Utah State University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Programmer/Analyst
Logan, UT

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Utah State University in July 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process took around 4 - 6 weeks and I went through 2 rounds.

Round 1
Essay type HR questions

How do you define success ?
How do you define failure ?
Describe an incident where you didn't have skills required for the job.
Describe an incident where you were given an impossible deadline.

Round 2
Technical questions mostly on SQL
Define different types of joins and explain each with an example.
Difference between UNION and UNION ALL
Some question on RANK

Interview Question – What do you think your supervisor say your strengths & weaknesses are !?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Undergraduate Research Assistant
Logan, UT

I applied in-person - interviewed at Utah State University in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was taking a class from this particular professor. She expressed at the end of a lecture that she was looking for an Undergraduate Research Assistant and that if we were interested to come visit her during office hours. I went to see her and she asked me what I wanted to do in the future and why I wanted to be her Undergraduate Research Assistant. She told me she wanted to talk to a few other students.

After a few days she let me know that I could have the job if I wanted it.

Interview Question – It was a very informal process.   Answer Question

Engineering Ambassador Interview

Engineering Ambassador
Logan, UT

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Utah State University in August 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume online through the University's job board. Got a call to come and interview with the retention specialist. Spoke for about forty five minutes about my qualifications.

Interview Question – How would I talk engineering to a non-engineer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Facilities Interview

Facilities
Logan, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Utah State University.

Interview Details – I applied via the campus job board. I called once and scheduled an interview with the hiring manager of facilities. It was a very basic interview, asking about experience and job skills. The facilities members asked me how I was with hard things and mentioned that waking up early would be required every day. After that we pretty much focused on what the job would offer me if I got it. Very painless interview, although you need to apply before school to have a chance and there is no compensation for driving to the university for the interview.

Interview Question – How is your teamwork skills (the facilities member consider each unit a team and take your response really seriously.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Program Specialist Interview

Program Specialist
Logan, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Utah State University in May 2009.

Interview Details – Called for job but it wasn't one I applied for. So I guess that means that HR forwards resumes they think applicable to the various departments with open positions. It was a normal length in process. The interview was with the direct manager and a few co-workers. Standard questions - situational, relate your experience, etc.

Interview Question – Tell us a time you used technology to fix a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Normal. There was a little room for negotiation but not much.

Postdoctorant Interview

Postdoctorant
Logan, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Utah State University in September 2011.

Interview Details – I got one interview by skype because I don't live in US and after I did a presentation of my project on the front of the lab

Interview Question – It was difficult to obtain my green card in this university, nothing is done to help to obtain it   Answer Question

Team Leader II Interview

Team Leader II
Logan, UT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Utah State University in March 2012.

Interview Details – There was a panel of Facilities personnel, about 5, who would ask questions about certain situations one might encounter as a Team Leader and what you might do to help or resolve the problem or situation. They also wanted to make sure you have experience and understand the processes required for the job.

Interview Question – What would you do if you encountered a task you asked an employee to complete and he/she didn't complete the task?   Answer Question

Sous Chef Interview

Sous Chef
Logan, UT

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Utah State University in January 2010.

Interview Details – I got a call from a manager the interview process consist in 1 and 1 interview and also if you pass that interview you will be meeting with the executive chef, and differents manager at that organization. They are going to put you to cook if you are applying for a sous chef or chef position.

Interview Question – Show me how you will cook a medium rare filet mignon   View Answer

C Programmer Interview

C Programmer
Logan, UT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Utah State University in February 2009.

Interview Details – I was called at the office. Asked questions about my projects and later was asked to solve some issues with their code within a week.

Interview Questions

Worked for Utah State University? Contribute to the Community!