Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I filled out a form online and then called the specific store I wanted to work at. I told them about my online submission and then they scheduled me for a group interview. Right before the interview, they had me fill out a physical copy of the online application.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online, the application was really easy. A few days later I got an email about a video interview which was kinda fun. I did it on my phone. It took like 5 minutes. A few days after that I got a call for an interview. It was a group interview with about 6 of us. We dressed casual, like something you would see in urban outfitters. about a week after my interview I was offer the job.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't too bad. We were asked about our best and worst job experience. We were asked what job we would do if we could do anything in the world without any worries. We were asked what are some characteristics we would expect our managers/coworkers to have. And we were asked about LP practices   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I received an email asking me to complete a survey. After I completed the survey, I received another email asking me to do a video interview, which I never completed. About a week later they emailed me and asked me to come in for a group interview. It was me and 3 other girls. They asked questions like "If you were trapped on a desert island what item would you bring with you" and "describe your style". I noticed that they never really asked questions relating to customer service or our availability. 2 days later I received an email saying that I got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2014.

Interview

I went in for an open group interview. It was just me and one other guy. The interview was very casual and didn't take much time. The questions were pretty basic: why do you want to work at Urban Outfitters, describe what a good day at work would be, describe what a bad day at work would be, what would good customer service look like, etc.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any animal tail, which would you pick and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

I was notified that there was a job fair at several UO locations in Georgia. I went up there with a friend and we got placed in a group of three other people. Two people interviewed us and it was very laid back. I hadn't applied alone yet so I did that once I got home. I was sent an email to do a survey which was easy as well. I received an email to come and meet with the manager for a one-on-one interview. It was a breeze and three days later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation especially since I am seasonal.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

sent in application got a call about a week later asking me to come in for an interview. pretty standard group interview. went around in a circle and answered basic questions. after the interview they gave us a card to fill out online asking more questions. got a call back offering me the job a few days later.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Online interview was odd because you don't talk to anyone but it was easy and quick. In-person, group interview was very relaxed. Questions range from favorite music to what designers you would by with unlimited money.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied online and they called me the next day for a group interview.. The group interview was a little overwhelming because there were about 10 or so people and they were more group interviews scheduled that day... They asked questions like "Whats your style?" and "what are your passions in life?"

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and then about a 2 days later they sent me an email to do a video interview. It was unexpected but kind of fun. Then about 4 days later I completed there survey. Then I got an email 2 day later about a group interview. The date on the interview was wrong, it said Wednesday 9/9 instead of Wednesday 9/10.If I didn't see the email I wouldn't have made it, because they sent it the day before one the 9th. The interview was okay, the manager didn't have any information about use. So mentally I'm thinking how can you hire two people when you don't have any of their information. Nor did she ask for our information afterwards.

Interview Questions

• One the video interview they asked me to draw a picture representing myself and that threw me off because you only have a certain amount of time to prepare for the video and then shoot it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Memphis, TN) in September 2014.

Interview

I went in on the weekend for shopping. When I got to the register I was looking at the "Do you want to work for us" flyers. Little did I know, the manager was the one checking me out at the register and asked if I was interested in working there. I had previously put in an online application about a month earlier. She asked my name and looked me up. She emailed me with the video interview process and a day or so afterwards I went in for the face to face interview. Within a week, I was hired. The video interview was super cool and you will need a webcam for it to record yourself answering random questions they give you. Fun! I love my new job. I have been there for about 3 weeks. Easy job!