VF Outlet

www.vfoutlet.com

VF Outlet Interview Questions

2.5

ASM Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at VF Outlet.

very detailed, two in person interviews before making a decision, lots of question pertinent to position

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at VF Outlet in November 2013.

3 interview process - Store Manager, District Manager, then HR Director

money was not correct

Retail Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VF Outlet in September 2012.

Like most jobs, applying to VF requires online access, and steady patience in order to complete an application. Despite my lack of job experience, VF was willing to overlook that and observe my other strengths, which resulted in an interview. As a recent High School graduate, and little to no experience in retail, my employment in this industry looked dim. However, with persistence and determination I was able to be hired. Obviously one has to demonstrate that they are the exception especially those who are in my humble position.

Interview Questions
    • Retail situated scenarios, which involved customers being upset, and other situations that a newbie is not familiar with.   Answer Question
    Minimum wage or no dice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boaz, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boaz, AL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at VF Outlet in June 2012.

I saw ad on internet and I applied online. Few days later got a call and an interview was set up. Interview was average. I was interviewed by the management team. I was told they would call me on a certain day and they did! All managers were friendly and gave me a welcoming feeling. Was hired soon after interview and been working there 2 years and going!

Interview Questions
    • Please give an example on how you would approach a customer and giving good customer service.   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, WA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at VF Outlet in June 2011.

I was initially interviewed over the phone by the Human Resources department after I had submitted my resume online. I was then scheduled for a personal interview at a Job Fair that the company was conducting approximately 1 week later. The position was offered to me 4 days later and I actually started working 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself that I don't already know.   View Answer
    I personally don't like being interviewed for a management position in a room full of other prospective employees, including PT applicants. It is very difficult to discuss salary needs, job responsibilities, etc. with other people listening in. Store management interviews should be held in a different location or at a different time.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at VF Outlet in March 2011.

Was interviewed by store manager initially. Second interview was with district manager. Third interview was with the HR Director over the phone. Fourth interview was informal, was told it was to fill a gap because the hiring process for managers was so slow.

No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at VF Outlet.

Can you be open with hours?
    Why do you want to work here?

Interview Questions
    • What is something difficult in your life and how do you deal with it?   Answer Question
    Nothing. It was you take minimum wage or nothing.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at VF Outlet in September 2012.

The interview was fairly easy. The person who was supposed to interview me was busy, so I was interviewed by someone from Personnel. He pretty much just asked what customer service means to me and a few customer service and teamwork related questions. It took maybe 15 to 20 minutes at most and he spent a lot of it just going over the hours and dress code.

Interview Questions

I was hired and came in for an orientation. Afterwards a lady called me to set up my schedule for working there. I was still finishing out my 2 weeks at my previous job and she told me to call back the next week on either Wednesday or Thursday. The nex Wednesday I was busy, so I called the number she left me on Thursday. Turns out this number is the number to the security desk which made no sense. So they transfered me to her line. After 5+ minutes of ringing I hung up. About 2 hours later I called back again, this time the security guy had no clue who I was looking for and finally found out that the lady wasn't even in that day. No one would give me her direct number and they put up a fight when I insisted they take a message for me. They told me she would be outside all the next day but I should try then anyway. I never heard back from them and recieved a $5 check in the mail from my orientation. This company seems to only want people who will go above and beyond just to find out when they can start training. No thanks.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at VF Outlet in September 2010.

Just was asked a few questions from the online application.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at VF Outlet in June 2010.

Interviewer asked a lot of questions but none were difficult at all. I was given two interviews in a row but did not take longer than 40 minutes. The people were very friendly and it seemed like a great working environment. I would have accepted the job offer if it would have been for more money. If you would like to work in an uplifting environment and do not require a certain amount of pay (offer was close to minimum wage), then this is the job for you.

Interview Questions
    • How would this work experience fit into your long term goals?   Answer Question