urban brands. I was hired at the end of my interview and asked about my availability. Super positive experience and quick, easy process.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I received an email asking me to come in for a group interview. I went in for the group interview, which took about 30 minutes, and the next day I got a phone call offering me the position. The interview was pretty easy and very chill. The key is to be yourself and not try to fit the mold that you think they want because at the end of the day what they want is someone authentic and enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply and where do you draw your style inspiration from?   Answer Question
    • What type of customer service store experience do you prefer? Do you have an example of a really great store experience you've had?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in August 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application 8/13 and they sent me a survey 8/15. On 8/17 I was invited to a group interview on 8/20. The interview was only me and some other guy. I thought it would be relaxed and we would both have a chance to talk but the guy was being super competitive, even interrupting me but the hiring manager seemed to like that. My advice is talk as much as you can. After the interview he had us both fill out a paper that asked for our availability hours and for a signature then said "Thank you for coming out guys" and we thanked him back... Haven't heard from them since so I don't know if I got the job or not. Is filling out the schedule paper a good sign???

Interview Questions

• what's a time you broke the rules to be more efficient?   Answer Question
    • If you had a $100 UO gift card what would you spend it on?   Answer Question