Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Orlando, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

first you have to apply online, then fill out an ethics questionnaire. Then you will have to do a video interview. 4 questions. Then a one-on-one or group interview. I got one-on-one. He asked about my past work and school experiences, what I like about urban outfitters, if I've had retails experience (I haven't) and what I like to do in my free time. I got hired on the spot basically. He was really chill, not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave great customer service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

idk

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Group interview then brought in for a one on one to scope you out but you most likely got the job by then. Invitation on the same day through the phone to come in for a paid training day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Irvine, CA).

Interview

It was very casual, but be prepared for professional questions. I expected fun and creative questions, but I did not get any like that. I think they look for people that look like models (facially and skinniness) so if you look like the models on their website then you'd be a shoe-in no matter your work experience.

Interview Questions

• Name an experience where you gave or received great customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Assistant manager came in and interviewed a group of us - asked us questions about our experience with customer service and why we wanted to work at urban outfitters. very friendly. we were also asked what our favorite trends at urban outfitters were. a few days later, the manager called to start the following week.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online from the Urban website. I received a video interview request a day later, and completed in two days. About an hour after my video interview I was asked to take an ethics survey. Four days later I was contacted by the store manager asking for a interview. I went in and it was 1-on-1, super casual and welcoming. The video interview were just questions wanting to know more about you, and the in person interview was a bit more about the job and Urban brands. I was hired at the end of my interview and asked about my availability. Super positive experience and quick, easy process.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I received an email asking me to come in for a group interview. I went in for the group interview, which took about 30 minutes, and the next day I got a phone call offering me the position. The interview was pretty easy and very chill. The key is to be yourself and not try to fit the mold that you think they want because at the end of the day what they want is someone authentic and enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply and where do you draw your style inspiration from?   Answer Question
    • What type of customer service store experience do you prefer? Do you have an example of a really great store experience you've had?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in August 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application 8/13 and they sent me a survey 8/15. On 8/17 I was invited to a group interview on 8/20. The interview was only me and some other guy. I thought it would be relaxed and we would both have a chance to talk but the guy was being super competitive, even interrupting me but the hiring manager seemed to like that. My advice is talk as much as you can. After the interview he had us both fill out a paper that asked for our availability hours and for a signature then said "Thank you for coming out guys" and we thanked him back... Haven't heard from them since so I don't know if I got the job or not. Is filling out the schedule paper a good sign???

Interview Questions

• what's a time you broke the rules to be more efficient?   Answer Question
    • If you had a $100 UO gift card what would you spend it on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It was a group interview. I went in with about 10 other people. Interviewed with assistant manager. Very laid back. Went over company history, stocks, benefits, merchandise, etc. They asked several questions and you basically discussed amongst each other your response. They also gave us a tour of the store and were open to any questions.

Interview Questions

• Favorite bands? Describe your style. What would you do in this situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

So after applying online, i got an email to do a video interview. asked 4 questions pretty easy because you can practice as many times as you want, before actually doing the interview. Then i received an email to go to a group interview, it surprised me because it was so quick. i got the email the day after i did the online interview. We were interview in a group of 4 with 2 managers asking us questions. It was pretty relaxed, our interview answers was more like short stories of experiences that related to customer service or loss prevention, stuff like that. We introduced ourselves and then when the questions started the manager said we should just speak whenever. so two people would try to talk and have that awkward "oh nvm you go first" thing. you can tell that everyone tried to one up each other in stories, if you were funny it was a plus. you have to be real outgoing because i was kinda shy since it was my first job interview and i didn't know what to expect. you just have to talk a lot and try to make a funny story or give a funny interesting fact. my downfall was that i didn't have any experience and all the questions was about past experience. so i had to make up a story of random stuff and yea not good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

It was a group interview with about 8 people including myself. They asked pretty relaxed questions and it was over in 30 min or less. If you're the shy type make sure you jump in because i believe that was my downfall. Come dressed in something that expresses you're personal style and be yourself.