VF

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.6

Vice President Finance Interview

It was rigorous. Interviewed with 14 people over two visits. Multiple phone interviews as well. Personality inventory testing was part of the process as well. The good side was I got to know a number of the team members before I every joined.

Finance Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at VF.

Three interviews. 1 over the phone, 2nd in person, and 3rd bring you back if they like you. It took about 5 hours for steps two and three. Very picky company, more than you would think. Also, slow to get back but that seems very common.

Senior Materials Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at VF in August 2013.

Great communication and planing. The hiring process is effective and stress free. I felt a great report with the interviewers and also had a good time learning more about the company and its different lines of business.
    Go prepared and know a lot about the product or brand that you are applying for.

Interview Questions
    • How is you management style? Aggressive or passive ?   View Answer
    very hard negotiation phase.......hard to get a deserved and promised salary.

Pallet Packs Interview

Interview was short. Was called the night before for a 15-20 min interview the following evening. Manager only asked 2-3 questions to determine hiring eligibility.

Pay was non-negotiable

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at VF in June 2013.

Interviewed over the phone for a senior finance position. HR person seemed extremely rushed and disengaged. She went through a list of standardized questions, why VF? what will you bring to the table etc. It became obvious during the call that they were interviewing me simply to "interview" someone for a job that was being filled internally. No subsequent communication from the company.

Interview Questions
    • What dont you like about your current role? What do you hope to find here that you have not had in your previous professional experience?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at VF in September 2011.

I applied online at the company site. Within a week the HR manager reached out to be requesting my resume. I next schedule a phone interview with her where we covered my previous work experience and she asked some questions around my work history. No behavioral standard interview questions. At the end of the interview she arranged for a second interview with the Regional manager. After the second interview the original HR manager reached back out to me within the hour and made the offer.

Interview Questions
    • It was really all conversations around previous work experience and it felt much more conversational than Q&A   Answer Question
    I accepted the initial offer.

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VF in January 2011.

Phone interview with HR and 1:1 interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions

I gestured and declined to contribute interview and process. The impression left from the manager (VP of Marketing at John Varvatos) was that the environment is very unprofessional. She almost said it herself and she convinced me too. I got 15 minutes early for my interview and there was another candidate being interviewed right in front of me and I could hear everything. I spent 45 minutes waiting to be even acknowledged by the manager and only because I made them realize I was still there. Then the manager apologizes as she just came from Milan and said asked for two more minutes which turned out to be 15 more minutes. Some of the initial questions were where I was from. When I mentioned I was born elsewhere she quickly said how smart I was and kept looking at my lips as if I was speaking Martian. I asked if she was having a hard time with my accent, and she said no because she was once married to a French so she understood all accents, and also because she was Scottish. I guess once you understand one accents you understand all accents?? Then my presentation began and after I was told at least 20 times how smart and overqualified I was for the job, I finally said Yes, I am very smart and it's interesting how you would think of me as too smart and overqualified when you could think of me as the person who can take their digital marketing to the next level. She was looking for a pretext, so more of you are too smart and overqualified. Then I said I definitely don’t want to be where I am not wanted, but you have to be careful to put a person too smart and to high because what is that says about you? It almost makes you sound not so smart and look too low. Trying to easy the climate I was asked that if I was married, what I was waiting for to start having babies. My answer 'I kind of like people making their own decisions'. Just when I thought that person couldn’t be more unprofessional, I am asked what’s my favorite designer, and I say I have no preference as I am not very well knowledgeable in fashion design even though my experience is in Luxury brands. Then she made a big face like I FINALLY GOT YA!! What was wrong with that picture? Well, okay, it’s almost like saying she is not qualified for her VP of Marketing at John Varvatos job because she is a single mother, as it demonstrates she can’t understand men, and when she tries she fails, and John Varvatos is all about men luxury products. She said she would need some weeks to think about this so closed by saying please take all the time.

Innovation Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at VF in January 2011.

Received call from HR to setup interview with the manager. HR did not do a screening interview. I felt a bit overqualified for the position, but saw some potential upward movement. The interviewer wasn't very experienced in interviewing and was only relaying my answers to the SVP. It was pretty typical behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to use creativity to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tannersville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tannersville, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at VF in October 2009.

interview with store manager and assitant manager
    asked simple questions
    what did i dislike/like about previous jobs
    how would i sell an item to a customer
    about my customer service experience
    talked about company job expectations and job details

Interview Questions
    no negotiation set salary get review after first year or less then get raises, get reviews and or raises as long as your working for the company

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at VF in June 2009.

Multiple interviews through recruiter (including backround check and personality assessment). 45 minute phone interview with hiring manager, then one on-site 2 hour interview with several department members.

No negotiation available.