Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I filled out an online application and received a request for a video interview within that week. It was easy but it was timed so it was a bit intimidating, but easy if you are relaxed and show your personality. Shortly received an invitation for an in-store interview afterwards.

Interview Questions

• A time you received negative feedback and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

After accepting my online application, they asked me to take part in an online video interview which consisted of 3 different questions and was timed. I got a prompt of each question, about a minute to prepare for it, and then had to start recording during another minute to submit my answers.

Interview Questions

• Draw yourself and items to represent your life and explain why you chose to draw the items that you did.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in April 2015.

Interview

Went into the store to apply and was told that they only accept resumes online. So I applied online, and about a month later was sent an email to fill out a survey which took about half an hour. Some really easy questions, some were more difficult situational questions where I wasn't sure what they were looking for. Best way to fill out the survey is in the mindset of the perfect employee. I was then contacted a few weeks later with an invite to a group interview with a set time and date. Group interview was fun, but they had to split the group in half since it was so large (13 people) and half of us had to stand in another area of the store for about an hour which wasn't the best planning on their behalf. The group interview was very conversational, and casual. Dress like you want the job -- you want to be memorable and show them that you encompass the UO style. A lot of the questions are tojust get to know who you are and what you're about, so relax and be creative. Also be ready to talk about loss prevention and any customer service and retail experience you have. A few hours after the group interview I got an email with an invite to a second interview. This I understood to be a 1-on-1 with the store manager, but when I arrived I realized it was a second round of smaller, group-style interviews again. This was a little disappointing but went about the same as the first group interview. A lot of similar questions asked. Now I'm awaiting to hear back, which I'm hoping will be within the next couple days. Overall the process was lengthly but you meet really interesting people along the way and its a low-stress interview environment.

Interview Questions

• What do you think Urban Outfitters can do towards loss prevention?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online, the company emailed me within a few hours after I applied. I was asked to do an online interview via hirevue, 3 hours after my hirevue interview, I received a ethics survey. The next day I was told to come to an in person interview for next week. The interview went well, I'm still waiting on a response.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (York, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I sent in my covering letter and CV and a few days later was invited to a group interview that consisted of a about 17 people at least! We were asked to sit around in a circle and partake in 3 activities.

The first was to pair up with somebody and find out 3 facts about them to tell the group, it could be anything about yourself - here they are looking at your personality and how you interact with other people.

The second task was a 30 second fire round where you, in private, tell the manager why you love urban outfitters and what makes you unique and more employable than the remainder of the group.

The final task was to go around the store in a few minutes in small groups and find an outfit that was on trend, everything from belts to hats and shoes had to be selected.

Afterwards they told us a bit about themselves and the company and made us fill in availability sheets and thanked us for our time. I was called the next day with an offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I went to the one on 5th Ave. They were having a job fair, and they asked whether we had done the online application. If not it was fine and they made us write our name and email address. They made us wait about 5mins (group interview) and then proceeded to take us upstairs, where we sat in circle. There were 5 of us, and gotta say we were a weird bunch.One lady looked like she was 65. Anyways, the interviewer asked us pretty standard questions. I was a nervous wreck! For it not just being my first interview but also because I really wanted the job. By the end of it I knew I had blown it, but I'm glad I went. I overcame my anxiety! :D

Interview Questions

• If you had to pick two celebrities to be your parents who would it be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Had to do a group interview, which wasn't so bad. Just make sure you make yourself stand out so they remember who you are. Afterwards, if they liked your character and the way you presented yourself, they will call you in for a one on one interview with a lot assistant manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First we introduced ourselves by answering a few questions. Name, age, where were from, favourite brand/ designer, favourite item of clothing and if you were given a £1000 what would you spend it on. After that we were told lots about the company before a second task which was a group one. We had to collaborate with a brand and create a collection with at least 4 pieces, making sure we kept in mind the target market and price range.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ardmore, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Ardmore, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Got back to me within a week or two to set up an interview. First interview was a group interview with two managers asking questions. Very laid back conversation; they just try to get to know you a little. Had a second one on one interview with similar basic questions and how to handle certain situations in the store. Overall very easy, quick process.

Interview Questions

• Who is your celebrity crush and why?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation in which you see a customer put items into their bag (shoplifting)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

The Whole Process took about a 2 Months

First I applied online, then a few days later I recieved an email to do the Video Interview, then 2 months later I got an email to come in for a 2nd interview then 8 days I got a call offering me the job.

For the Video Interview you want to be most creative to score that 2nd interview, I had some Andrew Bird playing softly in the background You have to draw a pic that best describes yourself and personal style. What I did was. I combined two of my favorite styles (grunge look and folk free spirited look) into a a drawing and how it makes me think of the smell of patchouli or Frankinsense What helped me was recording myself before I begin the Video. Advice is don't give up and be unique. Show off what you love, Im big into pure essential oils and organic cooking so I made sure I squeezed that in.. Also I am extremely shy and I attend to forget what I want to say. Before I would prepare days and days but this time I went in and gave honest simple answer. I believed that help the interview see who I really am

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were inspired?   1 Answer

Negotiation

8.75$ an hour.. It took me a while to get a job here, so I accepted the offer and I will work hard to get a rais later down the road.