Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

After accepting my online application, they asked me to take part in an online video interview which consisted of 3 different questions and was timed. I got a prompt of each question, about a minute to prepare for it, and then had to start recording during another minute to submit my answers.

Interview Questions

• Draw yourself and items to represent your life and explain why you chose to draw the items that you did.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

After being prompted to apply by a friend who had just started working there I applied myself. Applied online, it took about two days from the initial application to receive an email telling me that I'd have a webcam interview. The webcam interview was pretty relaxed since I was by myself and could practice my answers before recording and sending them in. Afterwards there was another two day wait before I was called in for a one on one interview with the stores manager at that time.

With it being Urban I dressed casually [slightly over sized gray vneck, rolled skinny jeans w/ a one knee torn out, a denim/leather jacket, and boots]. The urban at which I applied was one of the more casual I'd seen, the manager was wearing a gray tshirt, a green beanie and jeans w/ no accessories when she interviewed me.

I've never worked in retail before so the interview went great until she started to ask me questions on how I would deal w/ customers and merchandise. Tho I gave "nice" answers I basically bs'd thro the end of it. They called two days later to tell me I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions

• Given the current fashion trends what do you expect people to be wearing this time next year?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

It was a group interview, with about 20 applicants. One thing I remembered was that someone asked about the employee discount. I think this caused her not to get hired. Don't ask before you're hired!

Interview Questions

• I don't remember....but in a group interview - participate! be positive! It worked for me   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I went to the one on 5th Ave. They were having a job fair, and they asked whether we had done the online application. If not it was fine and they made us write our name and email address. They made us wait about 5mins (group interview) and then proceeded to take us upstairs, where we sat in circle. There were 5 of us, and gotta say we were a weird bunch.One lady looked like she was 65. Anyways, the interviewer asked us pretty standard questions. I was a nervous wreck! For it not just being my first interview but also because I really wanted the job. By the end of it I knew I had blown it, but I'm glad I went. I overcame my anxiety! :D

Interview Questions

• If you had to pick two celebrities to be your parents who would it be?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I first applied online and then waited a few weeks. Then I got an email to fill out an ethics test online. Another week or so passed and I got an email to come to the store for a group interview. The interview went well, but they said nothing after. A week later they emailed me to come in for another group interview. This interview also went well, but they said nothing as we left. Another week later I finally got a call back with a job offer. They told me my pay and I accepted. It was ridiculously drawn out for such a simple position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first one was a group interview but two people did not show up, so it was me and one other individual. The manager interviewed us first and then I got a call two weeks later for an interview with the store manager. Then got hired the week after.

Interview Questions

• There were not any surprise questions - very straightforward   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I filled out an application and a week later was asked to take a survey. Two weeks later I was invited to a group interview. There were only 3 other people in my group. The interview was laid back and extremely quick. It took less than 10 minutes which was kind of odd. We were asked simple questions like : "why should we hire you?" ,"availability?", "what do you like about Urban Outfitters?" and "What do you know about customer service?" . It was simple but didnt feel like a proper interview.It was very rushed. Overall it was easy and would recommend applying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I first filled out a very detailed application online before being emailed about a group interview. Questions were very simple - we answered in a round robin fashion, with the interviewer even answering the questions herself. Be personable, charming and dress as if you shop at UO if you want a chance at being hired. They hardly care about past retail experience so long as you can answer questions about LP. I was emailed a test to take online before being called about a second interview with the store manager. My second interview was very laid back and took less than 10 minutes. He asked what I do in my spare time to see if I was a good fit; nothing about experience really. Got a call about a week later. Entire process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is loss prevention? What is your spirit animal? Time you gave great customer service? Best and worst customer experience you've had? Why you want to work at UO? Where you get your fashion inspiration from?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Applied online through the website. Got a call & email from the store I was applying for. Brought in to fill out another application. Brought in to have a group interview with really easy and fun questions. Called back in again to do another interview with similar questions. Was hired by phone.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online through a pretty simple online application procedure. Received an email about a week later regarding availability for an interview. The initial interview procedure is done in groups of about 4-5 people by an employee. The atmosphere is relaxed as expected and its encouraged that you dress in a way that expresses your typical style. Everything is pretty much done online, no phone calls or anything.

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical questions that you would expect in such a setting, such as where you shop and such. The most difficult question is was primarily centered around the notion of loss prevention and what actions you would take to help prevent it.   Answer Question