Urban Outfitters

Updated Feb 3, 2015
Updated Feb 3, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

It took them a very long time to get back to me about my application, but setting up the interview only took a few days and then I heard back about a week later. The interview was really relaxed. Basically just got asked about my availability, why I wanted to work there, and maybe one or two other really easy questions. I think they mostly do group interviews although I couldn't make it to the group interview so I did a one-on-one.

Interview Questions
  • What current/upcoming trends do you like right now?   View Answer
None.

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

After being prompted to apply by a friend who had just started working there I applied myself. Applied online, it took about two days from the initial application to receive an email telling me that I'd have a webcam interview. The webcam interview was pretty relaxed since I was by myself and could practice my answers before recording and sending them in. Afterwards there was another two day wait before I was called in for a one on one interview with the stores manager at that time.

With it being Urban I dressed casually [slightly over sized gray vneck, rolled skinny jeans w/ a one knee torn out, a denim/leather jacket, and boots]. The urban at which I applied was one of the more casual I'd seen, the manager was wearing a gray tshirt, a green beanie and jeans w/ no accessories when she interviewed me.

I've never worked in retail before so the interview went great until she started to ask me questions on how I would deal w/ customers and merchandise. Tho I gave "nice" answers I basically bs'd thro the end of it. They called two days later to tell me I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions
    • Given the current fashion trends what do you expect people to be wearing this time next year?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in November 2014.

Applied online through a pretty simple online application procedure. Received an email about a week later regarding availability for an interview. The initial interview procedure is done in groups of about 4-5 people by an employee. The atmosphere is relaxed as expected and its encouraged that you dress in a way that expresses your typical style. Everything is pretty much done online, no phone calls or anything.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty typical questions that you would expect in such a setting, such as where you shop and such. The most difficult question is was primarily centered around the notion of loss prevention and what actions you would take to help prevent it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2014.

You apply online and a couple of days later you get an email to do a survey. These are basically questions regarding loss prevention and general morality in the workplace. After this, a couple of days later (if you get through to the next round) you get an email asking to do a video interview. There's no person at the other side of the camera...it just asks you questions then gives you about a minute to think about your answer then about 2 minutes to answer (sorry if my time is a little bit off). A week later, you will get an email asking to come in for a group interview. The questions at the group interview are very casual and are meant to see if you have a bubbly personality! For example one of the questions I was asked was "if you could have dinner with any person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?" Finally....about a week later I got a call saying I was hired!

Interview Questions
    • If you could have dinner with one person dead or alive who would it be and why?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have with retail, if any?   Answer Question
    • Draw a picture of yourself and explain it!   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. You can negotiate your hours though because they are very flexible!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

It was a group interview, with about 20 applicants. One thing I remembered was that someone asked about the employee discount. I think this caused her not to get hired. Don't ask before you're hired!

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember....but in a group interview - participate! be positive! It worked for me   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2014.

Interviewed online and recieved an email saying that I had to take a quiz and once I finished the quiz I had to sign up for a day to do the interview. It was a group of 4 of us during the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I first applied online and then waited a few weeks. Then I got an email to fill out an ethics test online. Another week or so passed and I got an email to come to the store for a group interview. The interview went well, but they said nothing after. A week later they emailed me to come in for another group interview. This interview also went well, but they said nothing as we left. Another week later I finally got a call back with a job offer. They told me my pay and I accepted. It was ridiculously drawn out for such a simple position.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I had two interviews. The first one was a group interview but two people did not show up, so it was me and one other individual. The manager interviewed us first and then I got a call two weeks later for an interview with the store manager. Then got hired the week after.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any surprise questions - very straightforward   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I filled out an application and a week later was asked to take a survey. Two weeks later I was invited to a group interview. There were only 3 other people in my group. The interview was laid back and extremely quick. It took less than 10 minutes which was kind of odd. We were asked simple questions like : "why should we hire you?" ,"availability?", "what do you like about Urban Outfitters?" and "What do you know about customer service?" . It was simple but didnt feel like a proper interview.It was very rushed. Overall it was easy and would recommend applying.

Sales Associate Interview

You start off with a video interview where you're given 3-4 questions and have to record your answers for 3-5 minutes. Just be clever and creative with your answers. If you're quirky, definitely show it. Be yourself essentially. Once you pass that round, you're going to do 1-2 group interviews where it's basically just a conversation with the interviewer and the rest of the candidates. Make sure you're trying to give your input, they like candidates that are outgoing.

Interview Questions
    • The hard ones are the ones dealing with customer interaction. Mostly hard for me since I haven't done retail before.

- If you were a pair of shoes, what pair would you be?
      - Say you see someone suspicious of shoplifting, how do you address the issue?

Answer Question