VDC Research Interview Questions & Reviews

1.2

Sales/Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Natick, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at VDC Research.

Possibly the most disorganized small firm I've ever seen. Total chaos, which is a bit surprising considering their size.

Clumsy company

Market Research Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at VDC Research in April 2010.

Was a joke. They are begging to get people here

Interview Questions
    Yes, They are open to a higher salary but the CEO will find a way to get out of it.

Research Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at VDC Research.

VDC is largely irrelevant as a research firm. My interview consisted of a cursory review of prior work experiences. Not much more. VDC was desperate to bring in someone, anyone off the street. Don't recall any difficult questions as the hiring process was designed to get a body in the building as soon as possible. VDC attracts the least qualified people - the least expensive, least experienced, and the long-term unemployed. This hire-on-the-cheap philosophy lowers VDC's value proposition to clients. It shows in the final research products which are always late and filled with data errors. The QC and re-work at VDC is extremely high and many clients are disgusted and leaving the firm. CEO and VP of Hardware / Software are unskilled, to say the least.

Interview Questions
    VDC Research is tiny and built around hiring the cheapest options. I took the low-ball offer, but will be leaving as soon as I possibly can.

Sales/Account Director Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at VDC Research.

Applied online, over-eager CEO called me back almost immediately (someone flunked Sales 101). Lots of hoops to jump through, including multiple in-person interviews, a writing test, and reference check. An insane, time consuming process (especially when is currently employed) spearheaded by a CEO who lacks confidence and people skills. This probably should've been the first major red flag.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions about discounting, including attitude towards discounting product, how one would respond if a client asked for a discount, etc. Questions I would typically associate with a more junior sales role.   Answer Question
    Depends on how bad they want you. I got what I asked for.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at VDC Research.

Silly questions like those at consulting firms...how many cows in Canada, etc.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation VDC does not negotiate take it or leave it.

Production Executive Assistant Interview

Small company with no real strategy beyond getting the work done on a day-to-day basis. CEO is weak. VP of Hardware and Software is weal, too. A couple of clones.

Interview Questions
    • Q. If VDC closed its doors tomorrow, would any clients care? A. No, they would not.   View Answer
    I get $_________ an hour and will be leaving as soon as I find something, anything, anywhere.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at VDC Research in June 2011.

Hiring process at VDC is comical as the CEO tries to use management consulting recruiting techniques to find the "best" candidates. In reality, no one wants to work at VDC under any circumstances. Due to a weak economy over the past 5 years, some of us had to settle for this firm until the economy improved.

Interview Questions
    • CEO lacks leadership ability, yet continues to play the role of thoughtful and caring executive, qualities he does not truly possess.   Answer Question
    Pulling teeth. Cheap organization.

Worked for VDC Research? Contribute to the Community!