VHA

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at VHA in December 2011.

Interview Details – Email, phone, in person

Reason for Declining – Another opportunity

Project Manager Interview

Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at VHA in October 2010.

Interview Details – Telephone screening followed by personal interviews with multiple people in the department. All 1-1 interviews, not panel interviews. The best way to get an interview is go through an agency like Matrix or InSource Group. The HR department is not very tech savvy, so the screening process to get to the IT organization is very inconsistent.

Interview Question – Explain how you manage an Agile project?   View Answer

Staff Analyst Interview

Staff Analyst
Irving, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at VHA in January 2010.

Interview Details – email, phone calls, very good communication

Interview Question – write an excel formula on paper   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at VHA

Interview Details – Hiring process took several months, speaking to about 7 different people. Recruiter was not great with follow-up after each interview, though he is no longer there. They use the "targetted selection" process - Google it for specifics but essentially each person who interviews you is looking for a specific trait, such as teamwork, and thy are supposed to focus on that before asking other questions. It can make it hard to get them to know you as a person. Have lots of examples to share about how you are a team player, how to deal with difficult sitatuations, etc.

Interview Question – None. It was all pretty typical for targetted selection.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They wanted me to throw out an offer first, and after some awkwardness I got them to make an over without that. It was higher than I'd expected, but after working there a while I think I should have countered more.

Manager Interview

Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at VHA in October 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process was several interviews and use the targeted selection method which is situational interview questions.

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a higher base salary than originally offered.

Chief Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at VHA in December 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and long wait before I learned of an interview. I only had a phone interview done as a group with three individuals. Human resources process was extremely slow and lots of redundancy and errors. Behavioral based interview and learned very little about position and felt they learned very little about me.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you had a conflict with an employee and how did you handle it? What did you learn and what would you do diffferently?   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at VHA in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interviews-multiple and 2-3 in person interview. typically a 2-3 month process from start to finish

Interview Question – describe a no-win situation and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at VHA in July 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewing process at VHA is grueling! I attribute this to the interviewers schedules. Rarely can you get an interview quickly where all the executives you will meet with are in office at the same time. This is why it can take weeks to actually get the interview. Once you finally interview a decision is made relatively quickly. VHA is a great company but has many changes (layoffs), and downsizing.

Interview Question – What area do you feel you need to improve in most?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary. The recruiter went back to the hiring manager twice on my behalf and came back with a satisfactory outcome. There is a low, mid-range, and high salary gauge. Salaries for an EA range from low 48, midrange 54, to high 60. Naturally, this is based on experience.

Senior Analyst Interview

Irving, TX

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at VHA in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screening followed by panel and 1:1 interviews as well as a skills assessment

Interview Question – Give examples of how you managed difficult situations in previous positions   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Irving, TX

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at VHA in February 2009.

Interview Details – Cumbersome. Took a long time.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be a good fit for this job?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for VHA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VHA interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by VHA employees and interview candidates.