VCA Antech Interview Questions

Updated Dec 30, 2014

2.4

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at VCA Antech.

Interview

Not to bad. Met with the manager first. Met with the director afterwards, The whole process did not take very long, less than an hour. Clearly expressed the work load.

AP Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at VCA Antech.

Interview

I was hired through a temp agency. Afterwords, I was interview by a supervisor and a manager without experience interview you. I did that long time ago. I think now the current process it through their HR.

Veterinary Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at VCA Antech.

Interview

I went in for an interview and met the hospital manager. We discussed basic interview questions. I then was called in for a second working interview, I went in for 3 hours and watched everyone. I then was called about a week later to discuss being hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They told me they could only offer a certain amount and at the time I needed a job so I took it.

RVT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at VCA Antech (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Interview and hired by Medical Director due to office was trying to find a manager. Great interview felt at ease.

Negotiation

Not much of one. Was told what it was and that was all that was allowed. Did have another interview that day, so gave answer later.

Veterinary Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at VCA Antech.

Interview

Ad posted on craigslist by local hospital. Best method to get a response as their corp website does nothing. Called for interview by HM. Then scheduled a working interview with tech supv and head vet. Nice people in front and back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated pay. They knew I would not have accepted otherwise.

Vet Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at VCA Antech.

Interview

Quick and easy

Licensed Veterinary Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at VCA Antech.

Interview

The interview was fairly informal. It took place in person at the hospital. Interview was conducted by the direct supervisor.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real negotiation. They offered me what they said was the standard hiring rate take it or leave it. They were not actually hiring at the time, but did not want to lose me so I was hired part time at first until the budget allowed more.

Distribution Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at VCA Antech.

Interview

I found the offer on careerbuilder, but initially it was for a data entry position. When I got there they made me feel very welcome, but there were a lot of people there for interviews for different positions, which made me very suspicious about their turnover rate. Human Resources was pleasant. I found it was a little too easy to get this job, and there was a reason this position was empty because it is a very tedious and time consuming position. I was doing the work of 4 people.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask that many questions, which should have been a red flag. They wanted a body to do menial work, but they get science applicants who are into the science laboratory aspect and not packing samples half the time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't take a job there. You are treated like a slave.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at VCA Antech in October 2013.

Interview

Sent numerous emails. Finally came in for an interview. Received a tour of the hospital. Was told to think about it for 24hrs and then email the manager. Emailed the manager and then came in for a working interview. Got the job.

Interview Questions

• The manager told me all the hardest things about the job to try and scare me away.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Registered Veterinary Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at VCA Antech (Union City, CA).

Interview

The interview process was the most elaborate I have undergone. The interview lasted an hour with both the hospital manager and regional manager present. I was asked question by question what I would do in certain situations and additionally some very generic questions.

Interview Questions

• What is something that is a wasteful time consumer during you're work day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Stand your ground with your offer.