Urban Outfitters

Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.2

336 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I filled out an application and a week later was asked to take a survey. Two weeks later I was invited to a group interview. There were only 3 other people in my group. The interview was laid back and extremely quick. It took less than 10 minutes which was kind of odd. We were asked simple questions like : "why should we hire you?" ,"availability?", "what do you like about Urban Outfitters?" and "What do you know about customer service?" . It was simple but didnt feel like a proper interview.It was very rushed. Overall it was easy and would recommend applying.

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2014.

You start off with a video interview where you're given 3-4 questions and have to record your answers for 3-5 minutes. Just be clever and creative with your answers. If you're quirky, definitely show it. Be yourself essentially. Once you pass that round, you're going to do 1-2 group interviews where it's basically just a conversation with the interviewer and the rest of the candidates. Make sure you're trying to give your input, they like candidates that are outgoing.

Interview Questions
    • The hard ones are the ones dealing with customer interaction. Mostly hard for me since I haven't done retail before.

- If you were a pair of shoes, what pair would you be?
      - Say you see someone suspicious of shoplifting, how do you address the issue?

Answer Question
    Minimum Wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I first filled out a very detailed application online before being emailed about a group interview. Questions were very simple - we answered in a round robin fashion, with the interviewer even answering the questions herself. Be personable, charming and dress as if you shop at UO if you want a chance at being hired. They hardly care about past retail experience so long as you can answer questions about LP. I was emailed a test to take online before being called about a second interview with the store manager. My second interview was very laid back and took less than 10 minutes. He asked what I do in my spare time to see if I was a good fit; nothing about experience really. Got a call about a week later. Entire process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What is loss prevention? What is your spirit animal? Time you gave great customer service? Best and worst customer experience you've had? Why you want to work at UO? Where you get your fashion inspiration from?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in November 2013.

They do a round of "group interviews" where possible candidates are called before one-on-one interviews, and ask very general questions about fashion taste, music inspirations and such. Then, they call you in for a one-on-one interview and make you take a "work morals" quiz online

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I was looking at the jewellery at Urban Outfitters when an employee asked me if I was looking for a job. We talked for a few minutes and he made me pay for what I wanted to buy. I told him I'd come back with my resume but he suggested to go applyonline first. I applied online the same night, it was on a Friday.
    On the following Tuesday, I got an e-mail inviting me to come to the in-store Job Fair. I went, they ask you to dress casual, as you would if you worked for the store. I had a group interview, we were three and the manager didn't ask hard questions (which book would you turn into a movie if you could, waht kind of music do you listen to, what do you have that you could bring to a team, etc.)
    I left feeling good about the interview and then 24h later I was sent the Opinion Survey ( that you have to answer as a goody two shoe or like you were answering it for your grandmother).

Four days later I got an e-mail telling me I had the job!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Applied online through the website. Got a call & email from the store I was applying for. Brought in to fill out another application. Brought in to have a group interview with really easy and fun questions. Called back in again to do another interview with similar questions. Was hired by phone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2014.

I was notified that there was a job fair at several UO locations in Georgia. I went up there with a friend and we got placed in a group of three other people. Two people interviewed us and it was very laid back. I hadn't applied alone yet so I did that once I got home. I was sent an email to do a survey which was easy as well. I received an email to come and meet with the manager for a one-on-one interview. It was a breeze and three days later I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation especially since I am seasonal.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2014.

I applied online through their website. A few days later, I checked the status of my application on the site and saw that no updates were made. I called the store and the store manager told me to fill out an online questionnaire. The questionnaire asked about my views on stealing, punctuality, work ethics, etc. The next day I received an email asking to come in for an interview the following day.

The interview was very casual and felt more like a conversation than interview. We sat on a couch while he asked who my fashion inspiration was, if I can handle angry customers, my work history, what I wanted to get out of this job.

At the end of the interview, he offered me the job and said there would be a 30-day trial period and would send over paperwork so I could start.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in November 2012.

*THIS WAS BEFORE UO STARTED THE ONLINE PROFILES* (got hired 2 years ago), had a group interview, if the manager liked you/if you stood out they gave you a paper for a survey and if you passed you basically get hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters in July 2013.

Found they were hiring online, filled out an application. Online application included many detailed questions aimed at evaluating your character and style. Was invited for a group interview. There were probably at least 50 people there by the time I arrived. We were asked to line up and called forward to tables in groups of 8 or so for the group interview conducted by one of the current employees. They were friendly enough. The employer was placing a star next to applicants names on a sheet of paper (only one at my table was starred), who I imagined they were deciding to give call back interviews too. Overall, not as intimidating as a group interview can appear.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a customer who was trying to steal something?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a confrontation in store?   Answer Question