Urban Outfitters

2.2

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Applied online, in about two weeks got a call for an interview, this was a group and it clearly made the outgoing stick out. They ask mainly about who you are and situation questions. Very easy and fun!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Applied online through the website. Got a call & email from the store I was applying for. Brought in to fill out another application. Brought in to have a group interview with really easy and fun questions. Called back in again to do another interview with similar questions. Was hired by phone.

Temporary Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in November 2014.

UO posted on their facebook page that they were looking for Christmas temps and left an email adress in which you were to email your cv. After I did that they sent me an email asking me to fill out my availability, they said that was all ok and the next day I had an email inviting me to an interview 3 days later (Friday).
    Turned up to interview early and waiting with three other girls who were in my group. Team leader interviewed 5 of us and had more groups to interview that day and following Monday.
    Was very laid back, interview took place on shop floor on a couch and some stools while customers were browsing around the shop. Interviewer was very nice and made everyone feel comfortable even ran our interview over allocated time.

Asked questions like
    - Give examples of good and bad customer service and examples of when you were given good/bad customer service
    - Everyone has their own personality at UO, some are good bakers, artists. Give three qualities you could bring to the store that are unique to you.
    - Why you wanted to work for UO
    - If you were successful what would be your favourite department to work in and why.

We then asked interviewer why she enjoyed working there, her favourite department ect.
    Said she had more interviews later that day and more on Monday so we would hear back after Monday. I heard back later that day so knew straight away I was unsuccessful, I emailed and thanked them for their time and asked if I could get any feedback as to why I was not successful and still no email back. I was also confused as to why interviewer kept saying it was for a full time position (5 days out of 7) yet everyone there was either college student or school student so no one had that availability and they knew that because we all sent it in the email.

Interview Questions
    • Three qualities you can bring to the team that are unique to you.   Answer Question

Sales Associate (Seasonal) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in November 2014.

I went in for a open interview, applied online, completed a survey and then went in for a group interview. Got a call the next day tell me I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult, just like tell us something no one knows about you, who is your fashion inspiration, where have you worked before, if you had money to this store what would you buy?   Answer Question
    7.75

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in November 2014.

I went to two urban hiring fairs in one day which were entirely different from one another. The first one was super easy, very straight forward and that is the one which I got an offer from and accepted. It was one on one and took about 10 minutes. It was for a seasonal job so they mainly wanted to know if I could be available the weekend of Black Friday. Then they asked me if I had any retail experience (I didn't) and they asked which zone I would be comfortable working in (men's/women's etc.) and they asked one fun question: what superpower would you have. And they got back to me 5 days afterward with an offer.

The second one I went to was more stressful. It was a group interview with 3 other people and the questions were more in depth. This was a longer interview (30-40 min?) and the interviewer didn't seem like she was even paying attention to us.

But overall the experiences were pretty good. Just show your uniqueness and how much you love fashion and you should be fine.
    when we were talking.

Interview Questions
    • Would you ever let a friend talk you into buying them something using your employee discount?   View Answer
    • What would your superpower be?   Answer Question
    • Who or what are your style inspirations?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in November 2014.

I applied online and a week later I received an email to confirm to attend the interview. Interview was very easy and laid back, the managers only asked about 4 questions and it was a group interview of about 6 people. Before you confirm the interview they make you take a questionnaire survey.

Interview Questions
    • If I gave you a $100 Urban Outfitters gift, what would you buy with it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in November 2014.

Applied online through a pretty simple online application procedure. Received an email about a week later regarding availability for an interview. The initial interview procedure is done in groups of about 4-5 people by an employee. The atmosphere is relaxed as expected and its encouraged that you dress in a way that expresses your typical style. Everything is pretty much done online, no phone calls or anything.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty typical questions that you would expect in such a setting, such as where you shop and such. The most difficult question is was primarily centered around the notion of loss prevention and what actions you would take to help prevent it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Like most people who have reviewed, I applied for the position online. It took about two weeks until I received an e-mail inviting me out for a group interview.

The group I was part of was relatively small (4 people, myself included) and we were each given a mini questionnaire to fill out with simple topic questions like "Tell us a random/interesting fact about yourself" and "What is your spirit animal?" We each took turns reading our responses to the questions to get to know each other, and then the interviewer posed more questions that anyone could jump in and answer.

Overall, the interview was very laid-back and more conversational than anything. The questions weren't anything difficult or unexpected, and the interviewer was very drawn to those who were outgoing and friendly. I definitely had my doubts about landing the position because I have zero prior work experience, let alone retail experience. However, I tried my best to put myself out there as someone who is friendly, easy to get along with, and hard-working. After the interview, we were e-mailed a simple ethics survey to fill out. Two days later I was offered the job!

Interview Questions
    • What do you think makes for a good work environment?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to overcome a difficult problem/obstacle in your life.   Answer Question

Sales Associate (Seasonal) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Applied online and was asked to go in for a group interview. Group interview was pretty chill. I received an email a few days later asking me to do a video interview. The video interview was a little hard and frustrating since you're being timed and only given a few minutes to answer a question.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you have given or have received great customer service   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Group interview - they sat us down in a circle with 6 other people and asked a series of general sales associate related questions. These ranged from how important is it to know the products, how one would deal with a difficult customer over the phone, when is it acceptable to call your manager, etc. It is important to answer early as everyone answers in a circle, so it's easy for answers to be repeated. Saying something original early is the easiest way to get noticed.

Interview Questions
    • If you were helping a customer find a pair of shoes and another customer asked to you help them with another project, what would you do/ how would you prioritize the needs?   View Answer