Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

It went really well. I applied in store. Got an email for an interview a few days later. It was a group interview with about 8 other people. Everyone was given the oppurtunity to talk. Some people dominated the conversation so you really had to fight for your oppurtunity to speak. A few days later I was called for a second interview with the store manager. It went really well. He was super pleasant. Was hired soon after and started working the next week.

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

The interview process took about a month. After you apply they communicate with you via email if they are interested in you. They sent me an email to download Hirevue. Through hirevue i had a video interview. They ask certain questions and you had a specific amount of time to prepare then a specific amount of time to answer.Its not like a skype video interview, you never talk with someone face to face but your answers are saved then sent to the employer. Then they emailed me to attend a group interview with the store manager. There were four of us there and we all got hired. As soon as we arrived to the store a UO employee directed us where to sit and wait. They then gave us a couple of forms to fill out then the interview process started. The manager was very nice. She asked about our experience, why we want to work for them, how we would handle a rude customer. About a week later I got a call offering me the job. *Just make sure that you dress like you work there and be confident. They like their employees to project good vibes*

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in March 2015.

The online application is very brief and includes a few questions that asks about your most recent UO experience, what inspired you to apply, and what you would consider as an ideal day. A few days after I submitted my application, I got an email that asked me to do an online interview. The online interview is not with an actual person, you just get recorded answering a series of questions. A few days after I submitted my online application, I got an email to do an online ethics survey. A few days after I completed the survey, I got an email for another interview at the store location. The interview was one-on-one with just me and the store manager. The store manager mainly asked me to go more in-depth with my online interview answers. The interview was very laid back and I was very comfortable. About a week later, I received a call with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest critique you have ever received and how did you address it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in March 2015.

Basically we were say down in a food court that was nearby the store, it was myself, 3 other girls and a manager. It was really laid back, he cursed a couple times and seemed to not really care about anything. He only asked two irrelevant questions and I felt like I didn't get a fair shot at an interview because he pretty much disregarded the whole thing. It sucked. I'm now waiting to see if anything will come of it. The ONLY two questions that he asked didn't tell much about anyone.

Interview Questions
    • Name two celebrities that you want as your parents?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

It took them a very long time to get back to me about my application, but setting up the interview only took a few days and then I heard back about a week later. The interview was really relaxed. Basically just got asked about my availability, why I wanted to work there, and maybe one or two other really easy questions. I think they mostly do group interviews although I couldn't make it to the group interview so I did a one-on-one.

Interview Questions
    • What current/upcoming trends do you like right now?   View Answer
    None.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in February 2015.

It was a group interview with myself and two other girls. The manager took us to the food court where she asked us basic questions. It was more like a conversation which put us at ease and only lasted 15 min.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you received good customer service and why was it so great?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

After being prompted to apply by a friend who had just started working there I applied myself. Applied online, it took about two days from the initial application to receive an email telling me that I'd have a webcam interview. The webcam interview was pretty relaxed since I was by myself and could practice my answers before recording and sending them in. Afterwards there was another two day wait before I was called in for a one on one interview with the stores manager at that time.

With it being Urban I dressed casually [slightly over sized gray vneck, rolled skinny jeans w/ a one knee torn out, a denim/leather jacket, and boots]. The urban at which I applied was one of the more casual I'd seen, the manager was wearing a gray tshirt, a green beanie and jeans w/ no accessories when she interviewed me.

I've never worked in retail before so the interview went great until she started to ask me questions on how I would deal w/ customers and merchandise. Tho I gave "nice" answers I basically bs'd thro the end of it. They called two days later to tell me I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions
    • Given the current fashion trends what do you expect people to be wearing this time next year?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

It was a group interview, with about 20 applicants. One thing I remembered was that someone asked about the employee discount. I think this caused her not to get hired. Don't ask before you're hired!

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember....but in a group interview - participate! be positive! It worked for me   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I first applied online and then waited a few weeks. Then I got an email to fill out an ethics test online. Another week or so passed and I got an email to come to the store for a group interview. The interview went well, but they said nothing after. A week later they emailed me to come in for another group interview. This interview also went well, but they said nothing as we left. Another week later I finally got a call back with a job offer. They told me my pay and I accepted. It was ridiculously drawn out for such a simple position.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I had two interviews. The first one was a group interview but two people did not show up, so it was me and one other individual. The manager interviewed us first and then I got a call two weeks later for an interview with the store manager. Then got hired the week after.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any surprise questions - very straightforward   Answer Question