VCA Antech Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 3, 2014
25 interviews

2.4

Veterinary Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at VCA Antech.

I went in for an interview and met the hospital manager. We discussed basic interview questions. I then was called in for a second working interview, I went in for 3 hours and watched everyone. I then was called about a week later to discuss being hired.

Interview Questions
    They told me they could only offer a certain amount and at the time I needed a job so I took it.

Veterinary Technician Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at VCA Antech in August 2010.

Hiring process was good. It took a few weeks,but wasn't bad. The managers were pretty enthusiastic and were good about getting dates and times set up. The returned my calls right away when the hiring process started and the interview was long but covered a lot of ground with the business. At the end, you can ask the interviewers questions too.

Receptionist Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at VCA Antech in October 2013.

Sent numerous emails. Finally came in for an interview. Received a tour of the hospital. Was told to think about it for 24hrs and then email the manager. Emailed the manager and then came in for a working interview. Got the job.

Interview Questions
    • The manager told me all the hardest things about the job to try and scare me away.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

RVT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at VCA Antech.

Interview and hired by Medical Director due to office was trying to find a manager. Great interview felt at ease.

Not much of one. Was told what it was and that was all that was allowed. Did have another interview that day, so gave answer later.

Veterinary Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at VCA Antech.

Ad posted on craigslist by local hospital. Best method to get a response as their corp website does nothing. Called for interview by HM. Then scheduled a working interview with tech supv and head vet. Nice people in front and back.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated pay. They knew I would not have accepted otherwise.

ICU Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at VCA Antech in October 2010.

I submitted a faxed resume. I was interviewed in person once.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was "How would you handle a client that cannot afford treatment for their pet, and therefore is forced to euthanise"   Answer Question
    I was out of work in a specialised field. There was no negotiation, I accepted the offer despite my experience.

Vet Tech Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at VCA Antech.

Quick and easy

Licensed Veterinary Technician Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at VCA Antech.

The interview was fairly informal. It took place in person at the hospital. Interview was conducted by the direct supervisor.

Interview Questions
    No real negotiation. They offered me what they said was the standard hiring rate take it or leave it. They were not actually hiring at the time, but did not want to lose me so I was hired part time at first until the budget allowed more.

Distribution Clerk Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at VCA Antech.

I found the offer on careerbuilder, but initially it was for a data entry position. When I got there they made me feel very welcome, but there were a lot of people there for interviews for different positions, which made me very suspicious about their turnover rate. Human Resources was pleasant. I found it was a little too easy to get this job, and there was a reason this position was empty because it is a very tedious and time consuming position. I was doing the work of 4 people.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask that many questions, which should have been a red flag. They wanted a body to do menial work, but they get science applicants who are into the science laboratory aspect and not packing samples half the time.   Answer Question
    Don't take a job there. You are treated like a slave.

Client Service Representative Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at VCA Antech in January 2010.

Interview was simple. Showing up in person to apply instead of just going online made a big difference (I assume)

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to speak of. The only question I remember being asked was what I knew about the company, and not much was scrutinized as far as that goes.   Answer Question

...naïve?

Worked for VCA Antech? Contribute to the Community!