Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

The Whole Process took about a 2 Months

First I applied online, then a few days later I recieved an email to do the Video Interview, then 2 months later I got an email to come in for a 2nd interview then 8 days I got a call offering me the job.

For the Video Interview you want to be most creative to score that 2nd interview, I had some Andrew Bird playing softly in the background You have to draw a pic that best describes yourself and personal style. What I did was. I combined two of my favorite styles (grunge look and folk free spirited look) into a a drawing and how it makes me think of the smell of patchouli or Frankinsense What helped me was recording myself before I begin the Video. Advice is don't give up and be unique. Show off what you love, Im big into pure essential oils and organic cooking so I made sure I squeezed that in.. Also I am extremely shy and I attend to forget what I want to say. Before I would prepare days and days but this time I went in and gave honest simple answer. I believed that help the interview see who I really am

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were inspired?   1 Answer

Negotiation

8.75$ an hour.. It took me a while to get a job here, so I accepted the offer and I will work hard to get a rais later down the road.

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in March 2015.

Interview

Basically we were say down in a food court that was nearby the store, it was myself, 3 other girls and a manager. It was really laid back, he cursed a couple times and seemed to not really care about anything. He only asked two irrelevant questions and I felt like I didn't get a fair shot at an interview because he pretty much disregarded the whole thing. It sucked. I'm now waiting to see if anything will come of it. The ONLY two questions that he asked didn't tell much about anyone.

Interview Questions

• Name two celebrities that you want as your parents?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Santa Cruz, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The online application is very brief and includes a few questions that asks about your most recent UO experience, what inspired you to apply, and what you would consider as an ideal day. A few days after I submitted my application, I got an email that asked me to do an online interview. The online interview is not with an actual person, you just get recorded answering a series of questions. A few days after I submitted my online application, I got an email to do an online ethics survey. A few days after I completed the survey, I got an email for another interview at the store location. The interview was one-on-one with just me and the store manager. The store manager mainly asked me to go more in-depth with my online interview answers. The interview was very laid back and I was very comfortable. About a week later, I received a call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest critique you have ever received and how did you address it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in East Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (East Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

First went in for a group interview. Very laid back and relaxed, spoke a lot and tried to get my personality across. Then was contacted for a second interview with just a manager. Seemed to go well, easy questions, but they decided to move forward with another candidate.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

It took them a very long time to get back to me about my application, but setting up the interview only took a few days and then I heard back about a week later. The interview was really relaxed. Basically just got asked about my availability, why I wanted to work there, and maybe one or two other really easy questions. I think they mostly do group interviews although I couldn't make it to the group interview so I did a one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• What current/upcoming trends do you like right now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in February 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview with myself and two other girls. The manager took us to the food court where she asked us basic questions. It was more like a conversation which put us at ease and only lasted 15 min.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received good customer service and why was it so great?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

After accepting my online application, they asked me to take part in an online video interview which consisted of 3 different questions and was timed. I got a prompt of each question, about a minute to prepare for it, and then had to start recording during another minute to submit my answers.

Interview Questions

• Draw yourself and items to represent your life and explain why you chose to draw the items that you did.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Video interview which was done online. After that you will get an email saying you made it to the second step which is a questionnaire. If you fit what they're looking for you go to a group interview.

Interview Questions

• basic interview questions as well as whats you're favorite music artist   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

After being prompted to apply by a friend who had just started working there I applied myself. Applied online, it took about two days from the initial application to receive an email telling me that I'd have a webcam interview. The webcam interview was pretty relaxed since I was by myself and could practice my answers before recording and sending them in. Afterwards there was another two day wait before I was called in for a one on one interview with the stores manager at that time.

With it being Urban I dressed casually [slightly over sized gray vneck, rolled skinny jeans w/ a one knee torn out, a denim/leather jacket, and boots]. The urban at which I applied was one of the more casual I'd seen, the manager was wearing a gray tshirt, a green beanie and jeans w/ no accessories when she interviewed me.

I've never worked in retail before so the interview went great until she started to ask me questions on how I would deal w/ customers and merchandise. Tho I gave "nice" answers I basically bs'd thro the end of it. They called two days later to tell me I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions

• Given the current fashion trends what do you expect people to be wearing this time next year?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

It was a group interview, with about 20 applicants. One thing I remembered was that someone asked about the employee discount. I think this caused her not to get hired. Don't ask before you're hired!

Interview Questions

• I don't remember....but in a group interview - participate! be positive! It worked for me   Answer Question