Urban Outfitters Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in July 2015.

Interview

I found out they were hiring through the urbn careers website (which is the best place to look for job openings in my opinion- you can also follow the instagram @workatuo that helps a lot too). I made an online profile and submitted an application and was contacted immediately the next day to do a video interview. You do get to practice but my video was completely awkward and I rambled the entire time. I think they're pretty understanding about your nervousness in the video interviews so don't stress too much! After that, I waited for about 2 weeks (which seemed like forever) and they sent me a request to do the ethics survey. It just consisted of questions about your work ethic so use your common sense, no employer wants workers who will steal, come to work late, drunk, etc. The next day, I was scheduled for a group interview for the upcoming week. My group only had 2 people and it was pretty chill. They ask about what you do in your free time, your favorite UO brand, customer service, etc. Then I waited another week and they wanted to see me for a second interview, which I thought was going to be 1 on 1 but turned out to be another group. The manager asked about customer service again and loss prevention. Also, she took our availability and consent to background checks. Three days later, the manager called me and offered me the job and I took it! I love UO and I've wanted to work for them forever, but honestly, even though it wasn't very hard, this was the most time intensive and exhausting interview process I ever went through!

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

3 step interview process after the application. First was a video interview, then a questionnaire then a group interview. The final interview was a group interview and it wasn't an ideal setting. 5 to 6 people in a group basically talking over each other.Basically one person immediately connected with the person who was conducting the interview and it was difficult to wow her after that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Urban Outfitters?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (London, England (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied in person by handing in my CV in store. I was then invited for a group interview with 5 other people which was held in their staff room. It was very laid-back, simple questions about biggest achievement, dream job etc.

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Applied online and received a request to do the video interview online. The video interview was extremely awkward, but the questions seemed appropriate for the position and atmosphere of the company.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Group interview, super chill. There were a group of 10 we just went around answering basic questions. The managers at the end asked the people they like about availability and to go online.

The hours weren't flexible

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Washington, DC) in October 2012.

Interview

I first had a group interview where some general and quirky questions were asked. Seemed more like they were testing your ability to engage with them rather than your answers. After that I had a one on one interview with a manager which was relatively short and I was hired a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what album I would bring to a desert island.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online with my resume and a cover letter, and a few weeks later I was contacted via email by a recruiter. I went through one phone interview, as I was not based locally. They asked me a lot about my experience in the field and my knowledge of the brand (I was a sales associate for Anthro in college).

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

A number of interviews. First couple were with talent teams. Final rounds were with position team. Overdressed at first because office attire is casual. It was nice to meet so many people from the team I would be working with. It was very relaxed and comfortable. Visiting the offices was a treat.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't (but should have) try to negotiate terms.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It was a group interview. I went in with about 10 other people. Interviewed with assistant manager. Very laid back. Went over company history, stocks, benefits, merchandise, etc. They asked several questions and you basically discussed amongst each other your response. They also gave us a tour of the store and were open to any questions.

Interview Questions

• Favorite bands? Describe your style. What would you do in this situation?   Answer Question

Fashion Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Psychological test, Panel interview, chit chat session.First round of assessment lasted from morning to afternoon.Candidates were required to list out all kinds of grammatical errors in the given document. There were a series of psychometric tests and an essay assessment. There was also an information session where an officer will brief you on the details of the job. If you do have any questions regarding the nature of the job, its salary, overseas posting and the various responsibilities, this will be a good time to solve your queries.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for next 5 year   1 Answer