UtopiaCompression Corporation

UtopiaCompression Corporation Interview Questions

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at UtopiaCompression Corporation

R&D Scientist Interview

Only phone screen interview. No onsite.

Interview Questions
    • How does OSPF work, and other networking related questions.   Answer Question

Computer Vision Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UtopiaCompression Corporation in November 2013.

I was contacted by one of the Sr. Engineers at the company to set up an online interview/test for the next week. During the interview I was first drilled about my choice of algorithm for my PhD. After completely demoralizing me with his opinions, the interviewer suggested that I do something else for the rest of my PhD which I thought he had no business telling me. Then it moved on to the coding interview, the question for which I have mentioned below.

Interview Questions
    • Write a C++ code in a share-screen for median filtering on templatized input image   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UtopiaCompression Corporation in May 2012.

I applied online. The interview call came around 2 months afterward. The HR who scheduled the interview arranged everything smoothly. Howevre on the day of the interview the panel of interviewers (there were two) were not really enthusiastic about the interview process. They asked about previous completed academic projects, standard questions about image processing (simple operators, image filters, correlation). I think I would have done better if I had gone through Gonzalez once before the interview. With some effort and some previous experience through coursework or project work in image processing this interview can be done without difficulty.

Interview Questions
    • How are you going to do an averaging over a large set of images coming in stream mode   Answer Question