Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

It was a group interview with about 8 people including myself. They asked pretty relaxed questions and it was over in 30 min or less. If you're the shy type make sure you jump in because i believe that was my downfall. Come dressed in something that expresses you're personal style and be yourself.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Edison, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Asked me three questions and hired me on the spot. It was a one on one interview since I was asked by the manager of the store if I would want to work there. They were mainly interested in what I knew about style and if I had any previous retail experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in July 2015.

Interview

Saw through Instagram that UO was hiring for a new store opening near me and filled out the online application. About a week or so later they sent me an e-mail to do a video interview of myself, but was at a festival without cell service at the time so was unable to do it. They thankfully sent out a second video request several days after and I completed it. It's little weird since it's kind of like you're talking to yourself, I felt mine went horribly but still got a call-back to come to a group interview. Group interview was super relaxed and was with four other people. Try to be the first one to answer initially because the SM seemed to love the enthusiasm, and definitely make sure to highlight your love for the company/brand. Be relaxed and yourself, and if you have an artistic side, definitely make sure you show it. About a week and a half after the group interview I got a call-back from the manager offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you received good customer service? Tell us about a time you had an upset customer and how you handled it. Where do you draw your fashion inspiration from?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and immediately was sent an email asking to fill out a survey regarding your feelings on drinking and smoking weed on the job. The next day was asked to complete a video interview where they ask 4 questions to get to know you better. There are practice questions beforehand but it's still pretty awkward. Waiting for the next step

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Process took 3 days to get back to me. They emailed me wanting a video interview. It was relatively easy but awkward, it's just you speaking to a webcam and you'll send it in for them to review later. Be prepared, theres no redos for the questions, once you answer or time runs out it automatically sends. A week later they got back to me with no offer, and just thanked me for applying. For the video interview, since they're finally putting a face to the resume, dress up like an employee from UO usually would. The video interview just really is them trying to get to know you more past the online resume and application. They'll ask stuff about you and see if you fit their image basically.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you received or gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question
    • What are some of your hobbies and things you like to do in your spare time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

The first step of the interview is a video interview. The website asks you around 4 questions and you record yourself answering them. They are mostly questions about your personality and customer service. Then they send you an ethics survey that is timed. If you pass that then they bring you in for a group interview. It is very relaxed and casual and all the questions are basically about your personality and some of it is about your experience with customer service.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and about a week later, received a link to an online questionnaire and video interview. The survey was about 60 questions, but pretty basic and only took about 15-20 minutes to do. Just use your common sense lol. The video interview was super awkward but you can practice as much as you want. I got an email from the manager a few days later inviting me to a group interview. There were two other people and it was fairly easy, just make sure you speak up first. The manager told us he's get back to all of us in the next few days so I'm waiting to hear back.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in July 2015.

Interview

I found out they were hiring through the urbn careers website (which is the best place to look for job openings in my opinion- you can also follow the instagram @workatuo that helps a lot too). I made an online profile and submitted an application and was contacted immediately the next day to do a video interview. You do get to practice but my video was completely awkward and I rambled the entire time. I think they're pretty understanding about your nervousness in the video interviews so don't stress too much! After that, I waited for about 2 weeks (which seemed like forever) and they sent me a request to do the ethics survey. It just consisted of questions about your work ethic so use your common sense, no employer wants workers who will steal, come to work late, drunk, etc. The next day, I was scheduled for a group interview for the upcoming week. My group only had 2 people and it was pretty chill. They ask about what you do in your free time, your favorite UO brand, customer service, etc. Then I waited another week and they wanted to see me for a second interview, which I thought was going to be 1 on 1 but turned out to be another group. The manager asked about customer service again and loss prevention. Also, she took our availability and consent to background checks. Three days later, the manager called me and offered me the job and I took it! I love UO and I've wanted to work for them forever, but honestly, even though it wasn't very hard, this was the most time intensive and exhausting interview process I ever went through!

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Baltimore, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

In the midst of the relentless summer sun, autumn feels like a lifetime away. In truth, only three short months separate us from crisper days, changing leaves, and most of all, a fresh season to explore new trends and styles. While the cooler temperatures always mean revisiting light layering and cozy knits, this fall is an opportunity to continue exploring your personal autumn-inspired wardrobe. Here are just a few items on my wishlist for this fall to get you energized and inspired to create your own!

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New Orleans, LA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got an email stating to take a survey. The survey was timed 15 mins to take 75 questions. After I took my test they said I would get a call if interested about a interview. Like many others I read that a lot of people had group interviews. Two weeks later I received a call about a one on one interview. I went to the interview dressed in my style which is different, so try to dress how you would but BE YOU, even in the interview talking be yourself they can sense when its a fake but it was really chilled