Urban Outfitters Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014
Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.2

Buying Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Multiple steps - phone interview, visual project, skype interview, emails (month long process)

Interview Questions
    • Who is the Anthro/Urban/FP customer? Each is a very different customer   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

There were a total number of two interviews. It was pretty thorough. Nothing too difficult. They put you through a couple of scenarios and you have describe the best way to get out of them.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Really easy and fast. I applied, was interviewed and offered a position within one month. Questions were as expected. Typical behavioral questions and a few technical specific to the role.

Display Artist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Filled out a relatively indepth online application. Asked for work/education history, relevant portfolio pieces, and a ton of short essay type questions. Those questions ran the gamut from where you find cultural/art news, experiences with Urban stores, and your "ideal day".

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out of the ordinary, but some of the questions seemed to be extremely strange to answer without knowing who it was that would be reading it.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

The interview process is very similar to other companies. Basically an introduction of yourself, then behavioral questions, and some technical questions. The interviewer was very nice and generous about the answers I gave them. I would say just be more confident and practice most of the general questions before going in the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

There were two interviews. One was a group interview, the second was one on one with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult ones, all pretty standard retail questions.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate, never heard of anyone who has.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview process was simple two interviews, first was a group interview with about 8-12 people most then if you make the next step there is a online survey that you lie about no matter what they just want to hear what sounds good. After that if you pass the survey you get an email saying to come in for a 1-on-1 interview. They ask you the same questions again and if you did good they will talk to you about your pay if not they will probably tell you that they will call you.

Interview Questions
    • Questions where easy. Name a time you experienced good customer service, What are the fashion trends, if they was a celebrity you can have lunch with that is dead or alive who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Submitted my application at the physical store. The interview and application consist of asking your style and your experience with difficult customer service situations. Be opinionated about your style choices and prove you have your own individual taste. As for customer service stories, just make sure you tell a story of how you satisfied an unruly customer.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in person then was called in for an interview with the manager.

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult or unexpected. basic retail questions   Answer Question
    no negotiations just set up a schedule

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

The process was a walk in interview and then there was an online survey followed by a 2 nd interview. All were very in depth and covered all of the basis with not alot of empasis on fashion but more on the work atmosphere and personality

Interview Questions

Worked for Urban Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!