VALIC Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at VALIC

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at VALIC.

First is phone interview with company recruiter. Second is interview in person or by phone with district manager. Third interview in person is with regional vice president or manager.

Interview Questions
    Not much unless you are bring a book of business from another firm. Income is commission only after 90-180 days on job.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at VALIC.

Phone interview followed by an in-person interview. Basically just asked to discuss professional experience and background. It took a couple weeks to line up a phone interview, then several weeks to have a one-on-one interview scheduled, and a month or so before any further decision.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty much conversational and as expected   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at VALIC.

Applied online on a weekend. Called on following Monday by HR for phone screening - took about 10 minutes. Called by HR a day later to set up a phone interview with hiring manager. Phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. Called by HR a couple of days later to set up on site interview. I traveled 210 miles for the interview and was not offered any reimbursement for travel or hotel. Interview was with two different groups (3 people in each group). Entire time spent was 3 hours. I felt it went well, as I easily answered all of their questions. No question was difficult or awkward. I was told I would hear back soon. I received a call from HR a few days later to set up an additional phone interview with a different manager. Had phone interview next day and then never heard back from Valic at all. It's been over six weeks now.

Interview Questions
    • All standard interview questions. Nothing extremely technical regarding the job they were seeking to fill. Mostly situational questions (e.g., how do you handle stress?).   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at VALIC.

Very difficult interview. Questioned by two managers. The interview lasted over two hours.

Interview Questions
    • When I would give a work example, the interviewer would say he didn't like my answers and that I should try again.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at VALIC in November 2012.

2 interviews with DM, I took detail notes, he lied on 2 major points and refused to disclose asset amount and locations until 3 weeks after I was hired. I would have refused the job if disclosed.

Interview Questions
    take it or leave it, I should have left it

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at VALIC in April 2011.

Applied online
    HR Contacted me for a brief interview
    Regional manager contacted me to meet
    Met with regional manager for 2 hr interview
    Hr person called me for an offer

Interview Questions
    • The regional manager asked a lot about my specific history in using financial planning software as a part of my sales process.   View Answer
    No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at VALIC in April 2011.

Had a through interview process. Had two interviews, and two phone interviews.
     Through question and answers.

Interview Questions
    • I did not have a unextpected question. Just a through interview   Answer Question
    They made a attractive offer, and I was very happy to accept the offer

Scheduling Clerk Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at VALIC in February 2009.

Initial brief phone interview to submit resume. Call-back to schedule in-person interview with dept. supervisor. 30 minute interview, mostly standard : Why do you want this job? What phone experience do you have?

Interview Questions
    • This job can be very tedious and repetitive: How will you deal with that?   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

easy interview. know that you will be a road warrior and that they want people to sell annuities. youre in

no negotiation draw and commissions

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at VALIC in February 2011.

Phone interview then 1 on 1 interview

Interview Questions
    • You've always had an office job. Here you will be working on the road and from home. How do I know you can do that.   Answer Question

Worked for VALIC? Contribute to the Community!