Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online, the company emailed me within a few hours after I applied. I was asked to do an online interview via hirevue, 3 hours after my hirevue interview, I received a ethics survey. The next day I was told to come to an in person interview for next week. The interview went well, I'm still waiting on a response.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I filled out an online application and received a request for a video interview within that week. It was easy but it was timed so it was a bit intimidating, but easy if you are relaxed and show your personality. Shortly received an invitation for an in-store interview afterwards.

Interview Questions

• A time you received negative feedback and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Called in for an interview. Usually it is a group interview but because a friend had referred to me, I had a one on one interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received good customer service and why was it so great?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

It went really well. I applied in store. Got an email for an interview a few days later. It was a group interview with about 8 other people. Everyone was given the oppurtunity to talk. Some people dominated the conversation so you really had to fight for your oppurtunity to speak. A few days later I was called for a second interview with the store manager. It went really well. He was super pleasant. Was hired soon after and started working the next week.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

The interview process took about a month. After you apply they communicate with you via email if they are interested in you. They sent me an email to download Hirevue. Through hirevue i had a video interview. They ask certain questions and you had a specific amount of time to prepare then a specific amount of time to answer.Its not like a skype video interview, you never talk with someone face to face but your answers are saved then sent to the employer. Then they emailed me to attend a group interview with the store manager. There were four of us there and we all got hired. As soon as we arrived to the store a UO employee directed us where to sit and wait. They then gave us a couple of forms to fill out then the interview process started. The manager was very nice. She asked about our experience, why we want to work for them, how we would handle a rude customer. About a week later I got a call offering me the job. *Just make sure that you dress like you work there and be confident. They like their employees to project good vibes*

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Santa Cruz, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The online application is very brief and includes a few questions that asks about your most recent UO experience, what inspired you to apply, and what you would consider as an ideal day. A few days after I submitted my application, I got an email that asked me to do an online interview. The online interview is not with an actual person, you just get recorded answering a series of questions. A few days after I submitted my online application, I got an email to do an online ethics survey. A few days after I completed the survey, I got an email for another interview at the store location. The interview was one-on-one with just me and the store manager. The store manager mainly asked me to go more in-depth with my online interview answers. The interview was very laid back and I was very comfortable. About a week later, I received a call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest critique you have ever received and how did you address it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in March 2015.

Interview

Basically we were say down in a food court that was nearby the store, it was myself, 3 other girls and a manager. It was really laid back, he cursed a couple times and seemed to not really care about anything. He only asked two irrelevant questions and I felt like I didn't get a fair shot at an interview because he pretty much disregarded the whole thing. It sucked. I'm now waiting to see if anything will come of it. The ONLY two questions that he asked didn't tell much about anyone.

Interview Questions

• Name two celebrities that you want as your parents?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

The Whole Process took about a 2 Months

First I applied online, then a few days later I recieved an email to do the Video Interview, then 2 months later I got an email to come in for a 2nd interview then 8 days I got a call offering me the job.

For the Video Interview you want to be most creative to score that 2nd interview, I had some Andrew Bird playing softly in the background You have to draw a pic that best describes yourself and personal style. What I did was. I combined two of my favorite styles (grunge look and folk free spirited look) into a a drawing and how it makes me think of the smell of patchouli or Frankinsense What helped me was recording myself before I begin the Video. Advice is don't give up and be unique. Show off what you love, Im big into pure essential oils and organic cooking so I made sure I squeezed that in.. Also I am extremely shy and I attend to forget what I want to say. Before I would prepare days and days but this time I went in and gave honest simple answer. I believed that help the interview see who I really am

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were inspired?   1 Answer

Negotiation

8.75$ an hour.. It took me a while to get a job here, so I accepted the offer and I will work hard to get a rais later down the road.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

It took them a very long time to get back to me about my application, but setting up the interview only took a few days and then I heard back about a week later. The interview was really relaxed. Basically just got asked about my availability, why I wanted to work there, and maybe one or two other really easy questions. I think they mostly do group interviews although I couldn't make it to the group interview so I did a one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• What current/upcoming trends do you like right now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in February 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview with myself and two other girls. The manager took us to the food court where she asked us basic questions. It was more like a conversation which put us at ease and only lasted 15 min.