VALIC

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.6

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at VALIC.

Interview process took about 2 weeks and consisted of a phone interview with regional recruiter, which was very informative in regards to the position. Second interview with DM was standard review/ walk through of resume, and simple questions. I was told that the recruiter was going to call me within the week to schedule the final interview with RVP, fortunately she called to offer the position!

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you over an advisor with more experience?   Answer Question
    Attempted to negotiate to no prevail. Was offered a "set" training allowance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at VALIC.

First is phone interview with company recruiter. Second is interview in person or by phone with district manager. Third interview in person is with regional vice president or manager.

Interview Questions
    Not much unless you are bring a book of business from another firm. Income is commission only after 90-180 days on job.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at VALIC.

Phone interview followed by an in-person interview. Basically just asked to discuss professional experience and background. It took a couple weeks to line up a phone interview, then several weeks to have a one-on-one interview scheduled, and a month or so before any further decision.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty much conversational and as expected   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at VALIC.

Applied online on a weekend. Called on following Monday by HR for phone screening - took about 10 minutes. Called by HR a day later to set up a phone interview with hiring manager. Phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. Called by HR a couple of days later to set up on site interview. I traveled 210 miles for the interview and was not offered any reimbursement for travel or hotel. Interview was with two different groups (3 people in each group). Entire time spent was 3 hours. I felt it went well, as I easily answered all of their questions. No question was difficult or awkward. I was told I would hear back soon. I received a call from HR a few days later to set up an additional phone interview with a different manager. Had phone interview next day and then never heard back from Valic at all. It's been over six weeks now.

Interview Questions
    • All standard interview questions. Nothing extremely technical regarding the job they were seeking to fill. Mostly situational questions (e.g., how do you handle stress?).   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VALIC.

Very difficult interview. Questioned by two managers. The interview lasted over two hours.

Interview Questions
    • When I would give a work example, the interviewer would say he didn't like my answers and that I should try again.   Answer Question

Client Service Professional Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VALIC in January 2014.

I was contracted through a third party. One interview by phone with agency, then one interview in person with two managers. They asked really good questions and were so polite.

Interview Questions
    • Why I was going from a full time position to a contract position.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at VALIC in November 2012.

2 interviews with DM, I took detail notes, he lied on 2 major points and refused to disclose asset amount and locations until 3 weeks after I was hired. I would have refused the job if disclosed.

Interview Questions
    take it or leave it, I should have left it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at VALIC in April 2011.

Applied online
    HR Contacted me for a brief interview
    Regional manager contacted me to meet
    Met with regional manager for 2 hr interview
    Hr person called me for an offer

Interview Questions
    • The regional manager asked a lot about my specific history in using financial planning software as a part of my sales process.   View Answer
    No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at VALIC in April 2011.

Had a through interview process. Had two interviews, and two phone interviews.
     Through question and answers.

Interview Questions
    • I did not have a unextpected question. Just a through interview   Answer Question
    They made a attractive offer, and I was very happy to accept the offer

Advisor Interview

easy interview. know that you will be a road warrior and that they want people to sell annuities. youre in

no negotiation draw and commissions