Urban Outfitters

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.2

Season Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I went to a job fair at a store location. The store managers asked me a few questions about what was going on in my life in terms of work and school. It was very fast and casual. A couple days later I got call asking me to attend a group which was very casual. Just a few questions about customer service and the rest of the time we talked about our favorite bands. We were then given a sheet with a web address to a online survey we were required to take.

Nothing to negotiate

Sales Assistant Interview

The interview process is very similar to other companies. Basically an introduction of yourself, then behavioral questions, and some technical questions. The interviewer was very nice and generous about the answers I gave them. I would say just be more confident and practice most of the general questions before going in the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

There were two interviews. One was a group interview, the second was one on one with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult ones, all pretty standard retail questions.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate, never heard of anyone who has.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

The process was a walk in interview and then there was an online survey followed by a 2 nd interview. All were very in depth and covered all of the basis with not alot of empasis on fashion but more on the work atmosphere and personality

Buying Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Multiple steps - phone interview, visual project, skype interview, emails (month long process)

Interview Questions
    • Who is the Anthro/Urban/FP customer? Each is a very different customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Very easy - just be yourself. They like people who are free spirited and funny, who will be entertaining to work with and who can entertain customers.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be any animal, what animal would you be and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in person then was called in for an interview with the manager.

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult or unexpected. basic retail questions   Answer Question
    no negotiations just set up a schedule

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview process was simple two interviews, first was a group interview with about 8-12 people most then if you make the next step there is a online survey that you lie about no matter what they just want to hear what sounds good. After that if you pass the survey you get an email saying to come in for a 1-on-1 interview. They ask you the same questions again and if you did good they will talk to you about your pay if not they will probably tell you that they will call you.

Interview Questions
    • Questions where easy. Name a time you experienced good customer service, What are the fashion trends, if they was a celebrity you can have lunch with that is dead or alive who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Submitted my application at the physical store. The interview and application consist of asking your style and your experience with difficult customer service situations. Be opinionated about your style choices and prove you have your own individual taste. As for customer service stories, just make sure you tell a story of how you satisfied an unruly customer.

Vendor Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Fairly painless. Met with an HR rep and then the department manager. Very relaxed- felt more like a conversation unlike other interviews. Fairly simple and obvious questions (ie. why URBN, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.)