Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

First, I applied online for an available sales associate position and filled out everything including a resume and what not. A day later, I got an email inviting me to do the video interview where I was asked four different questions (no live person was interviewing me). Two days later, I got a survey just checking my work ethics like whether or not I considered smoking on the job acceptable. Afterwards, I got no confirmation email back, but got a phone call two days later from the hiring manager with whom I scheduled an interview. I didn't have to go through the group interview, and had a very chill one on one interview with the hiring manager. The next day, I got a call saying I was hired! I just had to fill out some forms in an email afterwards, but that was it.

Interview Questions

• To you, what is good customer service?   Answer Question
  • What makes you you? What are your hobbies and interests?   Answer Question
  • Why choose to apply for a job at UO?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if you see a coworker who started working at the same time as you stealing?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Aventura, FL).

Interview

I walked into the store and asked if they were hiring and they told me to apply online. On the website they asked some really personal questions that really have nothing to do with working like what kind of music do you like, describe your style, do you follow any fashion blogs, etc. I got an email for an interview and it said to dress casual but of course that meant dress to impress. It was a group interview with about 4 other candidates. The manager took us outside the store and asked questions and people had to kind of answer at their own will. You can tell it was a competition. Again, they asked really random and shallow questions. I got an email back within 10 minutes saying I was hired but never saw any of the other people who were interviewed. Then I had another interview with another manager a few days later and she told me I was hired.

Interview Questions

• If you could do anything for a day what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Orlando, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

I've been a loyal shopper at UO for about 8 years now, I've always loved the store and it's safe to say that I've dropped quite a bit of money in there over the years so naturally I'd want to work there. I saw that they were hiring at my UO store and I applied online and was emailed the very next day asking me to do a video interview, to which I did. The video interview is awkward, I must say, it is basically a webcam interview on your computer or through your mobile phone and questions appear on the screen and you have to record yourself answering them and the questions are timed, usually about a minute, sometimes a little over and it WILL cut you off even if you aren't finished with your answer. Overall, I think it went pretty well and I was as honest as I could be and as "natural" as I could I guess you could say. I was asked about why I'd be good for the position, my past work experience, one thing I can't live without, etc and I answered them all pretty flawlessly I think, especially since I usually tend to stumble with my words and stutter when I'm nervous and I didn't do that once. The interview lasted about 5 minutes and once it was done, I got another email telling me that it had been successfully submitted and that someone from UO would contact me with the next steps.

It's been almost a week and I haven't heard anything. No emails, no calls, so I don't know if I should still remain hopeful or just accept the fact that I may not have gotten it. I recently got declined a job from Anthropologie too, which is owned by the same company as UO so I know that they're a very tricky crowd to please. Kind of a bad way to do an interview, I feel like you don't really get to shine in a video interview.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online at the beginning of May, and at the end of May I received an ethics survey. When I completed it, I got an e-mail asking me to come to a group interview held at the store. I arrived, and no one seemed to know what to do with me while waiting for the manager who was late. I walked around the store and about 20 minutes after the scheduled interview time a manager gathered all the applicants and took us to interview. There were 5 of us and they asked very superficial questions and didn't appear to be listening to our answers. It lasted about 15 minutes and then they said they would e-mail us a few days later letting us know if we got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then did a video interview maybe a week or two later. I then did an online survey a day or two after that and then a store manager e-mailed me to come in for an interview a week later. Unfortunately, I was not in the area since I was at college and had to post-pone the interview for two weeks. When I got back from college I contacted the store manager again and he told me to go to a job fair. I interviewed one on one with a store manager and then I heard back 3-4 days later that I had gotten the job. The one on one interview was very short and took only 4-5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What does good customer service look like?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Knoxville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

I filled out the online application first, and maybe one or two days later they sent me an ethics survey. It takes about 15 minutes to complete (it was timed!) and it's 75 questions so make sure you're not distracted for this portion of the interview process. Probably a day after the ethics survey was submitted, I was emailed and invited to a group interview! Dress how you would if you worked there - they are fashion conscious but also want you to express your own style. As long as you are clean and presentable you will be fine. There were six of us at the group interview, and we were interviewed by one of the department managers. She asked us basic questions like "tell me about yourself", "What was your favorite part about your old job", and "Describe a past group project you have worked on". Once everyone had answered several questions, she asked if we had questions for her! Always try to come up with a question! Mine was "what made you want to work for the company, and what has kept you here". The day after the group interview, I was emailed again and asked to come in for a one-on-one with the store manager. Again, I dressed how I would if I worked for the company. This interview was longer for sure, but again I was asked basic questions like "tell me about a good customer service experience you've had" "describe yourself" and "what kind of person do you get along with". It was very easy and after the interview the store manager had me fill out background check information and she told me I would hear back from them by Friday! It's Thursday now so I'm still waiting on a response!

Interview Questions

• If you could have coffee with one person, dead or alive, who would it be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a job fair at the UO in Charlotte and there was a lot of canadites who came. They split the group interviews up into about 5 people in each group. It was intimating because it wasn't a everyone has to speak interview.. It was whoever answered first or at all answered. It's better to answer as one of the first two because answers start repeating and people start agreeing. They asked questions about our style, what's in style now, our previous job experience, and asking us about ourselves. You could tell they wanted people who were younger and stayed up to date with the style. It was over 250 people who showed up they said and they only offered like 20 positions. They told everyone we would here back whether we got it or not. Oh year they make you take a online questionable before the interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, did a video interview in which I was asked 4 questions (pretty simple), and then a questionnaire that was also simple, afterwards I was invited to a group interview. I was with three other people and we were interviewed at a park near the location. It was somewhat okay, the woman interviewing us would give us a stern look when we were answering the questions except with one person who she would keep laughing with so it was obvious this person had a better chance than the rest of us. Beforehand we were asked to write down our availability, make sure you can work at least three days and six hours per day, that's what I was told.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I found out there was an open job fair, so the process was quick and easy. I simply filled out an online application 2 days prior and brought my resume with me to the job fair.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Durham, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then had a casual group interview with two other people outside. We interviewed with the manager and associate manager, and it was pretty easy. They asked questions like who is your style inspiration, what's your retail experience, what is an example of good customer service, etc. They emailed me back a week later saying no, but the manager dated the manager of Free People and he referred me to her, so not all bad news.

Interview Questions

• Who is your celebrity style inspiration?   1 Answer