Urban Outfitters

2.2

335 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I first filled out a very detailed application online before being emailed about a group interview. Questions were very simple - we answered in a round robin fashion, with the interviewer even answering the questions herself. Be personable, charming and dress as if you shop at UO if you want a chance at being hired. They hardly care about past retail experience so long as you can answer questions about LP. I was emailed a test to take online before being called about a second interview with the store manager. My second interview was very laid back and took less than 10 minutes. He asked what I do in my spare time to see if I was a good fit; nothing about experience really. Got a call about a week later. Entire process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
  • What is loss prevention? What is your spirit animal? Time you gave great customer service? Best and worst customer experience you've had? Why you want to work at UO? Where you get your fashion inspiration from?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Applied online through the website. Got a call & email from the store I was applying for. Brought in to fill out another application. Brought in to have a group interview with really easy and fun questions. Called back in again to do another interview with similar questions. Was hired by phone.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Like most people who have reviewed, I applied for the position online. It took about two weeks until I received an e-mail inviting me out for a group interview.

The group I was part of was relatively small (4 people, myself included) and we were each given a mini questionnaire to fill out with simple topic questions like "Tell us a random/interesting fact about yourself" and "What is your spirit animal?" We each took turns reading our responses to the questions to get to know each other, and then the interviewer posed more questions that anyone could jump in and answer.

Overall, the interview was very laid-back and more conversational than anything. The questions weren't anything difficult or unexpected, and the interviewer was very drawn to those who were outgoing and friendly. I definitely had my doubts about landing the position because I have zero prior work experience, let alone retail experience. However, I tried my best to put myself out there as someone who is friendly, easy to get along with, and hard-working. After the interview, we were e-mailed a simple ethics survey to fill out. Two days later I was offered the job!

Interview Questions
    • What do you think makes for a good work environment?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to overcome a difficult problem/obstacle in your life.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Group interview - they sat us down in a circle with 6 other people and asked a series of general sales associate related questions. These ranged from how important is it to know the products, how one would deal with a difficult customer over the phone, when is it acceptable to call your manager, etc. It is important to answer early as everyone answers in a circle, so it's easy for answers to be repeated. Saying something original early is the easiest way to get noticed.

Interview Questions
    • If you were helping a customer find a pair of shoes and another customer asked to you help them with another project, what would you do/ how would you prioritize the needs?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I applied through an online application. (I don't think UO does paper applications at all anymore) and a week later received an email asking me to complete a video interview through Hirevue. You record your answers to the questions and it was super laid-back. They asked questions like what was the last time I received challenging feedback and they asked me to draw a picture that represents me, my style, or just anything about me. Then about a week later I received another email asking me to complete an ethics survey. It asks really obvious questions like "Do you think it's ok to get high before work" and stuff like that. Make sure you take your time doing this because I messed up and answered a question wrong and I really thought it ruined my chances. I got an email a couples days later saying that UO wasn't going to be moving forward with my application. However, about two weeks later I got another email asking me to attend a group interview a few days later. When I got to the store, everyone was really nice and there was three other people in my group. Although it's not all UO cares about, they are looking for stylish people so dress like you would if you worked there! From what I saw, there wasn't any other groups there at the time. The interview was again, really laid-back. We took turns asking questions like, "What is you dream job?" and "When is the last time you experienced great customer service?". It seemed like they were just looking for people with an out-going personality and who would work hard and enjoy it while they're doing it. I was just myself and although I have no retail experience I felt it went really good! It lasted about 30 minutes and then we were told we'd here back by the end of the week. The next day I got a call and was offered a position as a sales associate :)

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected! Pretty standard questions about customer service and personality.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase. I really wanted the job and with no retail experience, I was just happy I got an offer.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2014.

I applied online through their website. A few days later, I checked the status of my application on the site and saw that no updates were made. I called the store and the store manager told me to fill out an online questionnaire. The questionnaire asked about my views on stealing, punctuality, work ethics, etc. The next day I received an email asking to come in for an interview the following day.

The interview was very casual and felt more like a conversation than interview. We sat on a couch while he asked who my fashion inspiration was, if I can handle angry customers, my work history, what I wanted to get out of this job.

At the end of the interview, he offered me the job and said there would be a 30-day trial period and would send over paperwork so I could start.

Sales Associate Interview

it was pretty easy. video interview, questionnaire, then final interview.The company is really nice ands its a good first job. I'm still waiting on to hear back from uo but i have high hopes.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I filled out a form online and then called the specific store I wanted to work at. I told them about my online submission and then they scheduled me for a group interview. Right before the interview, they had me fill out a physical copy of the online application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2014.

I was notified that there was a job fair at several UO locations in Georgia. I went up there with a friend and we got placed in a group of three other people. Two people interviewed us and it was very laid back. I hadn't applied alone yet so I did that once I got home. I was sent an email to do a survey which was easy as well. I received an email to come and meet with the manager for a one-on-one interview. It was a breeze and three days later I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation especially since I am seasonal.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2014.

I applied online, the application was really easy. A few days later I got an email about a video interview which was kinda fun. I did it on my phone. It took like 5 minutes. A few days after that I got a call for an interview. It was a group interview with about 6 of us. We dressed casual, like something you would see in urban outfitters. about a week after my interview I was offer the job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't too bad. We were asked about our best and worst job experience. We were asked what job we would do if we could do anything in the world without any worries. We were asked what are some characteristics we would expect our managers/coworkers to have. And we were asked about LP practices   Answer Question