Urban Outfitters Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Santa Cruz, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The online application is very brief and includes a few questions that asks about your most recent UO experience, what inspired you to apply, and what you would consider as an ideal day. A few days after I submitted my application, I got an email that asked me to do an online interview. The online interview is not with an actual person, you just get recorded answering a series of questions. A few days after I submitted my online application, I got an email to do an online ethics survey. A few days after I completed the survey, I got an email for another interview at the store location. The interview was one-on-one with just me and the store manager. The store manager mainly asked me to go more in-depth with my online interview answers. The interview was very laid back and I was very comfortable. About a week later, I received a call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest critique you have ever received and how did you address it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in East Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (East Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

First went in for a group interview. Very laid back and relaxed, spoke a lot and tried to get my personality across. Then was contacted for a second interview with just a manager. Seemed to go well, easy questions, but they decided to move forward with another candidate.

Sales Associate- Holiday Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online on the URBN careersforsuccess website for the holiday sales associate position. A day or two afte applying I recieved an email inviting me to the store for an interview the next day. Once in store I was asked to fill out a paper with my availability. It was a group interview consisting of about 3 people. It was very relaxed and fun- more like a conversation between all of us!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

It took them a very long time to get back to me about my application, but setting up the interview only took a few days and then I heard back about a week later. The interview was really relaxed. Basically just got asked about my availability, why I wanted to work there, and maybe one or two other really easy questions. I think they mostly do group interviews although I couldn't make it to the group interview so I did a one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• What current/upcoming trends do you like right now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted a resume and cover letter, filled out an ethics survey and received a callback for a 1 on 1 with the store manager. Probably one of the easier interviews I've ever had - I think the hardest part was deciding what to wear since it was "Super casual" required. The SM was extremely friendly and had an emphasis on making sure everyone got along with each other and creating a "community spirit" in the store. Heard back approximately one week from the interview

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in February 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview with myself and two other girls. The manager took us to the food court where she asked us basic questions. It was more like a conversation which put us at ease and only lasted 15 min.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received good customer service and why was it so great?   Answer Question

Technical Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, HR phone interview, then in-person skills-based interview with 2 senior positioned individuals. At the end of the skills test, I was informed that the position was not actually available in the department, that they were preparing for needing to add staff in a growing department... A week after my thank-you email, it was confirmed that the position was not going to be made available. Not sure if it was a line or not. Regardless, the unpreparedness of my two in-person interviewers was astonishing for a company of URBN's caliper.

Interview Questions

• What is your ultimate lifelong goal, execute a fitting for 2 garments & write comments each that could be submitted to and understood by a factory, what product categories are you used to working with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

After accepting my online application, they asked me to take part in an online video interview which consisted of 3 different questions and was timed. I got a prompt of each question, about a minute to prepare for it, and then had to start recording during another minute to submit my answers.

Interview Questions

• Draw yourself and items to represent your life and explain why you chose to draw the items that you did.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Video interview which was done online. After that you will get an email saying you made it to the second step which is a questionnaire. If you fit what they're looking for you go to a group interview.

Interview Questions

• basic interview questions as well as whats you're favorite music artist   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Denver, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an e-mail about a week or two later for open interviews. I had one interview with a manager that was one-on-one. It lasted about 20-30 minutes. It wasn't an incredibly formal interview, much more conversational. I would definitely recommend dressing casually and like you would if you were just going in for a day of work there. The questions were very scenario based and also asking about current trends, your favorite styles, why you want to work for the company, etc. I heard back after my interview about a week or so later and was offered the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• If you had $100 to spend at Urban right now what would you buy?   1 Answer
    • What are some trends you're seeing in men's and women's fashion?   1 Answer