VCE Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at VCE.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and soon after with no notice a call from the hiring manager. All went well and they invited me in. They mentioned moving fast so I offered my availability to accommodate. Went for an in person interview that was pleasant and felt like it went well. I asked about next steps and was told by July they hope to have the position filled. Fully understood if other candidates may have been a better fit, however the recruiter and the 2 people I interviewed with never contacted me. I emailed a thank you and then a follow up to all 3. It is over 3 weeks later. You would think after I made effort to take time out of my day from work for calls and in person interviews they would have the courtesy to communicate. Disappointed in a growing company like this style to recruit and never reply, even the recruiter never communicated and I reached out to her as well.

Interview Questions

• How do you deliver bad news to your customer.   1 Answer

Senior VArchitect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at VCE (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screen, drug screen, background check, in-person in front of a panel of peers. Have to prepare and be ready to touch topics across a wide variety of technologies as best you can. Give a whiteboard pitch

Interview Questions

• Describe what makes you a great fit for the role, how would you grade yourself on your knowledge of storage network compute technology?   Answer Question
    • What is cloud? How do you use it? Where do you see VCE?   Answer Question
    • Describe a challenging situation and how you resolved it   Answer Question
    • Talk about your strengths?   Answer Question
    • Can you talk about VMware products? Describe your experiences   Answer Question

Legal Counsel Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at VCE in March 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen was with HR recruiter, followed by phone screen with hiring manager. A significant amount of time passed between the initial HR screen and the phone interview with the hiring manager.

In-person interview was the final step.

Senior VArchitect Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at VCE.

Interview

Meetings w hiring manager... Some webex presentations. Multiple calls with other managers... Nothing of value.... If I hadn't needed the job, I wouldn't have taken it. Performed a webex presentation of some sakes kit to a team of nerds... No tough questions came of it, and none of those guys are even working for the company any more... That should say a lot..

Interview Questions

• Nothing.... Run of them mill... They couldn't fill the spot fast enough.... No ne stays here... Churn is high   Answer Question

Negotiation

Maxed them out... Had promises of LTIP and other BS. Never even came close to OTE.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at VCE in January 2015.

Interview

Several phone interviews and face to face with hiring manager and SE. Was verbally offered the job and asked for a start date. Was told an offer was being processed within a few days. Received a call the next day saying that there was someone else they were also going to look at for the position and they were going to fit them into the process. (After I was offered the job)
    I was thankful I found out soon enough how this company operates. How they treat you before the interview is a good indicator of how it will be after you are hired. I dismissed some of the negative comments on Glassdoor, but now understand why they are there. Candidacy withdrawn.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone and in person interview by Manager and Senior Management. The interview questions were not very role centric rather dwelt on comfort level in a start up culture. The interviews were of moderate duration.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable in start-up culture?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at VCE (Richardson, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

As many positions in this role are CTH, getting the opportunity to interview for an FTE role was a great plus. I applied through a recruiter that I networked with on LinkedIn, who was very competent and informative about VCE and its challenges. Unfortunately, I was soon passed off to a second contract recruiter who had difficulty in timing interviews and ultimately in following up with anything. I was then set-up (with several false starts) for an afternoon of 1x1s. I enjoyed meeting with the people, as they appeared very intelligent and motivated, although all of them appeared somewhat stressed and were visibly "watching the clock" during our 1x1s. During a second onsite, I then interviewed with the hiring manager, who also impressed me. That interview ended with him asking me if I "wanted the job", to which I replied, "Yes, let's move forward". Shortly afterward, I received a package of benefits from the recruiter with a message "We'll certainly be in touch." That was two months ago. I've attempted contact with the recruiter twice since then, with no reply or acknowledgement. I guess "no one is home", or they really don't need anyone and this process was a hollow exercise and waste of time. I wish VCE all the best in getting the "best" talent in the future.

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult - Outline the steps in a project, from start to finish.   1 Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at VCE (Richardson, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter followed by phone interview with hiring manager. Both went well and was invited to come and meet the team. Travelled 1300 miles round trip because of the enthusiasm given by the hiring manager (even suggested interviewing on a Friday so we could look for housing). That seemed to be a pretty positive sign. In the phone interview we covered my skills and abilities as well as past experiences and employers. After traveling the long distance I interviewed with the hiring manager for approximately 15 minutes (nothing really new was covered) and then introduced to the team as a candidate for the position. Spent about 25 minutes with the team and the interview ended. The recruiter received no follow-up from the company for 3 weeks. All attempts to contact the company for a status was null and void. Totally unprofessional and made me realize that a cutting edge company should have more than a blunt edge when it comes to professional courtesy and HR practices. Even sent the hiring manager a text on the cell phone he used to conduct the interview. Nothing at all. In the end my thoughts were: After careful considerations of the prestige of the company and the technological advancements of the organization, I decided to pursue other companies that better matched my expectation of professionalism and best hiring practices.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult. Lots of focus on them and how you will fit into their culture.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at VCE (Richardson, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and an overview of the position and organization was given. Standard hiring and interview process. A phone screening was conducted, then a phone interview and then was selected Team interview. After team interview was not given any type of follow up or status. Sent thank you letter but overall standard process. Did not like the environment.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Windows, DNS, PowerShell and VMWARE?   1 Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at VCE (Marlborough, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

First got contacted by a recruiter on an unplanned phone interview. Later got a planned phone interview with one of the people I would be working with. Finally the the third interview was an onsite interview with both the people I would be working with. It seems to me however, that this was a very particular process tailored for the specific position.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my resume, my past experience and what I wanted to do in the next five years were very common.   Answer Question