User Centric

Relevance Date Difficulty

User Experience Analyst Interview

User Experience Analyst
Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at User Centric in June 2011.

Interview Details – To get the ball rolling, I emailed my resume and cover letter to a UC manager director. Then the CEO contacted me via email to set-up an in-person interview. At the interview, initially met with the HR person, then I interviewed individually with a senior researcher, and the founders of the company. They were very laid back, the interview used a conversation-style where I communicated my relevant work/school experience.

Interview Question – I was asked by the senior researcher was if I would mind also analyzing quantitative data. My responses was that I felt comfortable analyzing either qual or quan data; makes no difference to me.

I was asked by one of the founding directors, if I was okay with traveling occasionally. I said I would not mind traveling once every two months.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take the full-time offer instead of the contract offer. The downsize of taking the contract offer is that you do not have any medical benefits even though you will be working just as hard and long hours.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

User Experience Analyst Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at User Centric in April 2011.

Interview Details – Initial communication was via email and then phone interview followed by in-person interview. Interviewer gave me a sense of the company and what they are involved in. I actually did very little talking.

Interview Question – Describe elements of your UX experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Slightly higher salary, straight to permanent employee with benefits. Advice: push back on the first offer, don't accept contract to hire.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for User Centric? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at User Centric interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by User Centric employees and interview candidates.