Urban Outfitters

Urban Outfitters Merchandise Assistant Interview Questions

3.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Merchandise Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in August 2009.

HR at this company is really disorganized. One has to stay on top of them to keep the process going. They never call or communicate as promised and then when they call you it's a last minute scramble to adjust to their schedule. After the first interview I was told that there would be a second. I then waited weeks to be called back. This was the MO for the whole process, it was draining and very disheartening.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think you can contribute to Urban?   Answer Question
  • Can you please give us three different looks or moods for the FREE PEOPLE girl.   Answer Question
No negotiation, they have so many candidates to fill their positions, that you are made to feel lucky to be offered a job within the company. They are most young fashion or merchandise college grads dream job, but the reality of dealing with them was not glamorous or professional.

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in August 2009.

More casual than I expected--as it was quite a junior role (but still very competitive) I was expected to display depth of knowledge and understanding of the brand, past achievements and future aspirations in addition to skills and experience required at past work placements.

Interview Questions
    • What are you thoughts on our arrival in the UK? (testing brand perceptions)   Answer Question
    • Tell us about our customer   View Answer
    no negotiation--most people I went to uni with are still looking for jobs. I felt fortunate to land an interview, let alone a job! Although I tried negotiating salary but I think they could sense my desperation and didn't budge.