Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2014.

I was notified that there was a job fair at several UO locations in Georgia. I went up there with a friend and we got placed in a group of three other people. Two people interviewed us and it was very laid back. I hadn't applied alone yet so I did that once I got home. I was sent an email to do a survey which was easy as well. I received an email to come and meet with the manager for a one-on-one interview. It was a breeze and three days later I received an offer.

Interview Questions
No negotiation especially since I am seasonal.

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2014.

I applied online, the application was really easy. A few days later I got an email about a video interview which was kinda fun. I did it on my phone. It took like 5 minutes. A few days after that I got a call for an interview. It was a group interview with about 6 of us. We dressed casual, like something you would see in urban outfitters. about a week after my interview I was offer the job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't too bad. We were asked about our best and worst job experience. We were asked what job we would do if we could do anything in the world without any worries. We were asked what are some characteristics we would expect our managers/coworkers to have. And we were asked about LP practices   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and a few days later I received an email asking me to complete a survey. After I completed the survey, I received another email asking me to do a video interview, which I never completed. About a week later they emailed me and asked me to come in for a group interview. It was me and 3 other girls. They asked questions like "If you were trapped on a desert island what item would you bring with you" and "describe your style". I noticed that they never really asked questions relating to customer service or our availability. 2 days later I received an email saying that I got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2014.

I went in for an open group interview. It was just me and one other guy. The interview was very casual and didn't take much time. The questions were pretty basic: why do you want to work at Urban Outfitters, describe what a good day at work would be, describe what a bad day at work would be, what would good customer service look like, etc.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have any animal tail, which would you pick and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2014.

Applied online. Nine days later got asked to do a video interview. About a week later I got asked to do a survey, but I didn't have to take it because I filled it out less than sixth months ago for another urban job I applied to, but on the same day I got asked to come to a group interview. There were five of us there (two guys three girls). It was super quick; they asked us like two questions and then just described the position. Four days later I checked my online status and it said "will consider for future opportunities" and I assumed that was a rejection because I had seen that before for other urban jobs I applied to before. BUT four days after that I got a call asking me if I wanted to join the team!! Good things come to those who wait.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have a problem with a customer from a previous job, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Check your email often, even junk mail.

Sales Associate Interview

sent in application got a call about a week later asking me to come in for an interview. pretty standard group interview. went around in a circle and answered basic questions. after the interview they gave us a card to fill out online asking more questions. got a call back offering me the job a few days later.

Sales Associate Interview

Online interview was odd because you don't talk to anyone but it was easy and quick. In-person, group interview was very relaxed. Questions range from favorite music to what designers you would by with unlimited money.

No negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I applied online and they called me the next day for a group interview.. The group interview was a little overwhelming because there were about 10 or so people and they were more group interviews scheduled that day... They asked questions like "Whats your style?" and "what are your passions in life?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I interviewed in 2011 for a location in a large mall. I think I submitted a resume in Jan and when everything was done, I think I started working in April.
    It was two rounds of in-person group interviews. The first was with two managers and probably a total of 6 interviewees. The second was down to me and another person with (I think) the regional manager at the time. No questions were particularly hard; it is full of behavioral/scenario questions. Of course emphasize the crap out of customer service and make sure to speak up for every question asked. Luckily my first group interview didn't feel to competitive trying to take turns speaking, but you never know...
    I feel that what secured my position was to really show them my personality in the 2nd interview. I think at one point I said something about how I'm goofy. They are looking for hard workers with good ethics and a fun personality that will get along with the rest of the team so make sure to let them know you're not a robot! After the 2nd interview, there was also an ethics survey you have to complete online to make sure you're not an idiot - pretty simple!

Interview Questions
    • Example of when you've dealt with a rude customer / co-worker, hard project, etc.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if:
      you saw a customer stealing
      you saw an employee stealing
      you didn't know an answer to something, etc. ..seriously easy peasy!

Answer Question
    No negotiation of salary. You eventually get a raise. I got 'promoted' to cashier pretty quickly so my pay went up with that as well.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in September 2014.

I applied online and then about a 2 days later they sent me an email to do a video interview. It was unexpected but kind of fun. Then about 4 days later I completed there survey. Then I got an email 2 day later about a group interview. The date on the interview was wrong, it said Wednesday 9/9 instead of Wednesday 9/10.If I didn't see the email I wouldn't have made it, because they sent it the day before one the 9th. The interview was okay, the manager didn't have any information about use. So mentally I'm thinking how can you hire two people when you don't have any of their information. Nor did she ask for our information afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • One the video interview they asked me to draw a picture representing myself and that threw me off because you only have a certain amount of time to prepare for the video and then shoot it.   Answer Question