Urban Outfitters

Average Difficulty
291 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview Details – 1st round is group interviews and then an one on one interview with the store manager. In the first round they ask you a lot of personality questions as well as questions on current trends. They later get into more in-depth questions about your work experience. I

Interview Question – What is your spirit animal   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2014.

Interview Details – After I applied, a few days later got an email to take an ethics survey. A few days after completing got another email to do an online video interview with HireVue. Don't think the way they do the process is ethical as an online interview, which by the way is a recording of yourself instead of face to face, they don't get to know the real person. It's just lazy on their part.

Interview Questions

Interviewed at Urban Outfitters

Interview Details – An informal group interview was held where we were expected to answer in no particular order. The interviewer moved on after 2-4 people answered, those who did not get to answer didn't really receive a second chance unless they answered the next question and mentioned their answer to the previous.

Interview Question – What skills can you personally provide to Urban Outfitters?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an email a few days later asking to fill out an ethics survey. The survey was easy, just be mindful of the questions when answering. After submitting the survey, I received another email a couple days later inviting me to a group interview the following week. I attended the interview which included myself, another candidate and the Store Operations Manager. The interview was very casual and consisted of your basic interview questions: Introduce yourself and explain why you want to work at UO; Past job experience; What is loss prevention/how have you dealt with it in the past; Which department of the store would you prefer to work in. Overall, the interview was fairly easy.

Interview Question – Their biggest concern was making sure their employees knew what loss prevention was and how to handle it.   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview Details – Went to speak with the employees about hiring possibilities and filled out an application in the store. A few days later I received a call for an interview. It was a group interview and we were asked questions about how we would handle situations and why we wanted to work for UO. I was notified that I got the job a day later. It was an easy and pleasant process.

Interview Question – How would you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got another job opportunity that paid more.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview Details – Applied online about 3 days later was asked to take a ethics survey. Received a email about an interview a week later.. came in and it was a group interview with me and 3 other people.

Interview Question – Describe a time that I had to take leadership?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

Interview Details – I filled out an online application, couple weeks later they sent me a link to an online survey asking stuff like if it was okay to show up high to work if you still performed decently, etc. Filled that out and got an interview request a few days later. Group interview, held in the back room; there were 5 applicants including myself and we went around in a circle answering each question. Fairly simple, stuff about why we wanted to work there, previous experience with difficult customers, what our fashion sense was like, etc. I thought it went pretty well because I was prepared for the questions and dressed sort of in their style. They said it'd take two weeks to get back about the second interview but I got an email a couple days later asking me to come in again.

Interview Question – "When you work in a group, what role do you take on?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and got an email inviting me to an open interview a couple days later. I arrived early to the interview, and the girl at the counter told me to just walk around the store while the manager got ready. After about 10 minutes, 5 of us plus the manager got in a circle in the front of the store. The manager was super sweet and asked questions like what is your dream job, why do you want to work at UO, and what is your previous job experience? We were allowed to just jump in and answer any question. At the end, she asked us about our availability and said we would hear back within a week. I never got an email or a call so I just have to assume they hired other people! Overall it was a really easy and fast interview process.

Interview Question – Previous job experience? (I had never worked in retail so it was hard to compete with other applicants!)   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in May 2014.

Interview Details – When I arrived for the interview, they held it in the back of the store but there were customers around. They split us up into a group of 4 and a group of 3. I was in the group of 4 with the store manager, 2 employees, and 3 applicants. We had an icebreaker by decorating name tags and explaining what were drew represented. It lasted about an hour and 15 minutes, and it was mainly us just having a conversation and the employees getting to know us more so as people than if we were employees.

Interview Question – The questions were not extremely difficult, but they asked "Name 3 things you liked and 3 things you did not like about a previous workplace."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The manager called and told me she offered the same starting price to everyone, so I just accepted it.

Very Easy Interview

Brea, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and, after receiving no feedback, a few weeks later went into the store to talk to the manager about my application. She asked a few questions about my experience and my availability and then had me write down my name and email. I received and email later that night to take an online ethics survey, it was very simple common sense questions about drug use, theft, etc. After completion of the survey I received an email inviting me to an interview for the following morning.
It was a group interview with 7 other people. It was very casual, we were told to wear what we would wear if we worked there. They asked standard questions and it was open so that whoever wanted to answer first could go ahead. It important to stand out and speak up, otherwise it is easy to be out shined. Examples of questions asked: "Do you have experience with LP practices?", "What were you listening to on your way to the interview?", "Describe a time you received poor customer service.", "on a scale of 1 to 5 what would you rate your ability to multitask?"
I was nervous, but since it was very casual and laid back it made me feel a lot more comfortable.
A few hours after the interview I received a phone call with a job offer.

Negotiation Details – N/A. I was offered 9 and accepted.