VCA Antech Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2014
Updated Oct 10, 2014

2.4

AP Supervisor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at VCA Antech.

I was hired through a temp agency. Afterwords, I was interview by a supervisor and a manager without experience interview you. I did that long time ago. I think now the current process it through their HR.

Veterinary Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at VCA Antech.

I went in for an interview and met the hospital manager. We discussed basic interview questions. I then was called in for a second working interview, I went in for 3 hours and watched everyone. I then was called about a week later to discuss being hired.

Interview Questions
    They told me they could only offer a certain amount and at the time I needed a job so I took it.

RVT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at VCA Antech.

Interview and hired by Medical Director due to office was trying to find a manager. Great interview felt at ease.

Not much of one. Was told what it was and that was all that was allowed. Did have another interview that day, so gave answer later.

Veterinary Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at VCA Antech.

Ad posted on craigslist by local hospital. Best method to get a response as their corp website does nothing. Called for interview by HM. Then scheduled a working interview with tech supv and head vet. Nice people in front and back.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated pay. They knew I would not have accepted otherwise.

Vet Tech Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at VCA Antech.

Quick and easy

Licensed Veterinary Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at VCA Antech.

The interview was fairly informal. It took place in person at the hospital. Interview was conducted by the direct supervisor.

Interview Questions
    No real negotiation. They offered me what they said was the standard hiring rate take it or leave it. They were not actually hiring at the time, but did not want to lose me so I was hired part time at first until the budget allowed more.

Distribution Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at VCA Antech.

I found the offer on careerbuilder, but initially it was for a data entry position. When I got there they made me feel very welcome, but there were a lot of people there for interviews for different positions, which made me very suspicious about their turnover rate. Human Resources was pleasant. I found it was a little too easy to get this job, and there was a reason this position was empty because it is a very tedious and time consuming position. I was doing the work of 4 people.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask that many questions, which should have been a red flag. They wanted a body to do menial work, but they get science applicants who are into the science laboratory aspect and not packing samples half the time.   Answer Question
    Don't take a job there. You are treated like a slave.

Receptionist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at VCA Antech in October 2013.

Sent numerous emails. Finally came in for an interview. Received a tour of the hospital. Was told to think about it for 24hrs and then email the manager. Emailed the manager and then came in for a working interview. Got the job.

Interview Questions
    • The manager told me all the hardest things about the job to try and scare me away.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Registered Veterinary Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA

I applied online – interviewed at VCA Antech.

The interview process was the most elaborate I have undergone. The interview lasted an hour with both the hospital manager and regional manager present. I was asked question by question what I would do in certain situations and additionally some very generic questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that is a wasteful time consumer during you're work day?   View Answer
    Stand your ground with your offer.

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at VCA Antech in April 2013.

Rude. Rude, rude, rude. With interviewers that look through you and don"t give the slightest hint of a smile or human warmth and a very cold, mechanical vibe to the entire process. Wish I hadn't come in.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't the questions that were the problem, it was the interviewers personalities.   Answer Question