Urban Outfitters Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Tallahassee, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was an online interview and it lasted about 5-6 minutes total. They ask you 4 simple, nice fun questions such as: "What can't you live without?" "Draw a picture of yourself. Describe it to us." "What is your previous job/education experience like?" I have not received an offer yet seeing as I finished the interview approximately 5 minutes ago; however, all in all, I think it went pretty well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Short video interview. I applied and submitted my resume. After a few days I was given a link which took me to a site where I could participate in a video interview. In this video interview I was asked about accomplishments, hurdles I have had to overcome, and to do things like draw a picture that most represented me. It was alright, I suppose, but kind of useless.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Denver, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an e-mail about a week or two later for open interviews. I had one interview with a manager that was one-on-one. It lasted about 20-30 minutes. It wasn't an incredibly formal interview, much more conversational. I would definitely recommend dressing casually and like you would if you were just going in for a day of work there. The questions were very scenario based and also asking about current trends, your favorite styles, why you want to work for the company, etc. I heard back after my interview about a week or so later and was offered the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• If you had $100 to spend at Urban right now what would you buy?   1 Answer
    • What are some trends you're seeing in men's and women's fashion?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I didn't apply online like others did, I just saw on craigslist that they were having and open interview. I went and i was nervous as hell. This was m first interview, I have no job experience at all, and I'm still a hs student. The questions were nothing similar to the ones on this site. Except the one they all ask you which is Why UO. My interview didn't go as good as i wanted it to for me personally. The majority of the time they asked questions that job experienced people could answer. And my group was really huge with about 9 people so yeah. i just say if your like me with no experience and they ask you about customer service just tell them what you would do. Don't be quiet like I was even if you can t relate to the question act like you have and answer. and this was yesterday

Interview Questions

• none of the questions were hard. But i couldn't really answer them because they were for people who have worked before. like What was your worst and best job and How do you handle/react when you have an anger customer and how to time mange things at work everything was job related and they didn't even care about my clothes or wanted to know about my personality. But it was a fun experience and the group I was with made it really fun. Some guy just strolled in and said is this an interview and when i said yes he said "why not i'm not doing anything else better"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Howard Beach, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Howard Beach, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

You first submitted your application. I also attached a cover letter. After I was hired, one of my managers mentioned that he always likes to hire people that put that in there as well. After about a week or so I got an email to come in for a group interview. I interviewed with about seven other people. We went around the circle asking questions and gave our responses. After about a week, I got asked in for another interview. I talked to the store manager who afterwards, hired me on the spot. They also sent a questionnaire about employee habits, asking if it was okay to come to work high. I forget when they sent this, but I believe it was between my two in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• What trends do you see that you like?
      Tell me about a time where you provided great customer service.
      Who is one of your style icons?
      Tell me about yourself?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Portland, OR) in May 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview that asked questions more based off of style preferences and different trends you preferred. Each person in the group answered the same questions and had little room to add any other information to stand out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Huntington, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed and down to earth. More interested in your personality than work history. Willing to train fashion forward people with bright personalities. Be ready to answer fun questions about music, art and fashion. Customer service is the most important aspect of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you had to deal with an up-set customer. What was the result?   Answer Question
    • Who do you get your fashion inspiration from?   Answer Question