Urban Outfitters

2.2

333 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in November 2013.

They do a round of "group interviews" where possible candidates are called before one-on-one interviews, and ask very general questions about fashion taste, music inspirations and such. Then, they call you in for a one-on-one interview and make you take a "work morals" quiz online

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I was looking at the jewellery at Urban Outfitters when an employee asked me if I was looking for a job. We talked for a few minutes and he made me pay for what I wanted to buy. I told him I'd come back with my resume but he suggested to go applyonline first. I applied online the same night, it was on a Friday.
    On the following Tuesday, I got an e-mail inviting me to come to the in-store Job Fair. I went, they ask you to dress casual, as you would if you worked for the store. I had a group interview, we were three and the manager didn't ask hard questions (which book would you turn into a movie if you could, waht kind of music do you listen to, what do you have that you could bring to a team, etc.)
    I left feeling good about the interview and then 24h later I was sent the Opinion Survey ( that you have to answer as a goody two shoe or like you were answering it for your grandmother).

Four days later I got an e-mail telling me I had the job!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Applied online through the website. Got a call & email from the store I was applying for. Brought in to fill out another application. Brought in to have a group interview with really easy and fun questions. Called back in again to do another interview with similar questions. Was hired by phone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2014.

I was notified that there was a job fair at several UO locations in Georgia. I went up there with a friend and we got placed in a group of three other people. Two people interviewed us and it was very laid back. I hadn't applied alone yet so I did that once I got home. I was sent an email to do a survey which was easy as well. I received an email to come and meet with the manager for a one-on-one interview. It was a breeze and three days later I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation especially since I am seasonal.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2014.

I applied online through their website. A few days later, I checked the status of my application on the site and saw that no updates were made. I called the store and the store manager told me to fill out an online questionnaire. The questionnaire asked about my views on stealing, punctuality, work ethics, etc. The next day I received an email asking to come in for an interview the following day.

The interview was very casual and felt more like a conversation than interview. We sat on a couch while he asked who my fashion inspiration was, if I can handle angry customers, my work history, what I wanted to get out of this job.

At the end of the interview, he offered me the job and said there would be a 30-day trial period and would send over paperwork so I could start.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in November 2012.

*THIS WAS BEFORE UO STARTED THE ONLINE PROFILES* (got hired 2 years ago), had a group interview, if the manager liked you/if you stood out they gave you a paper for a survey and if you passed you basically get hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters in July 2013.

Found they were hiring online, filled out an application. Online application included many detailed questions aimed at evaluating your character and style. Was invited for a group interview. There were probably at least 50 people there by the time I arrived. We were asked to line up and called forward to tables in groups of 8 or so for the group interview conducted by one of the current employees. They were friendly enough. The employer was placing a star next to applicants names on a sheet of paper (only one at my table was starred), who I imagined they were deciding to give call back interviews too. Overall, not as intimidating as a group interview can appear.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a customer who was trying to steal something?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a confrontation in store?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in May 2013.

I got to the location 30 mins early and then had to wait an extra 20 mins, bc the guy who was interviewing use was busy doing something else. I was grouped with about 7 other people, and we asked questions that were mostly about customer service and loss and theft prevention. I have no retail experience, so I basically used common sense. I knew I wasn't going to get the job, because this girl on my group had worked at Value Village and had a great amount of knowledge on loss prevention etc. ply s she was really cool and witty. We were dismissed and told today we will be contacted soon if we got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2014.

Applied online. Nine days later got asked to do a video interview. About a week later I got asked to do a survey, but I didn't have to take it because I filled it out less than sixth months ago for another urban job I applied to, but on the same day I got asked to come to a group interview. There were five of us there (two guys three girls). It was super quick; they asked us like two questions and then just described the position. Four days later I checked my online status and it said "will consider for future opportunities" and I assumed that was a rejection because I had seen that before for other urban jobs I applied to before. BUT four days after that I got a call asking me if I wanted to join the team!! Good things come to those who wait.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have a problem with a customer from a previous job, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Check your email often, even junk mail.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2014.

I went in for an open group interview. It was just me and one other guy. The interview was very casual and didn't take much time. The questions were pretty basic: why do you want to work at Urban Outfitters, describe what a good day at work would be, describe what a bad day at work would be, what would good customer service look like, etc.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have any animal tail, which would you pick and why?   Answer Question