Urban Outfitters Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I first applied online and then waited a few weeks. Then I got an email to fill out an ethics test online. Another week or so passed and I got an email to come to the store for a group interview. The interview went well, but they said nothing after. A week later they emailed me to come in for another group interview. This interview also went well, but they said nothing as we left. Another week later I finally got a call back with a job offer. They told me my pay and I accepted. It was ridiculously drawn out for such a simple position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first one was a group interview but two people did not show up, so it was me and one other individual. The manager interviewed us first and then I got a call two weeks later for an interview with the store manager. Then got hired the week after.

Interview Questions

• There were not any surprise questions - very straightforward   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I filled out an application and a week later was asked to take a survey. Two weeks later I was invited to a group interview. There were only 3 other people in my group. The interview was laid back and extremely quick. It took less than 10 minutes which was kind of odd. We were asked simple questions like : "why should we hire you?" ,"availability?", "what do you like about Urban Outfitters?" and "What do you know about customer service?" . It was simple but didnt feel like a proper interview.It was very rushed. Overall it was easy and would recommend applying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I first filled out a very detailed application online before being emailed about a group interview. Questions were very simple - we answered in a round robin fashion, with the interviewer even answering the questions herself. Be personable, charming and dress as if you shop at UO if you want a chance at being hired. They hardly care about past retail experience so long as you can answer questions about LP. I was emailed a test to take online before being called about a second interview with the store manager. My second interview was very laid back and took less than 10 minutes. He asked what I do in my spare time to see if I was a good fit; nothing about experience really. Got a call about a week later. Entire process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is loss prevention? What is your spirit animal? Time you gave great customer service? Best and worst customer experience you've had? Why you want to work at UO? Where you get your fashion inspiration from?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Interview

Too much done online. Went through multiple questionnaires and video interview processes before being deemed eligible for a formal interview with the Store Manager. Once I got that interview, it was unprofessional (done in the store with customers walking around us and being distracting). The manager made it clear that there was a "promote from within" agenda with the company and that I could work as an associate to 'show good faith' sort of thing. I could tell that the position would be dangled so that they could get someone to work the floor during the busy holiday hours.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical of what I would do to motivate employees who weren't performing quickly enough.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Paramus, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview that asked fairly moderate question as to what you would do in certain situation. Nothing out of the blue or too irrational. Very typical to what you what find at a clothing retailer.

Interview Questions

• Is it allowed to come into the workplace while intoxicated on drugs?   1 Answer

Sales Associate (Seasonal) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Littleton, CO).

Interview

I applied online and got a job interview via my email in 3 days. I think the process was so fast because it's seasonal right now. It was a group interview, there were 3 other people and me. Everyone in the group was very intimidating but I was feeling very confident of myself and how I was answering the questions. Sadly I didn't get the job though.. Probably because I didn't have no experience unlike the others in the group.

Interview Questions

• A time you gave good customer service?
      A fashion you like that you see on the street right now?

Answer Question

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Applied online, in about two weeks got a call for an interview, this was a group and it clearly made the outgoing stick out. They ask mainly about who you are and situation questions. Very easy and fun!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Applied online through the website. Got a call & email from the store I was applying for. Brought in to fill out another application. Brought in to have a group interview with really easy and fun questions. Called back in again to do another interview with similar questions. Was hired by phone.

Temporary Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Glasgow, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

UO posted on their facebook page that they were looking for Christmas temps and left an email adress in which you were to email your cv. After I did that they sent me an email asking me to fill out my availability, they said that was all ok and the next day I had an email inviting me to an interview 3 days later (Friday).
    Turned up to interview early and waiting with three other girls who were in my group. Team leader interviewed 5 of us and had more groups to interview that day and following Monday.
    Was very laid back, interview took place on shop floor on a couch and some stools while customers were browsing around the shop. Interviewer was very nice and made everyone feel comfortable even ran our interview over allocated time.

Asked questions like
    - Give examples of good and bad customer service and examples of when you were given good/bad customer service
    - Everyone has their own personality at UO, some are good bakers, artists. Give three qualities you could bring to the store that are unique to you.
    - Why you wanted to work for UO
    - If you were successful what would be your favourite department to work in and why.

We then asked interviewer why she enjoyed working there, her favourite department ect.
    Said she had more interviews later that day and more on Monday so we would hear back after Monday. I heard back later that day so knew straight away I was unsuccessful, I emailed and thanked them for their time and asked if I could get any feedback as to why I was not successful and still no email back. I was also confused as to why interviewer kept saying it was for a full time position (5 days out of 7) yet everyone there was either college student or school student so no one had that availability and they knew that because we all sent it in the email.

Interview Questions

• Three qualities you can bring to the team that are unique to you.   Answer Question