Urban Outfitters Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I found out there was an open job fair, so the process was quick and easy. I simply filled out an online application 2 days prior and brought my resume with me to the job fair.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Durham, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then had a casual group interview with two other people outside. We interviewed with the manager and associate manager, and it was pretty easy. They asked questions like who is your style inspiration, what's your retail experience, what is an example of good customer service, etc. They emailed me back a week later saying no, but the manager dated the manager of Free People and he referred me to her, so not all bad news.

Interview Questions

• Who is your celebrity style inspiration?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, they invited for me a video interview. It was 3 questions, but you have practice beforehand. You have a minute for each question to prepare and 3 minutes to answer. You can't redo or repeat anything, however you can finish an interview if you can't do it al at once.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online, the company emailed me within a few hours after I applied. I was asked to do an online interview via hirevue, 3 hours after my hirevue interview, I received a ethics survey. The next day I was told to come to an in person interview for next week. The interview went well, I'm still waiting on a response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and and within a day I was told to complete an ethics questionnaire. After that I received an email asking if I could come in for a group interview. This particular store that I applied to was looking for new employees for the upcoming summer and fall season and so they were looking to hire immediately. Even though I submitted my resume along with my online application I brought along a paper copy with me as well. Always bring a copy with you just incase the hiring managers don't have it on hand. The interview took place in front of the store. There were several hiring managers and each manager spoke to two potential candidates at the same time. The manager that lead my interview introduced himself and described his role in the company . The first question he asked was "tell me something that you are passionate about"?. Then he asked "what type of personalities do you NOT work well with. Then he asked so why would you want to work for Urban? He went into greater detail in how Urban functions and the work environment at Urban. We finished off the interview with me and the other candidate asking him questions. I signed a background check form and was told I would hear from them within a couple of weeks. Within a couple of days I received a call from the manager offering me the position and that I would start the following weekend. The process took 2 weeks from the time of my application to the point of hire. Overall the hiring process was fast, but this is a big store so I'm unsure if this is the case for every store.

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Champaign, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview took place through a mobile app. I was asked to record my answers to five questions to be reviewed by them later. Once I recorded the answers I could not go back and edit them to re-record them.

Interview Questions

• Draw a picture that you think describes you and explain it in 3 minutes or less.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The initial interview is online where you read the questions from the screen and answer in video form. They give you two practice questions that you can answer unlimited times, to see the format and practice before you do the real interview. For the real (online) interview, I was asked four questions. These answers are TIMED and it WILL cut off on you if you're not done! Make sure to keep an eye out for that and manage your time wisely. (If you can't tell from the obvious saltiness here, that happened to me :p) It was honestly so much easier than I expected. I was prepared to answer some tough questions, but they really just want to know about how you would be as an employee. P.S. I didn't get an offer yet because I just completed the interview about 5 minutes ago!

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my schooling and experience, receiving criticism, and some questions about my personality and style   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I filled out an online application and received a request for a video interview within that week. It was easy but it was timed so it was a bit intimidating, but easy if you are relaxed and show your personality. Shortly received an invitation for an in-store interview afterwards.

Interview Questions

• A time you received negative feedback and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in April 2015.

Interview

There was a video interview and a group interview. I applied online and heard back from them within a week to do a video interview. I had to answer a few questions on HireVue. After completing that I was e-mailed about attending a group interview. There were around five other candidates and there were three people in management interviewing us. They seemed more interested in getting to know about us and our personalities than anything else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Very chill as long as you're calm, cool, and collected. Don't show too much enthusiasm, because then they'll take that as immaturity, but show enough care for the position that they know you want it and that you're responsible enough to handle it.