Urban Outfitters Merchandise Assistant Interview Questions

3.3

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Urban Outfitters (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

I was emailed at work by an HR representative who'd found my profile in linked in. I went for an interview with her which was basic questions around my current job and qualifications. I was then called back for an interview with the merchandising manager at head office, again the questions were basic questions around my job role

Interview Questions

• How would you go about managing an MAA?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in August 2009.

Interview

HR at this company is really disorganized. One has to stay on top of them to keep the process going. They never call or communicate as promised and then when they call you it's a last minute scramble to adjust to their schedule. After the first interview I was told that there would be a second. I then waited weeks to be called back. This was the MO for the whole process, it was draining and very disheartening.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can contribute to Urban?   Answer Question
    • Can you please give us three different looks or moods for the FREE PEOPLE girl.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they have so many candidates to fill their positions, that you are made to feel lucky to be offered a job within the company. They are most young fashion or merchandise college grads dream job, but the reality of dealing with them was not glamorous or professional.

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (London, England (UK)) in August 2009.

Interview

More casual than I expected--as it was quite a junior role (but still very competitive) I was expected to display depth of knowledge and understanding of the brand, past achievements and future aspirations in addition to skills and experience required at past work placements.

Interview Questions

• What are you thoughts on our arrival in the UK? (testing brand perceptions)   Answer Question
    • Tell us about our customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation--most people I went to uni with are still looking for jobs. I felt fortunate to land an interview, let alone a job! Although I tried negotiating salary but I think they could sense my desperation and didn't budge.