Urban Outfitters

Getting the Interview

249 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pasadena, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in April 2014.

Interview Details – Took a week to hear back from Urban Outfitters for an interview. First interview was a group one. Super chill and actually spent most of the interview laughing. Answers were pretty easy to answer. Make sure you sound and are confident when you answer. I was emailed and asked to come back for a second interview which surprised me because most interviews here said they were offered a job after the first interview. Came in for a second interview and it was one-on-one which is my WEAKNESS. Questions were more into detail. Easy but I felt inexperienced and felt they were looking for fashion majors or people who were serious about a career in the fashion industry. I didn't get offered a position, but I really felt this was a good experience and would reapply again (since I'll be knowing what kinds of questions they will be asking).

Interview Question – What do you plan on taking from your experience working at Urban Outfitters?   Answer Question

Columbia, SC

I applied online - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in May 2013.

Interview Details – First you fill out an application online that includes a resume and answering some short answer questions. Then they call you in for a group interview and tell you to dress like you would dress coming to work at Urban. The group interview is very laid back and basically you sit around a table and go around answering various questions about where you are from, prior job experience, prior retail experience. A couple days later you get an email asking you to answer a short series of questions about drug use, shoplifting, etc. (very simple and easy) A few weeks later they call you and tell you whether or not you got the job and then you start work soon after that (if you got the job).

Interview Question – "Do you know what LP means?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No opportunity to negotiate.

Interviewed at Urban Outfitters

Interview Details – I had one interview, it was a large group interview

Interview Question – who is your fashion icon   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation

Interviewed at Urban Outfitters

Interview Details – I applied online. They emailed me 2 weeks later scheduling an interview and to also take a survey. I went to a group interview. Then 1 week later I got a second email scheduling a second interview. This time it was one on one with the store manager. A few days later I got a call saying I got the job.

Interview Question – There weren't really any difficult questions. It was basically a personality test.   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Process took about 2 weeks. Straight forward group interview. About 6-7 people. Asked about knowledge of UO, personal style & behavioral questions. 20 minute interview.

Interview Question – None. Everything asked was pretty much straight forward you just have to think on your toes.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2012.

Interview Details – You are invited to a group interview, in which they will take turns questioning the group in general. The vibe of the interview is very relaxed and comfortable. Each person is given an ample amount of time to respond, and all of the questions being asked are for the most part atypical of the average retail interview. The added people around you help to take the pressure off the review and can play an important role in allowing you to shine.

Interview Question – - What would you do if the EAS goes off?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, was contacted through the phone

Very Easy Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in January 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the job in January of 2010 via an online application. It took them a while for the store to call - to be honest I had forgotten that I'd applied. Anyway, arranging the interview was very straightforward - I got a call from the SM, he told me the date of the interview and I just had to confirm. I only did one interview - group - though I've heard that there are two interviews now? Anyway, the interview was pretty straightforward and laid back. A lot of questions from the application "why do you want to work here" "who are your style icons" "what can you bring to the team" etc. Got a call about a week later that they wanted to hire me.

Interview Question – As stated, most of the questions are pretty easy though the guy I interviewed with asked "When were you last late for work, why, and what did you do." I told him that I'd overslept, noticed the time, threw on the nearest article of clothing and ran to the train, calling my boss in the process. Basically they don't want you to say "I had a thing and just didn't call" etc you know don't be a dummy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No opportunity to negotiate

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and about a week later received an email asking me to take the orion survey. About 2 days after that I received an email asking me to come in for a group interview on one of two dates. I went to the interview and it was me and 2 other people. We went into the break room with a team lead I believe and were asked questions about past experience, customer service, working in groups. loss prevention, fashion trends, and a few get to know you questions. Overall, it lasted about an hour. I think I did alright, but I felt like the other 2 people may have done a little better. Nevertheless, I received an email the next day asking me to come in for a one-on-one interview with the manager. This interview was much shorter and I was again asked about my experience, why I wanted to work there, loss prevention, and availability. I felt like I did really well, I talked about how I liked the emphasis urban puts on music and art, and talked about how I was into electronic music. The manager actually liked the same kind of music and was telling me how she went to TomorrowWorld. I think making this connection helped me out. She told me she would be letting everyone know about the position that friday. I got a call on friday with a job offer and I accepted.

Interview Question – What are some popular/upcoming trends that you have noticed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None - $8.00 /hr

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview Details – Sent in a resume online, got an email a few weeks later about a group interview. There was about 8 of us and 2 of the managers. It was very laid back and casual. They really didn't go a round in a circle to get everyones answers so be sure to speak up and try to answer some questions first (doesn't have to be everyone, there were a few that I hung back on to think of my answer). Also when people are talking look at them the whole time and act engaged, sometimes their answers can give you ideas or you can make comments on their answer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work and be apart of Urban Outfitters?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview Details – Honestly, the process has to be the most contrived and pretentious one out there. I walked in to their open call. We were separated into groups and asked some "off-beat" and "quirky" questions. I can't even remember most of them.

Interview Question – Who would you like to meet?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Interviews for Top Jobs at Urban Outfitters

Worked for Urban Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Urban Outfitters Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 249 interview reviews posted anonymously by Urban Outfitters employees and interview candidates.