Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Washington, DC) in October 2012.

Interview

I first had a group interview where some general and quirky questions were asked. Seemed more like they were testing your ability to engage with them rather than your answers. After that I had a one on one interview with a manager which was relatively short and I was hired a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what album I would bring to a desert island.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It was a group interview. I went in with about 10 other people. Interviewed with assistant manager. Very laid back. Went over company history, stocks, benefits, merchandise, etc. They asked several questions and you basically discussed amongst each other your response. They also gave us a tour of the store and were open to any questions.

Interview Questions

• Favorite bands? Describe your style. What would you do in this situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

The first step of the interview is a video interview. The website asks you around 4 questions and you record yourself answering them. They are mostly questions about your personality and customer service. Then they send you an ethics survey that is timed. If you pass that then they bring you in for a group interview. It is very relaxed and casual and all the questions are basically about your personality and some of it is about your experience with customer service.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Process took 3 days to get back to me. They emailed me wanting a video interview. It was relatively easy but awkward, it's just you speaking to a webcam and you'll send it in for them to review later. Be prepared, theres no redos for the questions, once you answer or time runs out it automatically sends. A week later they got back to me with no offer, and just thanked me for applying. For the video interview, since they're finally putting a face to the resume, dress up like an employee from UO usually would. The video interview just really is them trying to get to know you more past the online resume and application. They'll ask stuff about you and see if you fit their image basically.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you received or gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question
    • What are some of your hobbies and things you like to do in your spare time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I had a group interview with about 5 other people. Everyone got a chance to answer the same question while sitting in a circle. The manager interviewing was nice and listened to everyone's answers

Interview Questions

• If you could be a famous person for a day who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in July 2015.

Interview

Saw through Instagram that UO was hiring for a new store opening near me and filled out the online application. About a week or so later they sent me an e-mail to do a video interview of myself, but was at a festival without cell service at the time so was unable to do it. They thankfully sent out a second video request several days after and I completed it. It's little weird since it's kind of like you're talking to yourself, I felt mine went horribly but still got a call-back to come to a group interview. Group interview was super relaxed and was with four other people. Try to be the first one to answer initially because the SM seemed to love the enthusiasm, and definitely make sure to highlight your love for the company/brand. Be relaxed and yourself, and if you have an artistic side, definitely make sure you show it. About a week and a half after the group interview I got a call-back from the manager offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you received good customer service? Tell us about a time you had an upset customer and how you handled it. Where do you draw your fashion inspiration from?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Charlotte, NC) in March 2011.

Interview

Small group interview lasting about 20 minutes. Sometimes second interviews are conducted one on one. There are always a lot of fashionistas at Urban interviews, but don't be intimidated. They are looking for style but personality is important too. It's important to be as relaxed as possible. Show that you are getting along with the other applicants.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Normal group process, with a normal set of questions. And I got an email even before I got home. I don't think they pay well, especially when someone has an extensive retail background.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

So after applying online, i got an email to do a video interview. asked 4 questions pretty easy because you can practice as many times as you want, before actually doing the interview. Then i received an email to go to a group interview, it surprised me because it was so quick. i got the email the day after i did the online interview. We were interview in a group of 4 with 2 managers asking us questions. It was pretty relaxed, our interview answers was more like short stories of experiences that related to customer service or loss prevention, stuff like that. We introduced ourselves and then when the questions started the manager said we should just speak whenever. so two people would try to talk and have that awkward "oh nvm you go first" thing. you can tell that everyone tried to one up each other in stories, if you were funny it was a plus. you have to be real outgoing because i was kinda shy since it was my first job interview and i didn't know what to expect. you just have to talk a lot and try to make a funny story or give a funny interesting fact. my downfall was that i didn't have any experience and all the questions was about past experience. so i had to make up a story of random stuff and yea not good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Portland, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

Completed an application online and then was sent an invite for a video interview where I recorded 2-3 minute answers to three questions. After that I was invited to group interview in the store with 5 other people in which we all took turns answering the same get-to-know you questions in a circle. I then had a final in-person one-on-one interview with the store manager with more personalized question about my style, schedule, and plans. Not hard interviews, but lengthy process.

Interview Questions

• If you could live anywhere, where would it be? What is your can't-live-without clothing item? Describe your ideal day off. What are your perceptions about the company? Its customer service?   Answer Question