Utah State University

2.7

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Utah State University in July 2014.

Interview process took around 4 - 6 weeks and I went through 2 rounds.

Round 1
    Essay type HR questions

How do you define success ?
    How do you define failure ?
    Describe an incident where you didn't have skills required for the job.
    Describe an incident where you were given an impossible deadline.

Round 2
    Technical questions mostly on SQL
    Define different types of joins and explain each with an example.
    Difference between UNION and UNION ALL
    Some question on RANK

Interview Questions
    • What do you think your supervisor say your strengths & weaknesses are !?   View Answer

Facilities Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Utah State University.

I applied via the campus job board. I called once and scheduled an interview with the hiring manager of facilities. It was a very basic interview, asking about experience and job skills. The facilities members asked me how I was with hard things and mentioned that waking up early would be required every day. After that we pretty much focused on what the job would offer me if I got it. Very painless interview, although you need to apply before school to have a chance and there is no compensation for driving to the university for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How is your teamwork skills (the facilities member consider each unit a team and take your response really seriously.)   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Engineering Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Utah State University in August 2013.

Submitted my resume online through the University's job board. Got a call to come and interview with the retention specialist. Spoke for about forty five minutes about my qualifications.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Team Leader II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Utah State University in March 2012.

There was a panel of Facilities personnel, about 5, who would ask questions about certain situations one might encounter as a Team Leader and what you might do to help or resolve the problem or situation. They also wanted to make sure you have experience and understand the processes required for the job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you encountered a task you asked an employee to complete and he/she didn't complete the task?   Answer Question

Postdoctorant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Utah State University in September 2011.

I got one interview by skype because I don't live in US and after I did a presentation of my project on the front of the lab

Interview Questions
    • It was difficult to obtain my green card in this university, nothing is done to help to obtain it   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT

I applied in-person – interviewed at Utah State University in August 2011.

I was taking a class from this particular professor. She expressed at the end of a lecture that she was looking for an Undergraduate Research Assistant and that if we were interested to come visit her during office hours. I went to see her and she asked me what I wanted to do in the future and why I wanted to be her Undergraduate Research Assistant. She told me she wanted to talk to a few other students.

After a few days she let me know that I could have the job if I wanted it.

Intern for Housing and Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Utah State University in May 2011.

I emailed the supervisor about the position and corresponded via email and phone for about a week. I emailed my resume and vita, and she invited me in for an interview.
    There was only one interview, she asked some basic initial questions but was mostly interested in my experience and ability to work with people.
    I had my own office (cubicle), lunch was flexible, time I worked was flexible as long as I gave my supervisor my schedule. That's typically how extension offices work, you work on your own time (typically a regular working day though), and sometimes work nights or weekends for community classes or events. Coworkers are fantastic, regular little parties, it's nice to get paid for work that you wouldn't really consider work.
    They are more focused on your actual experience, what you bring that they can build on rather than teach from square one. She provided many learning experiences and opportunities to publish and present. Any type of experience is helpful, I mentioned my experience with refugees as an offhand comment, which I later found out was a solidifying aspect for my getting the internship.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have writing curriculum?
      What audiences have you taught?

Answer Question

Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Utah State University in January 2010.

I got a call from a manager the interview process consist in 1 and 1 interview and also if you pass that interview you will be meeting with the executive chef, and differents manager at that organization. They are going to put you to cook if you are applying for a sous chef or chef position.

Interview Questions
    • Show me how you will cook a medium rare filet mignon   View Answer

Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Utah State University in May 2009.

Called for job but it wasn't one I applied for. So I guess that means that HR forwards resumes they think applicable to the various departments with open positions. It was a normal length in process. The interview was with the direct manager and a few co-workers. Standard questions - situational, relate your experience, etc.

Interview Questions
    Normal. There was a little room for negotiation but not much.

C Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Utah State University in February 2009.

I was called at the office. Asked questions about my projects and later was asked to solve some issues with their code within a week.