Urban Outfitters

Updated Feb 3, 2015
Updated Feb 3, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

It took them a very long time to get back to me about my application, but setting up the interview only took a few days and then I heard back about a week later. The interview was really relaxed. Basically just got asked about my availability, why I wanted to work there, and maybe one or two other really easy questions. I think they mostly do group interviews although I couldn't make it to the group interview so I did a one-on-one.

Interview Questions
  • What current/upcoming trends do you like right now?   View Answer
None.

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

After being prompted to apply by a friend who had just started working there I applied myself. Applied online, it took about two days from the initial application to receive an email telling me that I'd have a webcam interview. The webcam interview was pretty relaxed since I was by myself and could practice my answers before recording and sending them in. Afterwards there was another two day wait before I was called in for a one on one interview with the stores manager at that time.

With it being Urban I dressed casually [slightly over sized gray vneck, rolled skinny jeans w/ a one knee torn out, a denim/leather jacket, and boots]. The urban at which I applied was one of the more casual I'd seen, the manager was wearing a gray tshirt, a green beanie and jeans w/ no accessories when she interviewed me.

I've never worked in retail before so the interview went great until she started to ask me questions on how I would deal w/ customers and merchandise. Tho I gave "nice" answers I basically bs'd thro the end of it. They called two days later to tell me I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions
    • Given the current fashion trends what do you expect people to be wearing this time next year?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

It was a group interview, with about 20 applicants. One thing I remembered was that someone asked about the employee discount. I think this caused her not to get hired. Don't ask before you're hired!

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember....but in a group interview - participate! be positive! It worked for me   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I first applied online and then waited a few weeks. Then I got an email to fill out an ethics test online. Another week or so passed and I got an email to come to the store for a group interview. The interview went well, but they said nothing after. A week later they emailed me to come in for another group interview. This interview also went well, but they said nothing as we left. Another week later I finally got a call back with a job offer. They told me my pay and I accepted. It was ridiculously drawn out for such a simple position.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I had two interviews. The first one was a group interview but two people did not show up, so it was me and one other individual. The manager interviewed us first and then I got a call two weeks later for an interview with the store manager. Then got hired the week after.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any surprise questions - very straightforward   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I filled out an application and a week later was asked to take a survey. Two weeks later I was invited to a group interview. There were only 3 other people in my group. The interview was laid back and extremely quick. It took less than 10 minutes which was kind of odd. We were asked simple questions like : "why should we hire you?" ,"availability?", "what do you like about Urban Outfitters?" and "What do you know about customer service?" . It was simple but didnt feel like a proper interview.It was very rushed. Overall it was easy and would recommend applying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I first filled out a very detailed application online before being emailed about a group interview. Questions were very simple - we answered in a round robin fashion, with the interviewer even answering the questions herself. Be personable, charming and dress as if you shop at UO if you want a chance at being hired. They hardly care about past retail experience so long as you can answer questions about LP. I was emailed a test to take online before being called about a second interview with the store manager. My second interview was very laid back and took less than 10 minutes. He asked what I do in my spare time to see if I was a good fit; nothing about experience really. Got a call about a week later. Entire process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What is loss prevention? What is your spirit animal? Time you gave great customer service? Best and worst customer experience you've had? Why you want to work at UO? Where you get your fashion inspiration from?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Applied online through the website. Got a call & email from the store I was applying for. Brought in to fill out another application. Brought in to have a group interview with really easy and fun questions. Called back in again to do another interview with similar questions. Was hired by phone.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in November 2014.

Applied online through a pretty simple online application procedure. Received an email about a week later regarding availability for an interview. The initial interview procedure is done in groups of about 4-5 people by an employee. The atmosphere is relaxed as expected and its encouraged that you dress in a way that expresses your typical style. Everything is pretty much done online, no phone calls or anything.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty typical questions that you would expect in such a setting, such as where you shop and such. The most difficult question is was primarily centered around the notion of loss prevention and what actions you would take to help prevent it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Like most people who have reviewed, I applied for the position online. It took about two weeks until I received an e-mail inviting me out for a group interview.

The group I was part of was relatively small (4 people, myself included) and we were each given a mini questionnaire to fill out with simple topic questions like "Tell us a random/interesting fact about yourself" and "What is your spirit animal?" We each took turns reading our responses to the questions to get to know each other, and then the interviewer posed more questions that anyone could jump in and answer.

Overall, the interview was very laid-back and more conversational than anything. The questions weren't anything difficult or unexpected, and the interviewer was very drawn to those who were outgoing and friendly. I definitely had my doubts about landing the position because I have zero prior work experience, let alone retail experience. However, I tried my best to put myself out there as someone who is friendly, easy to get along with, and hard-working. After the interview, we were e-mailed a simple ethics survey to fill out. Two days later I was offered the job!

Interview Questions
    • What do you think makes for a good work environment?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to overcome a difficult problem/obstacle in your life.   Answer Question