Urban Science Software Developer Interview Questions

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Urban Science in February 2012.

I was contacted by this company through a referral. They were very outgoing and proactive. I had many "interviews". The interviews were very casual and it felt more like a discussion than a quiz. The folks in HR were knowledgable about the workings of the company and if they weren't able to answer a question I had, they would contact me later with an answer. All in all, it was very positive in my opinion.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Science

Software Developer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Urban Science in October 2011.

The person I spoke with sounded pleasant at first, but once the person got down to asking questions, the interviewer was very nit picky and asked a lot of personality questions and only one technical question. Not only did the person ask personality questions that were repetitive in nature, but the person was so unsatisfied with my answers just because I did not adequately have these specific negative personal life experience that this person was actually so bold as to suggest I was not intent on getting a job due to my answers not matching the expectation of this said interviewer. This person was very rude and I definitely would not ever work for this company if all they value is based upon whether i have these negative personal life experience and not whether I have relevant technical experience dealing with the job position. I do not think this person even knows enough technical details to even conduct the interview as this person could not even understand the extent of what I described in my project and definitely does not understand the value of working hard to achieve deadlines; rather instead belittles the interviewee.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project that was ambiguous.   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about a problem you've encountered with team members?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever missed a deadline? Have you ever had to ask for an extension?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever interviewed with anyone before?   Answer Question
    • What kind of questions have you had with past interviewers?   Answer Question

Worked for Urban Science? Contribute to the Community!