VCE

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Phone and in person interview by Manager and Senior Management. The interview questions were not very role centric rather dwelt on comfort level in a start up culture. The interviews were of moderate duration.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable in start-up culture?   View Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at VCE in August 2014.

Phone interview with recruiter followed by phone interview with hiring manager. Both went well and was invited to come and meet the team. Travelled 1300 miles round trip because of the enthusiasm given by the hiring manager (even suggested interviewing on a Friday so we could look for housing). That seemed to be a pretty positive sign. In the phone interview we covered my skills and abilities as well as past experiences and employers. After traveling the long distance I interviewed with the hiring manager for approximately 15 minutes (nothing really new was covered) and then introduced to the team as a candidate for the position. Spent about 25 minutes with the team and the interview ended. The recruiter received no follow-up from the company for 3 weeks. All attempts to contact the company for a status was null and void. Totally unprofessional and made me realize that a cutting edge company should have more than a blunt edge when it comes to professional courtesy and HR practices. Even sent the hiring manager a text on the cell phone he used to conduct the interview. Nothing at all. In the end my thoughts were: After careful considerations of the prestige of the company and the technological advancements of the organization, I decided to pursue other companies that better matched my expectation of professionalism and best hiring practices.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. Lots of focus on them and how you will fit into their culture.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at VCE in July 2014.

Contacted by recruiter and an overview of the position and organization was given. Standard hiring and interview process. A phone screening was conducted, then a phone interview and then was selected Team interview. After team interview was not given any type of follow up or status. Sent thank you letter but overall standard process. Did not like the environment.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience with Windows, DNS, PowerShell and VMWARE?   View Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at VCE in April 2014.

First got contacted by a recruiter on an unplanned phone interview. Later got a planned phone interview with one of the people I would be working with. Finally the the third interview was an onsite interview with both the people I would be working with. It seems to me however, that this was a very particular process tailored for the specific position.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about my resume, my past experience and what I wanted to do in the next five years were very common.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VCE.

Phone screen by recruiting company. Face to face with hiring manager and a few of his direct reports.

No negotiation.

Senior VArchitect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richards, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richards, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at VCE in March 2014.

Received a call from a VCE recruiter and we talked for about 45 minutes. She immediately contacted the Hiring Manager and we also talked for 45 minutes. The following day I was asked to fly to Dallas, meet the team, and give a 15-minute presentation on any subject. I learned after the fact that they had pretty much decided on me before the presentation began. Unusual.

Interview Questions
    • Frankly, the interview process had no surprise questions or anything requiring specific detail.   View Answer
    They had no issue with my salary expectations and even gave me a "bump".

Manager Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VCE in February 2014.

Shortly after applying, I was contacted by a recruiter and conducted a relatively short phone screen - discussed my work history and some aspects of the job. I then was asked to come in for an interview at the EMC Lisle office. Met with two people simultaneously for a relatively basic interview - discussed work history, business/management theory. Three disappointing aspects on my end: the original job description implied the position was in Chicago when it was actually to be at the Lisle office, no one mentioned until I was at the on-site interview that 60-80% travel would be expected, and there was no follow up after the interview. I know the latter has started to become standard in some people's eyes, but it has always been my practice when conducting interviews to follow up with any on-site applicants as a sign of respect and appreciation of the time that they have taken to meet with me; I consider it common courtesy. The interview went well, so I was surprised not to hear anything further from them. In retrospect, I was pleased since none of these surprises/disappointments from the interview process bode will for the internal operations of the company. My best advice would be to get as full of details from the recruiter during the phone screening so you aren't blindsided during the interview. Had I received full information, it's not likely I would have driven over an hour to meet with them.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very basic - describe your understanding of the company, describe your past work history, imagine your response to various scenarios.   Answer Question

Business Process Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VCE in February 2014.

I was hired through a recruiter, most jobs are contract to hire so even after I was hired I gave two weeks notice to my last employer and got right on. I was being paid by the recruiting agency for a couple of months before getting on full time.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at VCE.

Interview process was the typical. Managers were mostly late.

I interviewed with multiple managers and executives. They definitely gave me a broad snapshot in to the fast growing company of VCE. I was very interested in understanding the source of their success.

Unfortunately, the culture was very much like EMC from a negative perspective - extreme arrogance and my way or the highway. I heard executives dropping f-bombs while I was waiting for my interview...amazing. One of my interviews was the interviewer telling me for nearly an hour why he didn't like VCE and was probably going to leave.

When I was done, I had most of my questions answered and decided it wasn't the place for me.

Vblock Test Engineer ( Junior Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VCE in October 2013.

1) Formally apply online.
    2) Informally apply as well, if you are associated with the hiring manager, or a member of his team.
    3) Phone call from recruiter likely.
    4) Phone call from hiring manager likely.
    5) Panel interviews and phone interviews with members of team.
    6) Week to make decisions.
    7) Offer or feedback on interview, depending on time available.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer
    • Tell me about yourself.   View Answer
    • You have a pencil. How would you go about performing test cases for it?   View Answer