Urban Outfitters Sales Assistant Interview Questions

2.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in November 2010.

Overall the interview was very very laid back. Luckily I had really nice interviewers who were very hipsterish. dressed extremely casual. in the end i got asked to stay with another girl and we were given slips with a link to a quiz/ personality survey where most of the questions were drug and alcohol related. waited 2 weeks but never got a call back

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in May 2014.

I left my CV in the store near Oxford Circus and received a call with an invitation to come in for a group interview. I was asked to bring something that would tell something about me and come up with 4-5 sentences why I chose this particular thing. None of us in the group was actually asked about the thing we have brought - some people have taken huge sketchbooks just for nothing.

Interview Questions
    • What would you take to a lonely island with you and why?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2013.

Received an email saying I had an interview at UO 2 days before the interview. Was v excited as at the time it was my favourite shop ad always loved going in. Email said to bring in an item I felt described me, and be prepared to talk about it for at least 5 minutes. Turned up to interview, was situated on the shop floor whilst customers were in and it was a group interview - i wasnt informed of that in the email so instantly felt intimidated. Felt like the other candidates kept going on about their experience with art and their "art degrees" yet had no retail experience at all - i think it was more a personality test rather than an interview for a sales job - very disappointed at the way UO select staff. Didnt hear anything back from them at all.

Interview Questions
    • Describe in one word what you could bring to Urban Outfitters if you worked here?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

The interview process is very similar to other companies. Basically an introduction of yourself, then behavioral questions, and some technical questions. The interviewer was very nice and generous about the answers I gave them. I would say just be more confident and practice most of the general questions before going in the interview.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in September 2010.

It was a really fun interview , I felt really comfortable the interviewer was really nice , they ask general questions like ''why you want to work at UO?'' , what is for you a bad and a good costumer service? what fashion icon or person inspires you the most ? and the last and more surprising question was : what is your favorite book , I was really happy with that questions becuase i'm a person that read a lot so I was really sure about my response , at the end of the interview they give us a link to go on internet and make a test around 15 min long , I'm still waiting for a call but it's been 5 days since the interview so i'm not worried!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in March 2009.

Gave in my CV to one of the managers and after scanning my resume, they instantly told me there was a group interview the next day. The interview consisted of 2 interviewers and 5 prospective candidates for a few positions within the store.