Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.2

327 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Group interview - they sat us down in a circle with 6 other people and asked a series of general sales associate related questions. These ranged from how important is it to know the products, how one would deal with a difficult customer over the phone, when is it acceptable to call your manager, etc. It is important to answer early as everyone answers in a circle, so it's easy for answers to be repeated. Saying something original early is the easiest way to get noticed.

Interview Questions
  • If you were helping a customer find a pair of shoes and another customer asked to you help them with another project, what would you do/ how would you prioritize the needs?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Like most people who have reviewed, I applied for the position online. It took about two weeks until I received an e-mail inviting me out for a group interview.

The group I was part of was relatively small (4 people, myself included) and we were each given a mini questionnaire to fill out with simple topic questions like "Tell us a random/interesting fact about yourself" and "What is your spirit animal?" We each took turns reading our responses to the questions to get to know each other, and then the interviewer posed more questions that anyone could jump in and answer.

Overall, the interview was very laid-back and more conversational than anything. The questions weren't anything difficult or unexpected, and the interviewer was very drawn to those who were outgoing and friendly. I definitely had my doubts about landing the position because I have zero prior work experience, let alone retail experience. However, I tried my best to put myself out there as someone who is friendly, easy to get along with, and hard-working. After the interview, we were e-mailed a simple ethics survey to fill out. Two days later I was offered the job!

Interview Questions
    • What do you think makes for a good work environment?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to overcome a difficult problem/obstacle in your life.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I applied through an online application. (I don't think UO does paper applications at all anymore) and a week later received an email asking me to complete a video interview through Hirevue. You record your answers to the questions and it was super laid-back. They asked questions like what was the last time I received challenging feedback and they asked me to draw a picture that represents me, my style, or just anything about me. Then about a week later I received another email asking me to complete an ethics survey. It asks really obvious questions like "Do you think it's ok to get high before work" and stuff like that. Make sure you take your time doing this because I messed up and answered a question wrong and I really thought it ruined my chances. I got an email a couples days later saying that UO wasn't going to be moving forward with my application. However, about two weeks later I got another email asking me to attend a group interview a few days later. When I got to the store, everyone was really nice and there was three other people in my group. Although it's not all UO cares about, they are looking for stylish people so dress like you would if you worked there! From what I saw, there wasn't any other groups there at the time. The interview was again, really laid-back. We took turns asking questions like, "What is you dream job?" and "When is the last time you experienced great customer service?". It seemed like they were just looking for people with an out-going personality and who would work hard and enjoy it while they're doing it. I was just myself and although I have no retail experience I felt it went really good! It lasted about 30 minutes and then we were told we'd here back by the end of the week. The next day I got a call and was offered a position as a sales associate :)

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected! Pretty standard questions about customer service and personality.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase. I really wanted the job and with no retail experience, I was just happy I got an offer.

Sales Associate Interview

it was pretty easy. video interview, questionnaire, then final interview.The company is really nice ands its a good first job. I'm still waiting on to hear back from uo but i have high hopes.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I filled out a form online and then called the specific store I wanted to work at. I told them about my online submission and then they scheduled me for a group interview. Right before the interview, they had me fill out a physical copy of the online application.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2014.

I applied online, the application was really easy. A few days later I got an email about a video interview which was kinda fun. I did it on my phone. It took like 5 minutes. A few days after that I got a call for an interview. It was a group interview with about 6 of us. We dressed casual, like something you would see in urban outfitters. about a week after my interview I was offer the job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't too bad. We were asked about our best and worst job experience. We were asked what job we would do if we could do anything in the world without any worries. We were asked what are some characteristics we would expect our managers/coworkers to have. And we were asked about LP practices   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and a few days later I received an email asking me to complete a survey. After I completed the survey, I received another email asking me to do a video interview, which I never completed. About a week later they emailed me and asked me to come in for a group interview. It was me and 3 other girls. They asked questions like "If you were trapped on a desert island what item would you bring with you" and "describe your style". I noticed that they never really asked questions relating to customer service or our availability. 2 days later I received an email saying that I got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2014.

I went in for an open group interview. It was just me and one other guy. The interview was very casual and didn't take much time. The questions were pretty basic: why do you want to work at Urban Outfitters, describe what a good day at work would be, describe what a bad day at work would be, what would good customer service look like, etc.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have any animal tail, which would you pick and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2014.

Applied online. Nine days later got asked to do a video interview. About a week later I got asked to do a survey, but I didn't have to take it because I filled it out less than sixth months ago for another urban job I applied to, but on the same day I got asked to come to a group interview. There were five of us there (two guys three girls). It was super quick; they asked us like two questions and then just described the position. Four days later I checked my online status and it said "will consider for future opportunities" and I assumed that was a rejection because I had seen that before for other urban jobs I applied to before. BUT four days after that I got a call asking me if I wanted to join the team!! Good things come to those who wait.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have a problem with a customer from a previous job, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Check your email often, even junk mail.

Sales Associate Interview

sent in application got a call about a week later asking me to come in for an interview. pretty standard group interview. went around in a circle and answered basic questions. after the interview they gave us a card to fill out online asking more questions. got a call back offering me the job a few days later.