Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I had a group interview with 5 other people. The hiring manager asked a question and we all went down the line and answered it. It took longer than expected to hear back about the job so she emailed me to make sure I knew that she didn't forget about me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Group interview. Pretty basic and not very hard. Room for growth within company. Questions about personal style, music taste, etc they seem to want it somewhat consistent with the store yet unique.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who is a current UO employee, and I applied online. A week later I was asked to complete a video interview (the same one discussed by other reviewers on glassdoor). The questions had nothing to do with skills or work experience-- I think they are just trying to get a taste of your personality and determine whether or not you'd make a good fit for the company. The first "question" asks you to draw a picture describing yourself.. Kind of odd, but have fun with it! I didn't hear back for at least another week, and then was asked to come in for an in-person interview. I had a 1:1 with the store manager (I assume the only reason I wasn't part of a group interview was because I was referred), and in this interview I was asked questions relating to my professional experience. The interview was very relaxed and not intimidating in the slightest. I was offered a position of the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2015.

Interview

This was a group interview with a total of 4 interviewees. There were 3 interviewers, which were the teams lead for each department. They asked us a series of about 8 questions and we each went down the line to answer the questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and a few days later got invited to do an online video interview. The video interview was a little silly to do but easy and took five minutes. After I submitted that, I was sent a time survey to fill out, which was basically just asking if you are going to steal or smoke weed on the job. A few days later I was invited to a group interview, which was one of the easiest, laid back interviews I've ever been through. It's more like the just want to get to know you. They're more like personality questions, the most/only "interview"-y question they asked was "give us an example of a time you experienced good or bad customer service".

Interview Questions

• What would you do if we gave you $1000 right now? How would you spend it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Bloomington, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, went in for a group interview, they emailed me to come in for a second, final interview was with the store manager and he was awesome, a few days later I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online (6/12) and received the ethics survey in the email 2 days later (6/14). After completing that, I got an email (6/18) inviting me to a group interview on June 24th at 12pm. The group interview was just with 2 other people, 3 including me. When I attended group interviews for Urban in the past, there were usually around 6-8 other people so this time it was more intimate. We spoke to the women's accessories manager and she asked us to introduce ourselves, why we want to work at Urban, who our fashion inspiration is/are, our past work experience, what good customer service is, and if we have any questions for her. It was very easy and casual; she just wanted to get to know us and our personalities. The group interview lasted around 15 minutes and when it was done, she told us she would get back to us about second interviews by 4pm.

I got an email at around 2pm requesting a second interview and my scheduled interview time. My second interview was scheduled for June 26th at 3pm. The second interview was a one-on-one with the men's manager. I felt like it was easier to talk one-on-one and it was so easy to get along with him. We just chatted and the whole interview was very similar to the group interview. Again, they just want to get to know you and see how personable you are. He asked me one question to see how I would work if I was a sales associate and came up with a scenario that could happen. In the middle of the interview, he offered me the sales associate position and explained what the salary is and what the tasks are as a sales associate. He asked if I had any questions and then asked me to send an email with my daily availability. He told me that orientation is on June 28th and that would be my first day.

Overall, the whole interview process was easy and it was so nice to be interviewed by such welcoming people.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for an opening position on their website and it will ask you to create a profile where you can attach your resume and cover letter. Then you filled out three really short questions about your why you want to apply to UO, your ideal day, and availability. Two days after I received an email to complete a video interview. You basically records yourself at your own time and the video will be sent to the employer. There were practice questions. The real interview was timed (about 2-3 mins each) and there were four questions related to your work experience and fashion knowledge. It's really convenient because you don't have to finish all questions at once. This is just a first round and I don't know the result yet.

Interview Questions

• What are the new brands or product that you are the most excited about?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. Firstly, you fill out the online application, it asks you a couple basic questions about yourself and your taste in clothing and music (understandable since they like people who can represent the brand). Next, there was a video interview (super easy to figure out, I promise). The app lets you run a couple practice questions first if you want so you can get the hang of it, which was super helpful. The questions appear at the top of the screen and you just press record and film yourself answering. The whole thing took around ten minutes tops. There were four questions all asking pretty basic things such as some past retail experiences you had with customers, and a little bit about yourself. Lastly, I was called in for a group interview. It was myself and three other people on the top floor of the store. The interviewer asked us each several questions about our interest in fashion and experiences while selling, as well as some other pretty basic questions. They tell you to dress casual, but trust me, you want to dress showing off your personal style and the UO brand. Aka: creative and kind of bohemian chic. After that the manager called me and I filled out a quick ethics survey (75 questions on safety, listening to management and drug use) and then was called in for orientation.

Interview Questions

• If you could have dinner with anyone from history, who would it be and why?

What are two products you're really excited about right now and why.

What fashion trends are you currently into that are trending.

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Baltimore, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process began when I applied online through their website, a resume was requires and the cover letter was optional but I did both to be on the safe side. Two days later, I recieved an email to do a video interview through hirevue. Literally took like 5 minutes and they gave you practice questions start. My three real questions were to draw myself and explain how that drawing represents my fashion, art and music taste. Second question was to describe a bad customer service experience and then the third question was to describe a time that I was faced w/ a challenge and how I dealt with that. Two days after that, I recieved an email to do an wthics quiz which is pretty straight forward, just use your common sense lol. After that I was asked to come in for a group inteeview a week later, the interview was laid back and chill, just be yourself and have some basic knowledge of the brand. That same day I was asked to come back for a 2 interview w/ the store manager which was one on one. Very intimidating but still pretty laidback. Im still waiting to here back from them! My 2nd interview was yesterday lol.