Urban Outfitters Season Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.1

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate (Seasonal) Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in January 2014.

I applied online on a Friday, and got an email inviting me to a group interview on the following Tuesday. They said to dress how you would if you were working in the store (casual). There were about 8 of us in the group, and the interviewer went through and asked each of us the same two questions. It was nice because we all got a chance to talk. It took about 10 minutes to get through all of us. I was the only one in the group with no prior experience, so I didn't think I got the job. However, I was called two days later and was offered a job.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Urban?
    Describe a time when you experience good customer service.
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Sales Associate (Seasonal) Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Went to job fair, was asked very basic superficial questions, got the survey, a week later got a request for a second interview, and 5 days later got a phone call with a job offer/

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in November 2013.

The first interview was a group interview with 4 other people. We each took turns answering the questions so there was no competition to be the first person to respond. It was a pretty informal environment, we interviewed in the dressing room area. The questions were general, just be sure to dress like you shop at Urban for your entire wardrobe.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was how you would deal with a rude customer...I mean, the questions were easy, especially if you filled out the online application, most of the questions were from there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2013.

It took a while for them to contact me, but eventually they did and they set me up for a group interview. They told me to dress the way I would if I was working at the store. When I got there they asked a few questions about whether if we've had any customer service or retail experience. They also asked about trending items, and some personal questions so they could get to know us individually.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be invisible for the day what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2013.

I heard about Urban Outfitters having a job fair so I applied online. The application was super easy and fast. It didnt have a million and one questions like other apps. So I went to the interview that week. i walked around the store for about 30 minutes until one of the employees asked me to go sit in the shoe area. It was me and 3 other girls and one boy. Everyone had retail experience but me, so i thought i didnt have a chance. I was so nervous because this was only my second interview i ever had. But what made me confident was the boy, who i believe was high. He fell asleep during the interview! lol. the interviewer asked questions like "why urban" "where do you get your style from" and so on. It was a pretty chill interview. just dress like them and show alot of personality.

Sales Associate (Seasonal) Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in September 2013.

i applied on the website and received the standard " impressive application" email requesting an interview. i chose the closer of the two dates described on the email and showed up at 12:40 for my 1:00 interview. i was told to wait outside the store at the couches. i soon noticed two other sharply dressed individuals that i was correct in assuming that they were also there for the interview, we waited together for about ten past 1 and then the interview began, it was simple quick, and nearly effortless, my advice is to read what is said on this website it honestly helps with the interview process. after the first interview a second manager came out and asked some questions about scheduling. i then signed a release for a background check and then went on my way. as i got home i checked my email and there was the ethics survey link in my email. it was straightforward and there was no objective choice, read it but dont take forever. i completed the survey/interview on Thursday and then received a phone call from the manager offering me a position.

Interview Questions
    no desire to negotiate they offered what i wanted.

Sales Associate (Seasonal) Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I applied at the store and received a call back for an interview that week. It was an awkward group interview. I didn't feel that the interviewer had enough time to really get to know me and I was already turned off by that alone. The employees seemed indifferent. I was anticipating a better work environment.

Not enough hours

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in July 2013.

Interview was basic, but they asked a lot of peer-oriented style questions.
    Just try not to be too uptight, have fun with it!

They are looking for team payers, so try to get that side across.
    Don't me too quiet, worse yet- too repetitive.

I got the survey about the job 2 days after the interview.
    I took it, (answer EVERYTHING like a goody goody) and got the job.

The hours didn't match my schedule, so I couldn't take it, though.

Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • "What was the last thing you did that was 'against the rules'."   View Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in November 2011.

i went in for a job fair, asked couple of questions, got a call back the next week for another group interview, after that, they said wait for about a week, got a call back with an offer

Interview Questions
    • fun facts: if you were given a $100 how would you spend it?   View Answer
    easy

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2011.

I saw that Urban was having a holiday job fair for holiday sales via their email list, so I stopped by the location closest to me to apply. The first interview consisted of a 1-on-1 interview with the men's team leader, where he asked why I wanted to work at Urban, and generally tried to get a feel for me and see if I fit the company. There was another team leader there doing interviews also, but he looked like a total douchelord, so I'm glad I didn't interview with him. I didn't see that he was giving anyone slips for the online opinion survey either. Anyway, my interviewer liked me so he gave me a slip with a code to take the opinion survey. I got home and took it right away, the questions were tricky and you had to pay attention to what was being asked overall and not to answer incorrectly. The questionnaire gives an example of the tricky questions and what is really being asked by the question. After I finished and submitted my survey, I got a call a few days later from the assistant store manager to come in for an interview on the following Friday, I agreed. When I got to the store I went to the registers to tell them I was there for an interview. The girl on registers was really friendly and directed me to where the interview was being held. When I got to the interview area I saw that there was a ton of people, probably around 15 people waiting to interview. I was worried it was going to be a group interview and it turns out it was. All 15 of us were interviewed by the store manager, where we were asked individually why we wanted to work for Urban, where we worked now and what what kind of experience we've had in customer service. Then we each were asked something random about our interests/opinions by the store manager. I'm pretty sure this was to see who was putting on a front and who really fit the company's culture. The questions were some like: "what was the last movie you saw?" "what was the last album you downloaded?" "what was the last concert you went to?" "what was the last piece of clothing you purchased from Urban?" "how do you choose your outfits?" After that the interview was done and the store manager said bye and that we'd hear back by the following Wednesday. Some people stuck around to talk to the store manager, but I just left not really feeling sure how the interview went. I waited and thought about calling to see if they had made any decisions the whole week, then by Tuesday I hadn't received a call so I figured I wasn't getting hired. Then around 4pm I got a call while I was at work, later checked the voicemail and called Urban back, got an offer for the holiday from the assistant store manager and accepted it.

Interview Questions
    The holiday pay rate wasn't negotiable. Though after holiday, if I am kept, my pay can go up considering all my experience.