Urban Outfitters

Updated Jan 18, 2015
Updated Jan 18, 2015

2.2

Seasonal Employee 2013 Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I applied online and when they finally emailed me about a month or two later I had already got another job so I didn't set up an interview, but they kept emailing me so finally I just decided to go for it and set up an interview. It was one of the most relaxed interviews I've ever had. She mostly just asked me about what trends I liked, what bloggers I follow, and my knowledge of Urban Brands. It was suppose to be a group interview, but whoever emailed me gave me the wrong time so I was there an hour before everyone else so I had a solo interview. She also told me what kind of stuff I would be doing and then I was offered the job a week later I believe, but I had booked a plane ticket home for thanksgiving thinking i didn't receive the job and they needed me to work black friday so I had to turn it down.

Na Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

at first i had about a 2-3 week wait until i heard anything and then i got a request to do a survey that took about 20 minutes. after that I got an email asking me to do a video interview. and that is where I am in the interview process.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

It was a group interview, with about 20 applicants. One thing I remembered was that someone asked about the employee discount. I think this caused her not to get hired. Don't ask before you're hired!

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember....but in a group interview - participate! be positive! It worked for me   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I first applied online and then waited a few weeks. Then I got an email to fill out an ethics test online. Another week or so passed and I got an email to come to the store for a group interview. The interview went well, but they said nothing after. A week later they emailed me to come in for another group interview. This interview also went well, but they said nothing as we left. Another week later I finally got a call back with a job offer. They told me my pay and I accepted. It was ridiculously drawn out for such a simple position.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I had two interviews. The first one was a group interview but two people did not show up, so it was me and one other individual. The manager interviewed us first and then I got a call two weeks later for an interview with the store manager. Then got hired the week after.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any surprise questions - very straightforward   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I filled out an application and a week later was asked to take a survey. Two weeks later I was invited to a group interview. There were only 3 other people in my group. The interview was laid back and extremely quick. It took less than 10 minutes which was kind of odd. We were asked simple questions like : "why should we hire you?" ,"availability?", "what do you like about Urban Outfitters?" and "What do you know about customer service?" . It was simple but didnt feel like a proper interview.It was very rushed. Overall it was easy and would recommend applying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I first filled out a very detailed application online before being emailed about a group interview. Questions were very simple - we answered in a round robin fashion, with the interviewer even answering the questions herself. Be personable, charming and dress as if you shop at UO if you want a chance at being hired. They hardly care about past retail experience so long as you can answer questions about LP. I was emailed a test to take online before being called about a second interview with the store manager. My second interview was very laid back and took less than 10 minutes. He asked what I do in my spare time to see if I was a good fit; nothing about experience really. Got a call about a week later. Entire process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What is loss prevention? What is your spirit animal? Time you gave great customer service? Best and worst customer experience you've had? Why you want to work at UO? Where you get your fashion inspiration from?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Too much done online. Went through multiple questionnaires and video interview processes before being deemed eligible for a formal interview with the Store Manager. Once I got that interview, it was unprofessional (done in the store with customers walking around us and being distracting). The manager made it clear that there was a "promote from within" agenda with the company and that I could work as an associate to 'show good faith' sort of thing. I could tell that the position would be dangled so that they could get someone to work the floor during the busy holiday hours.

Interview Questions
    • Hypothetical of what I would do to motivate employees who weren't performing quickly enough.   View Answer

Sales Associate (Seasonal) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I applied online and got a job interview via my email in 3 days. I think the process was so fast because it's seasonal right now. It was a group interview, there were 3 other people and me. Everyone in the group was very intimidating but I was feeling very confident of myself and how I was answering the questions. Sadly I didn't get the job though.. Probably because I didn't have no experience unlike the others in the group.

Interview Questions
    • A time you gave good customer service?
      A fashion you like that you see on the street right now?

Answer Question

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Applied online, in about two weeks got a call for an interview, this was a group and it clearly made the outgoing stick out. They ask mainly about who you are and situation questions. Very easy and fun!