VCA Antech

Relevance Date Difficulty

RVT Interview

RVT
Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at VCA Antech.

Interview Details – Interview and hired by Medical Director due to office was trying to find a manager. Great interview felt at ease.

Negotiation Details – Not much of one. Was told what it was and that was all that was allowed. Did have another interview that day, so gave answer later.

Veterinary Assistant Interview

Veterinary Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at VCA Antech.

Interview Details – Ad posted on craigslist by local hospital. Best method to get a response as their corp website does nothing. Called for interview by HM. Then scheduled a working interview with tech supv and head vet. Nice people in front and back.

Interview Question – Nothing...typical interview 101 questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated pay. They knew I would not have accepted otherwise.

ICU Technician Interview

ICU Technician
Newark, DE

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at VCA Antech in October 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted a faxed resume. I was interviewed in person once.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was "How would you handle a client that cannot afford treatment for their pet, and therefore is forced to euthanise"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was out of work in a specialised field. There was no negotiation, I accepted the offer despite my experience.

Vet Tech Interview

Vet Tech

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at VCA Antech.

Interview Details – Quick and easy

Interview Question – All were easy straight forward vet experience related   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Licensed Veterinary Technician Interview

Licensed Veterinary Technician

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at VCA Antech.

Interview Details – The interview was fairly informal. It took place in person at the hospital. Interview was conducted by the direct supervisor.

Interview Question – How do you handle death?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation. They offered me what they said was the standard hiring rate take it or leave it. They were not actually hiring at the time, but did not want to lose me so I was hired part time at first until the budget allowed more.

Distribution Clerk Interview

Distribution Clerk

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at VCA Antech.

Interview Details – I found the offer on careerbuilder, but initially it was for a data entry position. When I got there they made me feel very welcome, but there were a lot of people there for interviews for different positions, which made me very suspicious about their turnover rate. Human Resources was pleasant. I found it was a little too easy to get this job, and there was a reason this position was empty because it is a very tedious and time consuming position. I was doing the work of 4 people.

Interview Question – They didn't ask that many questions, which should have been a red flag. They wanted a body to do menial work, but they get science applicants who are into the science laboratory aspect and not packing samples half the time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't take a job there. You are treated like a slave.

Client Service Representative Interview

Client Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at VCA Antech in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was simple. Showing up in person to apply instead of just going online made a big difference (I assume)

Interview Question – Nothing to speak of. The only question I remember being asked was what I knew about the company, and not much was scrutinized as far as that goes.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – ...naïve?

Veterinary Technician Interview

Veterinary Technician
Berwyn, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at VCA Antech in November 2009.

Interview Details – I found the advertisement on their website. I sent a copy of my CV and was contacted 2 days later. I came in and filled out an application and had an interview with the tech supervisor. I was called back 2 days later for a working interview. The day after the working interview I received a call that I had the job.

Interview Question – They were all pretty standard. Possibly the most difficult was "why do you want to work for VCA?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Due to my lack of experience there was no negotiations. I accepted the offer.

Lab Assistant Interview

Lab Assistant
Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at VCA Antech in October 2011.

Interview Details – One interview with lab supervisor. Asked about relevant work experience and given an overview of the company. Quick tour of lab. Called back within a week with job offer.

Interview Question – Have you applied to other positions?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a slightly higher salary for my previous work experience, and was told management would not negotiate. I was assured that there would be opportunity to advance, however the company did not give any such opportunities to those who showed competency and worked longest in the company.

Registered Veterinary Technician Interview

Registered Veterinary Technician
Union City, CA

I applied online and interviewed at VCA Antech.

Interview Details – The interview process was the most elaborate I have undergone. The interview lasted an hour with both the hospital manager and regional manager present. I was asked question by question what I would do in certain situations and additionally some very generic questions.

Interview Question – What is something that is a wasteful time consumer during you're work day?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Stand your ground with your offer.

Worked for VCA Antech? Contribute to the Community!