Urban Outfitters Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Applied online about 3 days later was asked to take a ethics survey. Received a email about an interview a week later.. came in and it was a group interview with me and 3 other people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2014.

I applied online and received an e-mail to answer survey questions. Received another e-mail about 2 days later asking to do an online video interview. You get asked about 4 fairly simple questions. The most difficult was the first question that required you to draw a picture of yourself in 3 minutes. Since I wasn't aware I spent the first 40 seconds frantically looking for a plain piece of paper and pen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2014.

I applied online back in June for a Sales Associate position at 86th street and about a few hours later I got an email asking me to fill out this questionnaire which was apart of the interview process.

A day later I got another email asking me to attend an group interview the following day. The group interview was conducted by the Visuals Manager and the Men's Floor Manager.
    I attended and the interview was pretty simple. It was about 9 of us interviewing and we all got an opportunity to speak (the best thing is try to be the 2nd or third person to speak and make sense of what your saying). It was pretty laid back, but we all wanted the job so we rambled on a lot.

We were told we would receive an email later in the day if they were moving on with the second part. I received an email asking to come in for another interview with the General Manager and I did. This was a 1 on 1 interview and much better than the group. He asked simple questions like "Why Urban", "Do you know about Loss Prevention", "Interesting facts about myself" etc etc.

He had me list my references since Urban calls your references to make sure everything checks out. I gave him 2 references and left. The following day I called the store to give them other references since the ones I listed before had their numbers changed prior. The Manager I spoke with took down my new references and told me I should hear back in a day or so.

It's now July and I haven't heard anything back so its safe to say I didn't get the job, but it was a total waste of time. Why give me a second interview just to not hire me? Ridiculous.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2014.

I applied online and about an hour later I received an e-mail with a link to a survey, which took about 20 minutes to complete (they are looking for honesty). The same night an hour after completing the survey, I received the link to the online interview on Hirevue which was kind of strange. The following evening I got an e-mail from the store I had applied to with an invitation to a group interview within two days which was on a Tuesday . I went to the interview bright and early, there were so many people there for an interview I was kind of intimidated, but never let that show. I wore what I would normally wear and most importantly I was my quirky, weird self (btw there were about 8 of us in this group). At the end of the interview the manger told us that he would be giving us a call no later than that Friday evening. I received his phone call Thursdays with job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Draw a picture of yourself and describe it.
      Basically things that represent yourself, could be anything from the music you listen to, to for fashion sense.
        Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2014.

I filled out an online application, couple weeks later they sent me a link to an online survey asking stuff like if it was okay to show up high to work if you still performed decently, etc. Filled that out and got an interview request a few days later. Group interview, held in the back room; there were 5 applicants including myself and we went around in a circle answering each question. Fairly simple, stuff about why we wanted to work there, previous experience with difficult customers, what our fashion sense was like, etc. I thought it went pretty well because I was prepared for the questions and dressed sort of in their style. They said it'd take two weeks to get back about the second interview but I got an email a couple days later asking me to come in again.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Applied online and received an email a few days later asking to fill out an ethics survey. The survey was easy, just be mindful of the questions when answering. After submitting the survey, I received another email a couple days later inviting me to a group interview the following week. I attended the interview which included myself, another candidate and the Store Operations Manager. The interview was very casual and consisted of your basic interview questions: Introduce yourself and explain why you want to work at UO; Past job experience; What is loss prevention/how have you dealt with it in the past; Which department of the store would you prefer to work in. Overall, the interview was fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    • Their biggest concern was making sure their employees knew what loss prevention was and how to handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2014.

After I applied, a few days later got an email to take an ethics survey. A few days after completing got another email to do an online video interview with HireVue. Don't think the way they do the process is ethical as an online interview, which by the way is a recording of yourself instead of face to face, they don't get to know the real person. It's just lazy on their part.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

The process was super easy. The first interview was me and two other girls and we were interviewed by the team lead. The questions were basic and not difficult at all. They were like what trends do you like and previous leadership experience. They asked me to come back and have a one on one with the manager. That was easy and fun. I got a call later offering the job. The whole process took a little over a week.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very simple. The hardest question was: How would you approach an individual who you saw shoplifting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I was offered a job over the phone and the store manager asked a few personality questions and ones that related to working in retail.
    Asked about who inspires are style and why.
    Basic questions about handling upset customers or going about stopping a shoplifter.
    Asked if I was interested in eventually moving up.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation I was offered $7.50 and took it.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I applied for the job and the next day I recovered an email about an interview. I set up the interview for a few days later. The interview was myself, another person, and the manager. The interview lasted about 15mins. They asked all the normal questions. You could tell they were looking for something to fit the mold of 'hipster' and have a super outgoing personality.