Urban Outfitters

371 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview Details – There were a total number of two interviews. It was pretty thorough. Nothing too difficult. They put you through a couple of scenarios and you have describe the best way to get out of them.

Interview Question – What's your biggest flaw?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2012.

Interview Details – Was a huge group interview that was unfortunately less about ability and more about who could come up with the most obscure bands and celebrities as answers to the interviewers' questions. Understandable if you realise that they have a particular brand and a particular lifestyle to promote. Overall a friendly, casual interview, but not the right fit for me.

Interview Question – If you could choose any two celebrities to be your parents, who would you choose and why? What music did you listen to on your drive to the interview?   Answer Question

Columbia, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online while the store was being constructed, so the process was a little different and the candidate pool was much larger. Received an email with options for times to meet for a group interview. Interview took maybe 30 mins at most, with around 5 other candidates in my group. I was interviewed by 2 different managers/a recruiter from different stores. They asked questions like "What kind of fashion styles do you think are trending?" "Where do you get inspirations for your fashion style?" "What type of music do you listen to?" Very conversational and relaxed. About 30 mins after the interview, I received an email stating that I was moving on into the next stage of hiring and was given a link to a personality/ethics quiz. A few days after that I was called by the Store Manager with an offer and accepted.

Interview Question – "What kind of fashion styles do you think are trending?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, negotiation for pay.

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in November 2013.

Interview Details – Group Interview had at least 4 people. It was actually pretty fun. They asked interesting questions as opposed to the usual "why do you want to work here?", "what's your favorite store?". Basically the usual questions that require you to.... donkey kiss the company. You have to show a friendly personality. The more you stand out, the better. Make sure you know some of the retail terms. They want to make sure you can work your way around the store and handle the retail environment. If you pass the group interview the next step is.... the survey. This is where I messed up. Make sure you are cautious about the way you handle the questions. They are not the ones administering it. Another company does and sends it to them so they know who to hire. I unfortunately did not pass that part. But if you do, you move on to a one on one where you definitely have to show you will be a friendly, social but diligent employee. Good luck.

Interview Question – I think the difficult question is always: "Why do you want to work here?". I feel like they're always looking for a different answer. Everyone gives the same answer about loving the store. You have to make the answer fun and creative while showing that you actually do like the company =)   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview Details – 1st round is group interviews and then an one on one interview with the store manager. In the first round they ask you a lot of personality questions as well as questions on current trends. They later get into more in-depth questions about your work experience. I

Interview Question – What is your spirit animal   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2014.

Interview Details – After I applied, a few days later got an email to take an ethics survey. A few days after completing got another email to do an online video interview with HireVue. Don't think the way they do the process is ethical as an online interview, which by the way is a recording of yourself instead of face to face, they don't get to know the real person. It's just lazy on their part.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Corte Madera, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very quick, applied and within 24 hours received an email from the Store Manager, set up group interview for the following day. After submitting a personality and morality quiz, I was offered a personal One on one interview, which then I got offered the position.

Interview Question – They asked what my greatest weakness was, have I ever had to catch shop lifters etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Interviewed at Urban Outfitters

Interview Details – An informal group interview was held where we were expected to answer in no particular order. The interviewer moved on after 2-4 people answered, those who did not get to answer didn't really receive a second chance unless they answered the next question and mentioned their answer to the previous.

Interview Question – What skills can you personally provide to Urban Outfitters?   Answer Question

Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an email a few days later asking to fill out an ethics survey. The survey was easy, just be mindful of the questions when answering. After submitting the survey, I received another email a couple days later inviting me to a group interview the following week. I attended the interview which included myself, another candidate and the Store Operations Manager. The interview was very casual and consisted of your basic interview questions: Introduce yourself and explain why you want to work at UO; Past job experience; What is loss prevention/how have you dealt with it in the past; Which department of the store would you prefer to work in. Overall, the interview was fairly easy.

Interview Question – Their biggest concern was making sure their employees knew what loss prevention was and how to handle it.   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview Details – Went to speak with the employees about hiring possibilities and filled out an application in the store. A few days later I received a call for an interview. It was a group interview and we were asked questions about how we would handle situations and why we wanted to work for UO. I was notified that I got the job a day later. It was an easy and pleasant process.

Interview Question – How would you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got another job opportunity that paid more.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Urban Outfitters