UtopiaCompression Corporation

Very Difficult Interview

Computer Vision Interview

Computer Vision
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UtopiaCompression Corporation in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by one of the Sr. Engineers at the company to set up an online interview/test for the next week. During the interview I was first drilled about my choice of algorithm for my PhD. After completely demoralizing me with his opinions, the interviewer suggested that I do something else for the rest of my PhD which I thought he had no business telling me. Then it moved on to the coding interview, the question for which I have mentioned below.

Interview Question – Write a C++ code in a share-screen for median filtering on templatized input image   Answer Question

R&D Scientist Interview

R&D Scientist

Interviewed at UtopiaCompression Corporation

Interview Details – Only phone screen interview. No onsite.

Interview Question – How does OSPF work, and other networking related questions.   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

Software Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UtopiaCompression Corporation in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online. The interview call came around 2 months afterward. The HR who scheduled the interview arranged everything smoothly. Howevre on the day of the interview the panel of interviewers (there were two) were not really enthusiastic about the interview process. They asked about previous completed academic projects, standard questions about image processing (simple operators, image filters, correlation). I think I would have done better if I had gone through Gonzalez once before the interview. With some effort and some previous experience through coursework or project work in image processing this interview can be done without difficulty.

Interview Question – How are you going to do an averaging over a large set of images coming in stream mode   Answer Question

Worked for UtopiaCompression Corporation? Contribute to the Community!