Urban Outfitters

Getting the Interview

328 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in April 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed in the spring for a sales associate position at a large store in an area of Boston that saw a lot of tourist traffic in the warmer months. I applied to all all four Boston/Cambridge stores, but this was the only store to get back to me. I applied online, via the URBN website, got an email for the initial group interview with the operations manager, and got a callback for a second interview with the store's general manager.

Interview Question – I knew they needed employees and I had previously checked out other Glassdoor interview reviews. I knew that I needed to know about good and bad customer service experiences, and I needed to have a solid answer to "Why Urban Outfitters?" Many other interviewees dressed the part, but it was those who answered quickly, confidently, and succinctly who ended up working at the stores.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered $8.50/hour and I accepted.

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted via email within a few weeks for an interview. In the email they stated that they liked my resume and application and that the interview was to be one-on-one. When I went in I found out I was actually going to be interviewed alongside someone else. Most of the questions were pretty simple and easy to follow. They asked about how I would describe my style and how I would handle loss prevention. I was told I would be contacted the day off whether or not I had gotten the job, and when I got home I had an email stating that I had been declined.

Interview Question – What would you buy if you were to win $10000 to spend at the store?   Answer Question

Sales Associate (Seasonal)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online on a Friday, and got an email inviting me to a group interview on the following Tuesday. They said to dress how you would if you were working in the store (casual). There were about 8 of us in the group, and the interviewer went through and asked each of us the same two questions. It was nice because we all got a chance to talk. It took about 10 minutes to get through all of us. I was the only one in the group with no prior experience, so I didn't think I got the job. However, I was called two days later and was offered a job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Urban?
Describe a time when you experience good customer service.
  Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in September 2011.

Interview Details – first: large line to get preliminary interview if accepted fill out online test.
second: call back with manager for group interview

they asked simple questions: favorite album, best quality, past experience, trends, etc.

Interview Question – why do you want to work for urban outfitters?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Intern Interview

Intern
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in January 2014.

Interview Details – I thought it was pretty cool. Interviewed with two people at the Urban Outfitters Home Office in Philly during their Intern Interview Day. They asked pretty normal questions, wanted to make sure that I knew about the brand, competitors, etc. The office is beautiful. The people were great to interview with.

Interview Question – Are you familiar with Excel? If so, to what extent?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They sent me an offer letter with salary.

Brea, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview Details – I received a phone call and was asked to come in for a group interview. About 10-15 people showed up. Had a store tour and was asked several questions.

Interview Question – Describe your style and how it fits with Urban Outfitters?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Operations Supervisor Interview

Naples, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview Details – No interview. Knew the manager briefly and filled out app job offer

Negotiation Details – I knew what they paid before I was offered

Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in March 2011.

Interview Details – Simple, two interviews. Went on a job fair and received a follow up call about a week later. Both interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Question – How would you describe your personal style?   Answer Question

Westfield, NJ

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2013.

Interview Details – It took a while for them to contact me, but eventually they did and they set me up for a group interview. They told me to dress the way I would if I was working at the store. When I got there they asked a few questions about whether if we've had any customer service or retail experience. They also asked about trending items, and some personal questions so they could get to know us individually.

Interview Question – If you could be invisible for the day what would you do?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in May 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted an online application. Got called in for a group interview where we had to answer questions. We had to just speak whenever we wanted and I could tell it had to be a balance between being noticeable and blurting out every single time. Just speak whenever you have anything actually interesting to say. Then a second interview with two others two weeks later that seemed mostly logistical. Got offered the job two weeks after that.

Interview Question – What do you like about Urban Outfitters?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They told me my base salary was $8.50 which was everyone else's starting salary as well. I was pleasantly surprised because I was expecting minimum wage. I heard the pay dropped after new management.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Urban Outfitters