Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.2

323 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Group interview - they sat us down in a circle with 6 other people and asked a series of general sales associate related questions. These ranged from how important is it to know the products, how one would deal with a difficult customer over the phone, when is it acceptable to call your manager, etc. It is important to answer early as everyone answers in a circle, so it's easy for answers to be repeated. Saying something original early is the easiest way to get noticed.

Interview Questions
  • If you were helping a customer find a pair of shoes and another customer asked to you help them with another project, what would you do/ how would you prioritize the needs?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in May 2014.

Interviewed on the floor. Was asked questions to get to know us . I didn't have experience and I was in School so I believe that hurt my chances. Very easy. Just have fun. Be outgoing. Be yourself. Dress as if you shop there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Beach, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters in November 2013.

It's was pretty easy nothing but three questions I was interviewed with a group tried to answer every question first tired to stand out the most so that I would be remembered

Interview Questions
    • Why urban, what's your style and what your past retail experience   Answer Question
    9 am hour

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online, filled out a survey, and had to do a video interview. It was a very easy process. A few days later they asked me to come in for a group interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2014.

I applied online, the application was really easy. A few days later I got an email about a video interview which was kinda fun. I did it on my phone. It took like 5 minutes. A few days after that I got a call for an interview. It was a group interview with about 6 of us. We dressed casual, like something you would see in urban outfitters. about a week after my interview I was offer the job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't too bad. We were asked about our best and worst job experience. We were asked what job we would do if we could do anything in the world without any worries. We were asked what are some characteristics we would expect our managers/coworkers to have. And we were asked about LP practices   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I applied through an online application. (I don't think UO does paper applications at all anymore) and a week later received an email asking me to complete a video interview through Hirevue. You record your answers to the questions and it was super laid-back. They asked questions like what was the last time I received challenging feedback and they asked me to draw a picture that represents me, my style, or just anything about me. Then about a week later I received another email asking me to complete an ethics survey. It asks really obvious questions like "Do you think it's ok to get high before work" and stuff like that. Make sure you take your time doing this because I messed up and answered a question wrong and I really thought it ruined my chances. I got an email a couples days later saying that UO wasn't going to be moving forward with my application. However, about two weeks later I got another email asking me to attend a group interview a few days later. When I got to the store, everyone was really nice and there was three other people in my group. Although it's not all UO cares about, they are looking for stylish people so dress like you would if you worked there! From what I saw, there wasn't any other groups there at the time. The interview was again, really laid-back. We took turns asking questions like, "What is you dream job?" and "When is the last time you experienced great customer service?". It seemed like they were just looking for people with an out-going personality and who would work hard and enjoy it while they're doing it. I was just myself and although I have no retail experience I felt it went really good! It lasted about 30 minutes and then we were told we'd here back by the end of the week. The next day I got a call and was offered a position as a sales associate :)

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected! Pretty standard questions about customer service and personality.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase. I really wanted the job and with no retail experience, I was just happy I got an offer.

Sales Associate Interview

it was pretty easy. video interview, questionnaire, then final interview.The company is really nice ands its a good first job. I'm still waiting on to hear back from uo but i have high hopes.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I filled out a form online and then called the specific store I wanted to work at. I told them about my online submission and then they scheduled me for a group interview. Right before the interview, they had me fill out a physical copy of the online application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in September 2014.

They first had me fill out the general information and also asked for a resume, standard protocol. About two days later, I got an email stating that they wanted a video interview. In the video interview, they ask five questions and you have to answer them on the spot. This is where you want to shine, and try to be different than the other candidates for the job. The questions aren't hard, some of them are pretty fun! (for example, they ask you to draw three things and explain why you drew them). If they liked your video interview, then they will request an actual interview with the store manager. Usually it is a group interview, but I got a one-on-one interview which I thought went really well. The manager told me that I would hear from them in upcoming week. Two days later, I received an email stating that I needed to answer their ethics quiz. the quiz is about 78 questions and they ask you about specific scenarios and whether you agree or disagree on the action that was taken. Really easy, just use your common sense. About three days after the quiz, I received another email stating that they wanted a second interview, which I will be going to tomorrow. The most important trick is to be yourself and to not try so hard to be someone you're not. Answer the questions honestly and if they think you're the right fit, you'll get the job!!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when something didn't go your way and how you adjusted to the circumstances?   Answer Question

I didn't decline, I haven't had my second interview yet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in January 2014.

Group interview with about 10 others. Basic questions about customer service, how you would handle a rude customer, what you think about loss prevention, how you know the company, and what you would bring to the table