Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I had a group interview with 5 other people. The hiring manager asked a question and we all went down the line and answered it. It took longer than expected to hear back about the job so she emailed me to make sure I knew that she didn't forget about me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Aventura, FL).

Interview

I walked into the store and asked if they were hiring and they told me to apply online. On the website they asked some really personal questions that really have nothing to do with working like what kind of music do you like, describe your style, do you follow any fashion blogs, etc. I got an email for an interview and it said to dress casual but of course that meant dress to impress. It was a group interview with about 4 other candidates. The manager took us outside the store and asked questions and people had to kind of answer at their own will. You can tell it was a competition. Again, they asked really random and shallow questions. I got an email back within 10 minutes saying I was hired but never saw any of the other people who were interviewed. Then I had another interview with another manager a few days later and she told me I was hired.

Interview Questions

• If you could do anything for a day what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Orlando, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

I've been a loyal shopper at UO for about 8 years now, I've always loved the store and it's safe to say that I've dropped quite a bit of money in there over the years so naturally I'd want to work there. I saw that they were hiring at my UO store and I applied online and was emailed the very next day asking me to do a video interview, to which I did. The video interview is awkward, I must say, it is basically a webcam interview on your computer or through your mobile phone and questions appear on the screen and you have to record yourself answering them and the questions are timed, usually about a minute, sometimes a little over and it WILL cut you off even if you aren't finished with your answer. Overall, I think it went pretty well and I was as honest as I could be and as "natural" as I could I guess you could say. I was asked about why I'd be good for the position, my past work experience, one thing I can't live without, etc and I answered them all pretty flawlessly I think, especially since I usually tend to stumble with my words and stutter when I'm nervous and I didn't do that once. The interview lasted about 5 minutes and once it was done, I got another email telling me that it had been successfully submitted and that someone from UO would contact me with the next steps.

It's been almost a week and I haven't heard anything. No emails, no calls, so I don't know if I should still remain hopeful or just accept the fact that I may not have gotten it. I recently got declined a job from Anthropologie too, which is owned by the same company as UO so I know that they're a very tricky crowd to please. Kind of a bad way to do an interview, I feel like you don't really get to shine in a video interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then did a video interview maybe a week or two later. I then did an online survey a day or two after that and then a store manager e-mailed me to come in for an interview a week later. Unfortunately, I was not in the area since I was at college and had to post-pone the interview for two weeks. When I got back from college I contacted the store manager again and he told me to go to a job fair. I interviewed one on one with a store manager and then I heard back 3-4 days later that I had gotten the job. The one on one interview was very short and took only 4-5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What does good customer service look like?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online, the company emailed me within a few hours after I applied. I was asked to do an online interview via hirevue, 3 hours after my hirevue interview, I received a ethics survey. The next day I was told to come to an in person interview for next week. The interview went well, I'm still waiting on a response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and and within a day I was told to complete an ethics questionnaire. After that I received an email asking if I could come in for a group interview. This particular store that I applied to was looking for new employees for the upcoming summer and fall season and so they were looking to hire immediately. Even though I submitted my resume along with my online application I brought along a paper copy with me as well. Always bring a copy with you just incase the hiring managers don't have it on hand. The interview took place in front of the store. There were several hiring managers and each manager spoke to two potential candidates at the same time. The manager that lead my interview introduced himself and described his role in the company . The first question he asked was "tell me something that you are passionate about"?. Then he asked "what type of personalities do you NOT work well with. Then he asked so why would you want to work for Urban? He went into greater detail in how Urban functions and the work environment at Urban. We finished off the interview with me and the other candidate asking him questions. I signed a background check form and was told I would hear from them within a couple of weeks. Within a couple of days I received a call from the manager offering me the position and that I would start the following weekend. The process took 2 weeks from the time of my application to the point of hire. Overall the hiring process was fast, but this is a big store so I'm unsure if this is the case for every store.

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Champaign, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview took place through a mobile app. I was asked to record my answers to five questions to be reviewed by them later. Once I recorded the answers I could not go back and edit them to re-record them.

Interview Questions

• Draw a picture that you think describes you and explain it in 3 minutes or less.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in April 2015.

Interview

There was a video interview and a group interview. I applied online and heard back from them within a week to do a video interview. I had to answer a few questions on HireVue. After completing that I was e-mailed about attending a group interview. There were around five other candidates and there were three people in management interviewing us. They seemed more interested in getting to know about us and our personalities than anything else.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The initial interview is online where you read the questions from the screen and answer in video form. They give you two practice questions that you can answer unlimited times, to see the format and practice before you do the real interview.
    For the real (online) interview, I was asked four questions. These answers are TIMED and it WILL cut off on you if you're not done! Make sure to keep an eye out for that and manage your time wisely. (If you can't tell from the obvious saltiness here, that happened to me :p)
    It was honestly so much easier than I expected. I was prepared to answer some tough questions, but they really just want to know about how you would be as an employee.
    P.S. I didn't get an offer yet because I just completed the interview about 5 minutes ago!

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my schooling and experience, receiving criticism, and some questions about my personality and style   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I filled out an online application and received a request for a video interview within that week. It was easy but it was timed so it was a bit intimidating, but easy if you are relaxed and show your personality. Shortly received an invitation for an in-store interview afterwards.

Interview Questions

• A time you received negative feedback and how you handled it.   Answer Question