Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Thousand Oaks, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

First you apply online. Its super simple. Then you'll receive a confirmation email and you'll have to take a survey to basically review your people skills and basic math skills. Then if they like you, you'll do a video interview where you have to answer questions displayed on a screen. This was slightly offensive because they need to see your face before they even sort of allow you to talk to get a real interview. Then they'll call you in for a one on one interview where they ask you a few simple questions and tell you how they will give you a lot of hours and pay raise opportunities. This is a huge lie. Everyone except for the managers receives about 8-12 hours a week with minimum wage pay and no comission.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is the most important thing to do as an employee   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Orlando, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

first you have to apply online, then fill out an ethics questionnaire. Then you will have to do a video interview. 4 questions. Then a one-on-one or group interview. I got one-on-one. He asked about my past work and school experiences, what I like about urban outfitters, if I've had retails experience (I haven't) and what I like to do in my free time. I got hired on the spot basically. He was really chill, not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave great customer service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

idk

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Dallas, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

I walked into the store and requested a paper application. I filled out the app and after turning it was asked to stick around for a second so the mens dept manager could talk with me. He asked me some standard questions about my past work experience and why I wanted to work for UO. After that he told me that he would call me back to schedule a sit down interview. I got a call back a couple of days later and came in the same week for a group interview. I was hired the same week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UO?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Baltimore, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

In the midst of the relentless summer sun, autumn feels like a lifetime away. In truth, only three short months separate us from crisper days, changing leaves, and most of all, a fresh season to explore new trends and styles. While the cooler temperatures always mean revisiting light layering and cozy knits, this fall is an opportunity to continue exploring your personal autumn-inspired wardrobe. Here are just a few items on my wishlist for this fall to get you energized and inspired to create your own!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Group interview then brought in for a one on one to scope you out but you most likely got the job by then. Invitation on the same day through the phone to come in for a paid training day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Irvine, CA).

Interview

It was very casual, but be prepared for professional questions. I expected fun and creative questions, but I did not get any like that. I think they look for people that look like models (facially and skinniness) so if you look like the models on their website then you'd be a shoe-in no matter your work experience.

Interview Questions

• Name an experience where you gave or received great customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by an in person review then another interview over the phone with HR. The background check took almost two weeks. Overall it was a good interview with typicaL questions. Make sure you ask them questions and to be positive you are a fit just as they think

Interview Questions

• How do I handle conflict in the work place? With co workers, with customers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Madison, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a very long interview process, it took about 2-3 weeks for me to get an in person interview even though it wasn't a very serious job. I had to create a profile on their website, after about a week I received an email inviting me to do a video interview where I answered a couple randomized questions about my work experience and personally asking about me. (they strongly encourage you to be yourself and act outgoing, it was very laidback.) After that I got a call a week later to do an in person interview, they didn't actually ask any serious questions then they just asked me about myself and what I plan on doing in the future and then they offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• What's a word you would use to describe yourself and how would it be a good fit in UO?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Assistant manager came in and interviewed a group of us - asked us questions about our experience with customer service and why we wanted to work at urban outfitters. very friendly. we were also asked what our favorite trends at urban outfitters were. a few days later, the manager called to start the following week.

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (State College, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

Brought you into hotel conference room with everyone interviewing at the same time. I could hear the other employees asking the candidates same questions that I would be getting and correct her on how to answer the question. Score for me! Lose for her - the lack of privacy was a bit embarrassing as they asked you how you would deal with a shoplifter, what kind of music you listen to, what you do in your free time, and other weird questions that only quirky UO people would ask.

Interview Questions

• If you saw someone shoplifting at the store, how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer