Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Aventura, FL).

Interview

I walked into the store and asked if they were hiring and they told me to apply online. On the website they asked some really personal questions that really have nothing to do with working like what kind of music do you like, describe your style, do you follow any fashion blogs, etc. I got an email for an interview and it said to dress casual but of course that meant dress to impress. It was a group interview with about 4 other candidates. The manager took us outside the store and asked questions and people had to kind of answer at their own will. You can tell it was a competition. Again, they asked really random and shallow questions. I got an email back within 10 minutes saying I was hired but never saw any of the other people who were interviewed. Then I had another interview with another manager a few days later and she told me I was hired.

Interview Questions

• If you could do anything for a day what would you do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online, the company emailed me within a few hours after I applied. I was asked to do an online interview via hirevue, 3 hours after my hirevue interview, I received a ethics survey. The next day I was told to come to an in person interview for next week. The interview went well, I'm still waiting on a response.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The initial interview is online where you read the questions from the screen and answer in video form. They give you two practice questions that you can answer unlimited times, to see the format and practice before you do the real interview.
    For the real (online) interview, I was asked four questions. These answers are TIMED and it WILL cut off on you if you're not done! Make sure to keep an eye out for that and manage your time wisely. (If you can't tell from the obvious saltiness here, that happened to me :p)
    It was honestly so much easier than I expected. I was prepared to answer some tough questions, but they really just want to know about how you would be as an employee.
    P.S. I didn't get an offer yet because I just completed the interview about 5 minutes ago!

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my schooling and experience, receiving criticism, and some questions about my personality and style   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I filled out an online application and received a request for a video interview within that week. It was easy but it was timed so it was a bit intimidating, but easy if you are relaxed and show your personality. Shortly received an invitation for an in-store interview afterwards.

Interview Questions

• A time you received negative feedback and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and and within a day I was told to complete an ethics questionnaire. After that I received an email asking if I could come in for a group interview. This particular store that I applied to was looking for new employees for the upcoming summer and fall season and so they were looking to hire immediately. Even though I submitted my resume along with my online application I brought along a paper copy with me as well. Always bring a copy with you just incase the hiring managers don't have it on hand. The interview took place in front of the store. There were several hiring managers and each manager spoke to two potential candidates at the same time. The manager that lead my interview introduced himself and described his role in the company . The first question he asked was "tell me something that you are passionate about"?. Then he asked "what type of personalities do you NOT work well with. Then he asked so why would you want to work for Urban? He went into greater detail in how Urban functions and the work environment at Urban. We finished off the interview with me and the other candidate asking him questions. I signed a background check form and was told I would hear from them within a couple of weeks. Within a couple of days I received a call from the manager offering me the position and that I would start the following weekend. The process took 2 weeks from the time of my application to the point of hire. Overall the hiring process was fast, but this is a big store so I'm unsure if this is the case for every store.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Called in for an interview. Usually it is a group interview but because a friend had referred to me, I had a one on one interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received good customer service and why was it so great?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

It went really well. I applied in store. Got an email for an interview a few days later. It was a group interview with about 8 other people. Everyone was given the oppurtunity to talk. Some people dominated the conversation so you really had to fight for your oppurtunity to speak. A few days later I was called for a second interview with the store manager. It went really well. He was super pleasant. Was hired soon after and started working the next week.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

The interview process took about a month. After you apply they communicate with you via email if they are interested in you. They sent me an email to download Hirevue. Through hirevue i had a video interview. They ask certain questions and you had a specific amount of time to prepare then a specific amount of time to answer.Its not like a skype video interview, you never talk with someone face to face but your answers are saved then sent to the employer. Then they emailed me to attend a group interview with the store manager. There were four of us there and we all got hired. As soon as we arrived to the store a UO employee directed us where to sit and wait. They then gave us a couple of forms to fill out then the interview process started. The manager was very nice. She asked about our experience, why we want to work for them, how we would handle a rude customer. About a week later I got a call offering me the job. *Just make sure that you dress like you work there and be confident. They like their employees to project good vibes*

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

The Whole Process took about a 2 Months

First I applied online, then a few days later I recieved an email to do the Video Interview, then 2 months later I got an email to come in for a 2nd interview then 8 days I got a call offering me the job.

For the Video Interview you want to be most creative to score that 2nd interview, I had some Andrew Bird playing softly in the background You have to draw a pic that best describes yourself and personal style. What I did was. I combined two of my favorite styles (grunge look and folk free spirited look) into a a drawing and how it makes me think of the smell of patchouli or Frankinsense What helped me was recording myself before I begin the Video. Advice is don't give up and be unique. Show off what you love, Im big into pure essential oils and organic cooking so I made sure I squeezed that in.. Also I am extremely shy and I attend to forget what I want to say. Before I would prepare days and days but this time I went in and gave honest simple answer. I believed that help the interview see who I really am

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were inspired?   1 Answer

Negotiation

8.75$ an hour.. It took me a while to get a job here, so I accepted the offer and I will work hard to get a rais later down the road.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Santa Cruz, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The online application is very brief and includes a few questions that asks about your most recent UO experience, what inspired you to apply, and what you would consider as an ideal day. A few days after I submitted my application, I got an email that asked me to do an online interview. The online interview is not with an actual person, you just get recorded answering a series of questions. A few days after I submitted my online application, I got an email to do an online ethics survey. A few days after I completed the survey, I got an email for another interview at the store location. The interview was one-on-one with just me and the store manager. The store manager mainly asked me to go more in-depth with my online interview answers. The interview was very laid back and I was very comfortable. About a week later, I received a call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest critique you have ever received and how did you address it?   Answer Question